Fryers Lane v2.0

Mark Forrest

• RMweb Premium
19 hours ago, 2ManySpams said:

Shocking that some folk think you're leaving things a bit late, trust you won't start the fiddle yard until Friday afternoon. 

😁

Friday!?!? I was thinking if I get all the component parts cut to size we could assemble it on the train to Minehead 

• Craftsmanship/clever 1
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Premium

Pub roof update...

The roof tiles are in Cornwall, the unfinished building is in Staffordshire, I'm in Hertfordshire - and the whole ensemble needs to be in Somerset by 12:30 on Saturday for a trip to the seaside for chips and cider.

What could possibly go wrong?

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 2
  • Funny 4
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
6 hours ago, Mark Forrest said:

Pub roof update...

The roof tiles are in Cornwall, the unfinished building is in Staffordshire, I'm in Hertfordshire - and the whole ensemble needs to be in Somerset by 12:30 on Saturday for a trip to the seaside for chips and cider.

What could possibly go wrong?

Mike.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
24 minutes ago, Stubby47 said:

You should have said you wanted the slates from Cornwall, I could have brought them with me for you to fit Sunday morning.

Cheers Stu, I appreciate the offer.

The slates are in the safe and capable hands of those wonderful people at Royal Mail.  They had made it as far as Wolverhampton by 4:30 this morning so with a bit of luck they'll be at home before I am.  Fingers crossed.

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, Stubby47 said:

You should have said you wanted the slates from Cornwall, I could have brought them with me for you to fit Sunday morning.

and that way claim that it's not been left to the last minute, but is in fact all part of a modelling demonstration, and therefore planned...

• Craftsmanship/clever 1
  • Round of applause 2

• RMweb Gold
2 minutes ago, Nick C said:

and that way claim that it's not been left to the last minute, but is in fact all part of a modelling demonstration, and therefore planned...

Meanwhile, in another corner of the hall, I will be doing exactly that...

• Like 1

On 07/04/2023 at 17:50, Mark Forrest said:

I made the most of the nice weather today by making the lighting beam for the layout.  Luckily, I had a couple of strips of ply in the garage that did the job.

IMG_20230407_161649.jpg.1f459977dbf00834e563aeec7b6178a6.jpg

Having the luxury of a van to shift the layout in meant I could make the beam in one piece rather than having a join in the middle.

As the layout is now longer, I've raised the front fascia slightly, but ensured that it still hides the top edge of the backscene from normal viewing distance.

Love the lighthouse as a view blocker!😆 saw layout once in short form....look forward to seeing in longer format

• Thanks 1
  • Funny 3

• RMweb Premium
On 19/04/2023 at 18:54, Mark Forrest said:

Good point; and besides, I need to get in some practice if I'm going to keep up with 2manypints on Saturday night.

IMG20230419184811.jpg.0caecf85d0d0e6fccdd93f97e1c695a1.jpg

Cheers!

Always a bag of something to the side too I see.

• RMweb Premium

Last few bits to put in the van this morning and I'll be ready to set off.

It's been a while since I've taken a layout to a show, I think last time was May 2019 when the original Fryers Lane appeared at an exhibition in Bloxwich.

Have to say, I'm a bit out of practice and a little nervous that I might have forgotten something!

• Like 3
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
39 minutes ago, Mark Forrest said:

Last few bits to put in the van this morning and I'll be ready to set off.

It's been a while since I've taken a layout to a show, I think last time was May 2019 when the original Fryers Lane appeared at an exhibition in Bloxwich.

Have to say, I'm a bit out of practice and a little nervous that I might have forgotten something!

Fiddle yard???

Mike.

• RMweb Premium
5 minutes ago, Enterprisingwestern said:

Fiddle yard???

Mike.

Mark did say he had a few bits to put in the van, suspect Fiddle yard is one of those things, once he’s finished it’s legs?  Or wiring up?  Maybe a lick of paint?  

Mind you, mess around with details like that, what’s he going to do when he gets there?

Well other than eat chips.

Andy

• Funny 1