Dapol N Gauge 63xx

TomE

And the motor in the boiler with no big connector through the cab, I never felt this method was intrusive when done by the 2mm chaps but for the frailities of N RTR it was a bit of a monster connection.

It's nice to see so much being announced for N gauge this weekend even if I've just sold off the last of my N gauge ex GWR steam and stock.

• Agree 1

Very nice

2S-043-001 6336 'Great Western' green

2S-043-002 6385 Shirt Button green

2S-043-003 7301 'GWR' green

2S-043-004 6324 BR Black, early crest

2S-043-005 6364 BR Green, early crest

2S-043-006 7310 BR Green, late crest

too bad..

the release date is TBC.

Let's hope it will be not that late than the SR Pacific.

I wonder if they plan to work on more GWR focused stuff (maybe a reworked Pairie chasis?) in the future or we could await new LNER Stuff. Suburban Coaches would be nice.

Edited by Stefen1988

• RMweb Premium

I wonder if this is an announcement in response to Sonic's 61xx and the potential for a 63xx coming from there?

Edit - not to knock Dapol as the CAD's show that they have obviously been working on it since before Sonic's 61xx announcement. 

Edited by Kris
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

1 hour ago, fezza said:

Good news!

My only request is PLEASE make sure they run well. There have been some real disappointments in the past with the 48xx and the old prairies.

Different era with very different mechanisms to modern chassis - they were the first models Dapol produced in N, and if you kept them clean and well run in they were actually quite sweet runners, my Prairies certainly were.

• RMweb Premium
6 hours ago, fezza said:

Good news!

My only request is PLEASE make sure they run well. There have been some real disappointments in the past with the 48xx and the old prairies.

My 48xx/14xx's have been fine, and the running of them good, especially considering that they are models that are 20 years old now. 

• 11 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Has there been any news on the status of this model or the Battle of Britain, both were "about to go into tooling" in September last year in which case I would have hoped to see some EPs by now, I am wondering if there has actually been any progress....

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
4 hours ago, Ed-farms said:

Not seen anything yet but with Alexandra Palace show coming up I would not be surprised if they showed them off there.

Sadly Dapol don't seem to be on the exhibitor list this year.