RMweb

Dapol Stove R Brake van replacement chassis

macgeordie

• RMweb Premium
3 minutes ago, Bluebell Model Railway said:

Great kit, certainly a much needed solution if it was available to people. 

As I have said in the post above, I'm ordering the etches for those who have requested one on Monday, so if anybody else wants one please message me.

Ian

• RMweb Premium
1 minute ago, Bluebell Model Railway said:

Thanks Ian, what sort of price are we talking for a kit? 

Unless the etchers put the price up again (they have gone up about 15% so far this year) it should be £37.20 for a full kit plus £3.40 postage for any number of kits. 

Ian

• RMweb Premium
31 minutes ago, pete_mcfarlane said:

I've just started an old BSL Stove-R that I bought off Ebay, and was wondering how to get the chassis to work. So I'm definitely interested in one of these. 

O.K. Pete I'll put you on the list. I'll message you when I am ready to send out the kits but it will be about a month from now.

Ian

• Like 1

Hi Ian, looks like I may have missed the boat - for the time being at least - as I have only just discovered this thread on your new chassis kit. Please let me know when you are likely to be ordering another batch of etches. I already had one of your BZ kits from you some time ago; not made much progress with it yet due to conetrating on loco kit building, and now layout wiring (somewhat slow as I have never done it before). Look forward to hearing from you.

• RMweb Premium
37 minutes ago, MacDuff999 said:

Hi Ian, looks like I may have missed the boat - for the time being at least - as I have only just discovered this thread on your new chassis kit. Please let me know when you are likely to be ordering another batch of etches. I already had one of your BZ kits from you some time ago; not made much progress with it yet due to conetrating on loco kit building, and now layout wiring (somewhat slow as I have never done it before). Look forward to hearing from you.

I ordered a couple of spare sets just in case of any latecomers, you can have one of those. I’ll put you on the list. 

Ian

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

I've had quite a few 'late comers' requesting one of these kits so I have asked the etchers to increase the order size. If anybody else want to go on the list please pm me.

Ian

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

Just a quick update, I now have the etches. I will get them wrapped ready to pack into the boxes over the next couple of days and I will be contacting those who have requested a kit towards the end of this week.

Ian

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

I have now informed everyone on the list that their kits are ready to send out so if you haven't heard from me you weren't on the list. A few members haven't responded to my messages which is a bit disappointing so it looks like there will be a few spare kits if anybody else wants one.

Ian  

• RMweb Gold

If you have any left, i will take one off your hands Ian. I am just building one of the 2 x Midland 1F's you sold me a while ago. Very nice kit, just a shame my skills wont do it justice!!

Correction. Tad embarressing!! The 1F's were from Dave Basford.... apologies to Ian and Dave!!! I have built two of Ian's excellent Palethorpes sausage van kits though!!

Ian

Edited by ianLMS
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
4 hours ago, MacDuff999 said:

Examined the etch and 'bits' after recieving the kit on Staurday Ian. All to the usual high standard. Do you have any thoughts regarding future NPCS (or similar) projects? 

That's strange, according to my list I haven't sent you a kit. I sent you a pm a couple of weeks ago to which you didn't respond. Can you please pm me with your details so I can check what is going on.

Ian