Fryers Lane v2.0

Mark Forrest

• RMweb Premium

What I want to know is how long it took you to get all the mud out of the back of the van prior to loading it. I can’t imagine the trails near Barmouth were dry…

• Funny 1

• RMweb Premium
3 minutes ago, Jason T said:

What I want to know is how long it took you to get all the mud out of the back of the van prior to loading it. I can’t imagine the trails near Barmouth were dry…

I remember the Stafford Railway Circle being offered a layout for parts.  The owner was moving the next morning and if we didn’t want it, the owner was taking it to the tip first thing the next morning.  Without notice there was only one way available to the club of moving the layout and tha was a members cattle truck.  That evening I went to the farm to find our club member emptying water out of the light fittings on the trailer.  I’m not sure they work, we don’t use it at night.  Then he lay a tarpaulin over 18 inches depth of cow manure and straw!  I don’t even think much was recoverable from the layout.

Some one once asked him what the difference is between a horse trailer and a cattle trailer, he said, about 2 or 3 feet.

Andy

• Funny 4

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, Jason T said:

When I unlocked the van this morning I was pleasantly surprised that the usual aroma of mud, chain lube and sweaty cyclist has gone; replaced by the smell of hairspray and wet paint!

I've left the pressure washer in the van, so we can give the layout a good hose down before taking it into the show.

• Like 2
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Premium

Don’t forget the unmistakable stench of sheep poo and a sweaty sock that has managed to conceal itself somewhere you can’t find it.

My car has a magical aroma all of its own that no air freshener could combat.

And then there’s the stains; with me crashing my bike so often (I struggled to recall the last ride I did when I didn’t crash), the stains are occasionally blood 😃

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

1 hour ago, Mark Forrest said:

More important exhibition preparation at the Plough Inn.

IMG_20230422_210057.jpg.97417ebf296af003e1887b4d1de7b150.jpg

IMG20230422221319.jpg.e3aefdf1372809e4273d76aaa891c663.jpg

Is that a bud light?

Not had beer tonight ....now thirsty!

Got to get beers quick as independent brewery's in uk dropping like flys .   

Edited by bradfordbuffer

• RMweb Premium
7 hours ago, bradfordbuffer said:

Is that a bud light?

Not had beer tonight ....now thirsty!

Got to get beers quick as independent brewery's in uk dropping like flys .   

Bud Light? No chance!

If I remember correctly it was Where's Polly from Parkway Brewing Company in Somerton.

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, 2ManySpams said:

IMG_20230423_090758_1.jpg.cd3922b9023ab0c4b92c1ef71435fba2.jpg

Caught red handed, not sure what for, but looks guilty.

Finishing touches. Nothing to see here.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

I've enjoyed following this thread, seeing the great modelling and you working towards a deadline right up to the wire, and then having fun at the exhibition

It makes a refreshing change from people going on and on about a sound function on their latest loco, as if their life depended on it

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 23/04/2023 at 14:44, 2ManySpams said:

Well, if Mark leaves me in charge what does he expect?

IMG_20230423_132402_1.jpg.b92de37f461d72858bf198eb7fccb5f9.jpg

looks like a zontar deltic calendar photo shoot....ohhherrrr, no link as naughty but search will bring it up::: layout looks well, any new bookings for shows....where has lighthouse gone?

• Funny 1

• RMweb Premium
9 hours ago, bradfordbuffer said:

looks like a zontar deltic calendar photo shoot....ohhherrrr, no link as naughty but search will bring it up::: layout looks well, any new bookings for shows....where has lighthouse gone?

Thanks.  No further show bookings received at SWAG, but I do need to provide some info on the layout to an exhibition manager I spoke to a few weeks ago who requested some info for a show (that I'd very much like to do) in 2025.

Funnily enough @2ManySpams decided that the rear siding should lead to a docks/harbour so maybe the lighthouse needs to make a comeback!

• Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1