RMweb

Bachmann Winter Announcements 2022

Chris56057

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Delta_Who said:

If it's not an electrostar... there's nothing in it for me!

An ES1 getting a model before a 377? Embarrassing ;D

I thought a Bulleid 4DD before Electrostar was the ultimate modellers snub.

Edited by adb968008
  • Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Though none of the items causing such offence is coming from Bachmann who, TBF, have been by far the most prolific producers of r-t-r Multiple units up to now.

Rightly or wrongly, the industry seems to consider them beyond the market's comfort zone on price. Even the Swindon Cross Country unit (Class 120) that has been at or near the top of the wish-list surveys for about a decade hasn't yet had a look-in, and that's only a 3-car set. 

I can offer little in the way of a solution to the issue, but we SR steam fans who, in the past were largely forgotten, took to buying at least one of anything Southern that was produced, and it eventually resulted in something of a boom.   Could a similar strategy work for MU fans? No idea, unfortunately.

John

Edited by Dunsignalling
  • Like 3

• RMweb Gold

In the interest of self indulgence, an updated 40 with the same cab window treatment as the 37 and additional underframe detail. Given the likely price, my wallet would be very depleted. A 45/1 as mentioned above would also be good, though it’s easy enough to convert a 45/0. 

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
6 hours ago, Dunsignalling said:

Rightly or wrongly, the industry seems to consider them beyond the market's comfort zone on price. Even the Swindon Cross Country unit (Class 120) that has been at or near the top of the wish-list surveys for about a decade hasn't yet had a look-in, and that's only a 3-car set. 

Hello everyone

John is right...the Class 120 has been in The Top Ten of The 00 Wishlist Poll since 2013. In 2019 (the last Poll to run), it was equal 9th position overall.

It has consistently been the highest polling DMU by a healthy margin.

Brian (on behalf of The 00 Poll Team)

• Like 4
  • Agree 1

My prediction: The Titfield Thunderbolt in TT (note the nice bit of alliteration there...)

Though seriously, the 120 DMU would fit in many folk's wish list. Good geographic spread, green, blue, blue/grey liveries; could also run as 2-car (eg Central Wales). Spent many an hour in those saunas on the comfy seats (and in declassified 1st). Great units.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, surfsup said:

Some new 158s and 150s would be welcome, particularly anything from the FGW Local Lines, Wessex Trains and South West Trains staple. 

More 158s are a must! Although now I've got an ex-EMT one in for TfW colours, I now predict we'll finally get a TfW one. Same goes for 150s...

• Agree 1
  • Funny 2

2 minutes ago, adb968008 said:

There we have the winner…

Its always that way !

😀

Absolutely. Happened a few times for me. Purchased an S Kits RHTT set (fully built etc), then 12hrs later, Hattons announced theirs. I purchased a CMAC 3D printed 175 kit, then before I started building it, Revolution dropped by. I got a TfW 67 painted too before Hornby announced theirs. But at least my colours will be consistent across the fleet as I got a 153 done too. 

• Funny 1

• RMweb Gold
9 hours ago, 97406 said:

In the interest of self indulgence, an updated 40 with the same cab window treatment as the 37 and additional underframe detail. Given the likely price, my wallet would be very depleted. A 45/1 as mentioned above would also be good, though it’s easy enough to convert a 45/0. 

I’d need at least four 🤦🏻‍♂️

Edited by PjKing1

• RMweb Premium

I think you might be expecting a bit much.  Bachmann have actually introduced quite a lot during the year, I don't think it's reasonable to expect a new loco every quarter.   Probably a few more liveries on 37s I would think.

• Agree 2

• RMweb Gold
2 minutes ago, Legend said:

I think you might be expecting a bit much.  Bachmann have actually introduced quite a lot during the year, I don't think it's reasonable to expect a new loco every quarter.   Probably a few more liveries on 37s I would think.

Agreed, though the class 25 must be close, maybe early next year.

ive seen a few class 24 bargains recently, which may or not be an indicator.

Edited by adb968008

12 hours ago, Delta_Who said:

If it's not an electrostar... there's nothing in it for me!

An ES1 getting a model before a 377? Embarrassing ;D

Before an 84 (83, 82, 81) as well? Not to mention an 80. Still, I can see a sort of logic in going for the unusual. Following that logic, we might even get a Lecky 70 before the early AC electrics. Wouldn’t it be wonderful if Bachy started on the early AC electrics? Working pantos and beautiful finish – ahh! Much more interesting than retooled duplicates.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2