Accurascale Class 37 EM and P4 Wheelsets Now Available To Pre-Order

• RMweb Gold

Hi everyone,

Great news! Our EM and P4 finescale drop in wheelsets for our forthcoming Class 37s are now available to pre-order.

1176301924_IMG_2542-removebg-preview(1).png.f81c2a899a778e1b874c8bf1ec03d619.png

Priced at just £24.95 per pack of 6 wheelsets they have the correct wheel profile and prototype wheel diameter. Wheel faces will also be painted, further improving on the samples shown below.

IMG_2543-removebg-preview.png.b0f7c82218b7f0fb54a21ac5aca5519e.png

Our wheelsets will arrive with the first batch of Class 37s to arrive (Modern Class 37/4 and Scottish Car Headlamp). These are not too far away, so keep an eye out for further updates very soon.

Pre-Order here: https://www.accurascale.com/collections/wheelsets? 

Cheers!

Fran 

• Like 7
  • Round of applause 1

• RMweb Gold
34 minutes ago, johndon said:

Will these wheels fit the Deltics as well?

John

15 minutes ago, McC said:

You can find Deltic sets here https://www.accurascale.com/collections/wheelsets

Yes according to a conversation I had on rmweb a short while ago, and the 37 wheels are the correct diameter, a first for Accurascale?!!

Mike.

• Agree 1
  • Round of applause 1

• RMweb Gold
2 minutes ago, Enterprisingwestern said:

Yes according to a conversation I had on rmweb a short while ago, and the 37 wheels are the correct diameter, a first for Accurascale?!!

Mike.

I remember when you used to be funny, Mike. Must be all that sun.

Cheers!

Fran 

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi John,

We cant promise they will fit, will be up to the end user to experiment. 

Cheers!

Fran 

Thanks for that, I appreciate that allowances may have to be be made for the wheels being larger but I assume that the gears are the same though? 

Edited by johndon
  • Agree 1

Now, the ignorant among us always believed that 37s and 55s ran on more-or-less the same bogies  -  give or take the occasional cast / fabricated difference ......

Anyway, without knowing the ins and outs of this wheel diameter argument - 'cos it's totally irrelevant to my 1948 interests and I've not scoured the threads - might I surmise that undersize wheels might actually be less visible than increased buffer height caused by replacing them ??!?

39 minutes ago, Wickham Green too said:

Anyway, without knowing the ins and outs of this wheel diameter argument - 'cos it's totally irrelevant to my 1948 interests and I've not scoured the threads - might I surmise that undersize wheels might actually be less visible than increased buffer height caused by replacing them ??!?

Putting the correct sized wheels in will require some ride height modifications but this has already been demonstrated over on the Scalefour society forum so I'm not concerned about having to do that.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
20 hours ago, Accurascale Fran said:

I remember when you used to be funny, Mike. Must be all that sun.

Cheers!

Fran 

18 hours ago, Islesy said:

Was he ever? Can't say I remember that instance...

I have taken overnight consideration so as not to post a kneejerk reaction.

Accurascale doesn't understand railway modelling does it?

There are some modellers, admittedly a small minority, and admittedly some of us (me only? ) a right PITA, who wish to model to an improved level of what is available straight out of the box, (this is not to denigrate those who do accept the base product, each to their own).

We realise that in order to achieve out aims we have to put a bit of effort into our modelling and accept that, quite reasonably, manufacturers can't be expected to cater for us over and above the majority.

So therefore when a company like Accurascale comes galloping into town proclaiming that they are the "finescale" modellers answer to a maidens prayer we prick up our ears.

We then find that in actual fact they are not what they claim to be it becomes even more of a disappointment than if they had not said anything at all.

Whilst I have not, obviously, bought every variation of rolling stock, all that I have bought has been considerably harder to re-wheel than Bachmann, Hornby et al , who make no claims as to ease of conversion, but can at least get wheels and axles to what is considered in the UK to be the "standard" and of the correct diameter.

In response to the 2 quoted comments from Accurascale employees, I have broad enough shoulders to accept personal insults, but look where treating your customers with disdain got Ratners.

Mike.

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold

Good morning!

I'm very sorry you feel accurascale have been disappointing so far when it comes to promotion or providing for finesscale modellers.

As you know, we make great efforts to design all of our models to accommodate 'easier' conversions, and have worked and consulted with the two main societies for the alternative scales to that end. We never promised miracles, but we did commit to engagement. Ultimately the finescale modellers requirements are something we've been consulting and testing hard on, bearing in mind we are still a 4 year old. 

While some of our earlier wagons score a 'could have done better. for absolute ease of install, you will be happy to hear we have retooled and upgraded any such efforts to ensure 'drop in' futures for those ranges. Additionally those lessons learned have led to pretty much all new releases in the last 24 months, and all forthcoming to be so designed to accommodate. All of this represents a significant investment in time, design, tooling, testing, manufacture and packaging / shipment for what is, essentially, a very small minority niche group in the scale.

While the Deltic had it's necessary compromises, the 37 does not, and we -continue- setting new norms by offering 'drop in' fine scale wheel sets for our locos, at a mere £25 for a full set with free postage.

You will then I hope both 'give us another chance' rather than judge our entire team and efforts on a single, early experience, and equally give us the benefit of the doubt, in a sincere manner, rather than seek to mock or insult the very people trying to open up, promote and make easier to join, your chosen fine scale. 

• Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold
46 minutes ago, Enterprisingwestern said:

I have taken overnight consideration so as not to post a kneejerk reaction.

Accurascale doesn't understand railway modelling does it?

There are some modellers, admittedly a small minority, and admittedly some of us (me only? ) a right PITA, who wish to model to an improved level of what is available straight out of the box, (this is not to denigrate those who do accept the base product, each to their own).

We realise that in order to achieve out aims we have to put a bit of effort into our modelling and accept that, quite reasonably, manufacturers can't be expected to cater for us over and above the majority.

So therefore when a company like Accurascale comes galloping into town proclaiming that they are the "finescale" modellers answer to a maidens prayer we prick up our ears.

We then find that in actual fact they are not what they claim to be it becomes even more of a disappointment than if they had not said anything at all.

Whilst I have not, obviously, bought every variation of rolling stock, all that I have bought has been considerably harder to re-wheel than Bachmann, Hornby et al , who make no claims as to ease of conversion, but can at least get wheels and axles to what is considered in the UK to be the "standard" and of the correct diameter.

In response to the 2 quoted comments from Accurascale employees, I have broad enough shoulders to accept personal insults, but look where treating your customers with disdain got Ratners.

Mike.

Hi Mike,

Firstly, I’m sorry that you took my attempt at humour the wrong way. It was meant in a similar spirit to the quips you have made towards us (Accurascale) in recent times, so I thought it would be something you would be okay with (and get a laugh out of. We have tried to be open and ‘human’ on the forum but I see that my engagement in some light hearted banter (and @Islesy too) can be taken incorrectly. Apologies.

As for your statement on our approach to the finescale area of the hobby we do (and have) held our hands up to errors in this area in the past and have tried to do better. This is something that will become evident in the near future and we do our best to go above and beyond with announcements such as the one in this thread. Not many manufacturers actively try to make products such as these wheels to aid EM and P4 modellers and lord knows it’s something we put a lot of time and capital into but make no money on in return as the demand is negligible. There’s a reason why other companies don’t bother, but we try go that extra yard to help and we’ve learnt a lot. At the end of the day we’d rather work together to get it right (and I have personally reached out to you about it in the past) than fall out with anyone.

So, once again sincerest apologies for the joke, and all the best. I’ll keep any attempts at humour to myself from now on. You did hit the “agree” reaction to my post though. 🙂

Cheers!

Fran

• Friendly/supportive 1

3 hours ago, Enterprisingwestern said:

Whilst my experience of Accurascale wagons is limited to the PTAs (nothing else they've done so far is suitable for my modelling interests), I can say that the P4 conversion for those involved nothing more than a couple of swipes with a file per bearing and drop the new wheels in, 9 wagons in less than 30 minutes...

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Will the Class 37 Drop in Wheel Sets be available on the Irish Models / (redirected from Accurascale.eu) website? Currently I can't find them.

I've tried to order using my accurascale.co.uk account but when it comes to speciifying my address, I am unable to because the drop down doesn't include Germany :-(

Regards

Richard

• RMweb Gold
58 minutes ago, rhnrhn said:

Will the Class 37 Drop in Wheel Sets be available on the Irish Models / (redirected from Accurascale.eu) website? Currently I can't find them.

I've tried to order using my accurascale.co.uk account but when it comes to speciifying my address, I am unable to because the drop down doesn't include Germany :-(

Regards

Richard

They will shortly yes.

https://irishrailwaymodels.com/collections/accessories/accessory-type_wheels-bogies?sort_by=created-descending

Edited by McC
  • Like 1