Bachmann Winter Announcements 2022

Chris56057

8 minutes ago, adb968008 said:

Agreed, though the class 25 must be close, maybe early next year.

ive seen a few class 24 bargains recently, which may or not be an indicator.

I picked up a sound fitted 24 from TMC for £190 last week in the sale. 

Hopefully the 25 is close. I thought the 40 was in line for chassis speaker upgrades but maybe theyve gone the whole hog and done a totally new model.

My own wishlist is more liveries on the class 20 - a green 37 and hopefully a new tooled 08 seeing as the n gauge one is now available with sound fitted.

They did the jinty sound fitted a few years back but only the one as far as i know so another of them would be welcome

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

A 117 in standard all over BR blue would suit me fine. I’m somewhat puzzled that this has never been done seeing as it was the predominant 1960s/1970s livery. I’d buy one as soon as they are available - now if a class 120 were to be announced then that would take priority over anything else.

Neil 

• Like 1
  • Agree 7
  • Friendly/supportive 1

I'd certainly be up for a Reggie Rail 117, probably the nicest livery they ever carried and with a top class refurbished interior they were a lovely ride on the Cross City when the 323s were doing their impression of Lady Chatterley (being fiddled around with by men in sheds).

Not that I'd turn down a 323 either.

• Agree 2
  • Funny 1

56 minutes ago, LittleRedTrain said:

Class 101 and/or 117 in Regional Railways livery would be nice, to run alongside the new 158 and all those lovely sectorisation-era DMUs from RealTrack.

Would allow me to finally ditch my old Lima versions!

Oh yes, a 101 in Regional Rail livery would be excellent.

18 minutes ago, Steamport Southport said:

No Charles?

Far more interesting in their original state in lined black and has visited.

https://www.festipedia.org.uk/wiki/Charles

Jason

Original condition Ladies (and Charles) would also be lovely. Somehow I doubt they will do multiple versions like that though. There have been a lot of changes to the Ladies in FR service.

24 minutes ago, LNERandBR said:

Original condition Ladies (and Charles) would also be lovely. Somehow I doubt they will do multiple versions like that though. There have been a lot of changes to the Ladies in FR service.

As there have with the numerous varieties of Fairlies that Bachmann have done. Different cabs, etc.

You may as well plan for the differences from the start and do it properly to maximise sales as the earlier versions would go nicely with the Quarry Hunslets rather than just appeal to FR modellers.

Jason

49 minutes ago, wombatofludham said:

I'd certainly be up for a Reggie Rail 117, probably the nicest livery they ever carried and with a top class refurbished interior they were a lovely ride on the Cross City when the 323s were doing their impression of Lady Chatterley (being fiddled around with by men in sheds).

Not that I'd turn down a 323 either.

Ooo, now a Scottish Reggie Rail 117 would be nice come to think of it. And just, just about brings back the faintest of memories for me. 

• RMweb Premium

When Kernow first started the 117, that was later a Bachmann model, it was supposed to be a 116 too.  That would be nice as they were much more widely spread in the BR Blue era 

• Like 1
  • Agree 4

• RMweb Gold

In N gauge, I'd be happy if the forthcoming 24s turned out to be upgraded for sound in the manner of the 4Fs — even if we have to wait longer for the sound-fitted version.

The only thing in OO I'm looking for is a J67/J69 — but I don't expect that from Bachmann, who already have a small LNER tank in the J72, nor from Hornby who don't do small engines (in OO, anyway).

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, D9020 Nimbus said:

In N gauge, I'd be happy if the forthcoming 24s turned out to be upgraded for sound in the manner of the 4Fs — even if we have to wait longer for the sound-fitted version.

The only thing in OO I'm looking for is a J67/J69 — but I don't expect that from Bachmann, who already have a small LNER tank in the J72, nor from Hornby who don't do small engines (in OO, anyway).

No Terriers, Pugs, Pecketts, Sentinels and Rustons then? Two types of each of the last three.

That's at least eight tiny engines they do and all smaller than a J72.

Jason

• Agree 1