PTA wagons from Revolution (n gauge)

Kris

Great news! Something to go behind the 59s. 

Does anyone know if the picture below common with the ARC loco hauling yeoman wagons? (And I guess as an entirely uninformed enthusiast, the first question should probably have been, have I got it right and those are actually PTAs in the photo 🤪). 

59102 Willesden Jn 23-12-96

All the best,

Dave 

Edited by DavidMcKenzie

• 6 months later...

Random question but I noticed recently that VTG have re-bodied a great deal of these wagons. Will this version be offered by Revolution and does someone have any information about when/ why this work was done and what flows/ routes they are used on?

Picture below for reference. 

50222606676_6ba3b8f32a_c.jpg

9 hours ago, jackrob said:

Random question but I noticed recently that VTG have re-bodied a great deal of these wagons. Will this version be offered by Revolution and does someone have any information about when/ why this work was done and what flows/ routes they are used on?

The new bodies are put on wagons that were previously JSA steel carriers, so their life has been tippler, steel carrier, then box. There weren't that many done, I want to say 20 or 25, but further batches may have been done subsequently of course.

As this picture linked from Flickr shows, they're used on London area sand trains. Loaded at Cliffe, they generally seem to go to Stewarts Lane on 7U71 but I have seen them at Acton too, I think having delivered sand to the Quattro plant there.

Crofton Road Junction

Jo

• Like 4

• RMweb Gold
12 hours ago, jackrob said:

The wagon bodies are different to the PTA wagons and are coded JNA. Although we’re still undecided, It’s unlikely that we would produce these wagons given that they’re limited in numbers and are currently used on just one particular flow, and they’re similarity to the Ealnos wagons we’ve just produced. However, if the situation changes in the future and they become more widespread, it may be something to add to the ideas list.

Cheers Mike B

Edited by Revolution Mike B
  • Like 1

• 4 months later...

With the Dapol 87 on the way and 86s already existing, it would be nice to be able to model the often double-headed limestone trains on the WCML that used PTAs. The livery looks to be a mix of plain as well as former British steel, although I am prepared to be corrected on that:

87022 + 87010 south of Carstairs

AW37a Elvanfoot 87013 John O Gaunt

Carlisle 1989 c069

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, 47475 said:

With the Dapol 87 on the way and 86s already existing, it would be nice to be able to model the often double-headed limestone trains on the WCML that used PTAs. The livery looks to be a mix of plain as well as former British steel, although I am prepared to be corrected on that:

87022 + 87010 south of Carstairs

AW37a Elvanfoot 87013 John O Gaunt

Carlisle 1989 c069

I think it is a case that in the first shot, the leading wagon is the non-rotating coupling - draw gear fitted one. The Scunthorpe wagons were painted grey at the fixed coupling ends, with orange signifying the rotary end. So, each rake had a grey/grey at one end, and orange/grey at the other, with all intermediate wagons being orange/grey.

26034.JPG.0b84493f72cc602d5359f5dab684b47c.JPG

The leading wagon (26100) has fixed couplings, the next (26034) has the rotary coupling at the far end, and so on down the whole train...

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 3

• RMweb Gold
On 11/08/2023 at 22:38, Davexoc said:

I think it is a case that in the first shot, the leading wagon is the non-rotating coupling - draw gear fitted one. The Scunthorpe wagons were painted grey at the fixed coupling ends, with orange signifying the rotary end. So, each rake had a grey/grey at one end, and orange/grey at the other, with all intermediate wagons being orange/grey.

26034.JPG.0b84493f72cc602d5359f5dab684b47c.JPG

The leading wagon (26100) has fixed couplings, the next (26034) has the rotary coupling at the far end, and so on down the whole train...

Hello all,

While the point about the markings in relation to the rotating coupler are correct, I should just note that the wagons in this photograph are not the type Revolution is offering.

cheers

Ben A.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Informative/Useful 2

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Gold

On the premise I looked on the Revolution website earlier and couldn’t find anything bar one line on a page that I wasn’t sure whether it was up to date or not, would I be right in assuming that no idea on production dates or prices for the PTA wagons has been announced? I know Revolution say something, when there is something to say, but the lack of mention on the website did make me wonder if it had gone off the drawing board for some reason?

Hoping it’s still there, I am assuming (read hoping) it will be like the Accurascale wagons, with a set on outer/inners/outer and a second set of inners only?

Rich

• RMweb Gold
8 hours ago, MarshLane said:

On the premise I looked on the Revolution website earlier and couldn’t find anything bar one line on a page

<snipped> but the lack of mention on the website did make me wonder if it had gone off the drawing board for some reason?

Rich

Hi there,

All models on the Projects page - including the PTAs - are in development or production at various stages.

cheers

Ben A.

Edited by Revolution Ben
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
6 hours ago, Revolution Ben said:

Hi there,

All models on the Projects page - including the PTAs - are in development or production at various stages.

cheers

Ben A.

Thanks Ben,

I have just noticed there's a last updated date above the table, which either is a new edition, or somehow I had completely missed when looking on the iPad!  Had I seen that, it would have answered the question for me!!

Thanks for the confirmation all the same.

Rich

• Like 2