RMweb

The Festival of British Railway Modelling 2023!

Debbiewood

• Moderators
1 minute ago, Jenny Emily said:

Both layouts I’m bringing are loaded and in the hastily borrowed van. I’m aiming to be there for 8am then a mad dash to set up two layouts. 

We're very appreciative of you putting yourself out at such short notice Jenny and hope you have a good weekend. 

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
46 minutes ago, RedgateModels said:

Booo!

yep, cancelled, thankfully just before I set off from crewe to Doncaster in the hire car, not worth the 200 mile round trip now unfortunately, going to have to spend the day (and show spending  money) looking for a new washing machine instead! 

• Friendly/supportive 8

• RMweb Gold

Hopefully, picking up the grandsons later and bringing them along. Missed it last year, despite having a ticket, due to the foul weather on the Sunday. The glorious Saturday I’d spent in a Board meeting in Derby.

• Friendly/supportive 1

10 hours ago, big jim said:

yep, cancelled, thankfully just before I set off from crewe to Doncaster in the hire car, not worth the 200 mile round trip now unfortunately, going to have to spend the day (and show spending  money) looking for a new washing machine instead! 

I see you still made it 

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold

Made it today in the end, job was cancelled but got a phone call at 02:30 asking me to do a job from toton so managed to get back to my car and head to donny as planned

got there for 09:10 only to be greeted by the pre payed queue snaking round the carpark, thought I’d be there for a while but the doors opened at 09:30 and i was inside by 09:38 

had a quick scooch round, first stop @charliepetty for one of his returns 144 units (just missed out in the only ATW one he had on the stall by a minute!) then a look round the stalls, anoraks anonymous was almost like the old ‘Bachmann scrum’ given their keenly priced locos, could have bought loads there had I had more money to burn! 

a brief look at the layouts before it got too busy, I was on my way home by 11:00, would have stayed a lot longer but I had to get home to buy a new washing machine! Quick chat with @ELTELand @mark axlecounter  sorry I didn’t spot you @mozzer models had my blinkers on! 

despite the brief visit it was a positive experience, well organised from the parking to the entrance arrangements and plenty of room inside although the back wall (hereford model centre side) did get quite deep with people at one point but nothing uncomfortable 

Edited by big jim
  • Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Best view at the show?

2144C431-A53C-416D-9782-D971C3AFF351.jpeg.1bd8b6f674ab15d570a4f324d7d87840.jpeg

Spent loads of holidays at Harlyn Bay over the years. Love this spin on a real location 😁

Got to say I spent most of the day chatting. So good to catch up with the BRM gang and those I bumped into unexpectedly.

Had a thoroughly great day. All the better for by being so unexpected 🚂🚂🚂🚂🚂🚂🚂🚂

Great layouts and trade support. Had a full day and really enjoyed it. Very odd that hardly any locomotive / rolling stock manufacturers were in attendance though. Only KR models from memory. No Bachmann, Hornby, Dapol, Heljan, Accurascale, Cavalex. What’s the story there?

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
Just now, FranksLad said:

Great layouts and trade support. Had a full day and really enjoyed it. Very odd that hardly any locomotive / rolling stock manufacturers were in attendance though. Only KR models from memory. No Bachmann, Hornby, Dapol, Heljan, Accurascale, Cavalex. What’s the story there?

Don’t think they have ever attended this one from memory, more stranger was the absence of some big Box sellers especially Rails. Enjoyed it but why do people have to invade your space I really think more people need specs 🤓 

14 minutes ago, FranksLad said:

We ‘Planet Industrials’ are here too, but yes, other than KR I’ve not seen any others. 
It has been a really busy day, with lots of interest in Victory, our kit range as well as the layouts I’m exhibiting. Good to meet so many faces today, hope to meet some more of you tomorrow!

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
11 minutes ago, younGGuns7 said:

Don’t think they have ever attended this one from memory, more stranger was the absence of some big Box sellers especially Rails. Enjoyed it but why do people have to invade your space I really think more people need specs 🤓 

So where have you been all these years  ? I’m afraid congestion goes with the territory,like it or not.And  without the big hitters ? Well maybe all  the better  for  smaller outfits to show their products. I had a productive conversation with the two gents marketing the rather refined Kerr Stuart industrial 0-6-0 so no problem there. It occupied me happily from 10:30 until 14:30. 

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
Just now, Ian Hargrave said:

So where have you been all these years  ? I’m afraid congestion goes with the territory,like it or not.And  without the big hitters ? Well maybe all  the better  for  smaller outfits to show their products. I had a productive conversation with the two gents marketing the rather refined Kerr Stuart industrial 0-6-0 so no problem there. It occupied me happily from 10:30 until 14:30. 

Snap ……see Pi. 😇

1 hour ago, Ian Hargrave said:

…. I had a productive conversation with the two gents marketing the rather refined Kerr Stuart industrial 0-6-0 so no problem there. It occupied me happily from 10:30 until 14:30. 

You talked to them for four hours?…

• Round of applause 1
  • Funny 1