Class 50, By Accurascale

11 hours ago, Hilux5972 said:

Got my order in. Figured I’d splash out for the sound versions. Why not lol

68EE198C-D102-41E1-94E6-0193A4B960BB.jpeg

Posh model eh? Sure you will be delighted, if they are as good as the Hornby Magazine samples of the Class 37.

Cannot wait to hear the samples (wonder when that will be???).  While I know you will need a cold start - please, please, please and pretty please make sure that the locomotives engine is well and truly at operating temperature before the rest of the sounds are done.  Otherwise it will be coughing as if its been on 60 Marlborough a day! *

*Although with driver's back in the day, they probably did! 

• Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Funny 1

Would any class 50 experts out there advise when the MU jumpers were fitted to the last D400s to traffic please ?   I would like a D numbered example to go with my late 1960s / early 1970s theme and the only offer for me is D423 which is minus it's jumpers.  Unless of course Accurascale are considering supplying them as a separate part.  This does suggest though that D423 will be the only model of the announced batch minus jumper sockets, so maybe will require a separate tooling.   Or might it be that the baseplates the jumper sockets are fixed to are separate part  possibly locating in a hole in the moulding. 

Still really holding out for a D444 in two tone green as my preference. Go on Fran, you know you should !!!!  How many purple deltics have you sold ?    

• Like 2

I'm pretty sure the non MU fitted fifties had the jumpers fitted by the end of 1969 and early 1970, although D400 was delivered with them fitted, and I seem to recall Fran saying the jumpers were included in D423's detail bag if you wanted to fit them, as I'm tempted to get one and renumber it for a 1975 TOPS plus headcode version.

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, wombatofludham said:

I'm pretty sure the non MU fitted fifties had the jumpers fitted by the end of 1969 and early 1970, although D400 was delivered with them fitted, and I seem to recall Fran saying the jumpers were included in D423's detail bag if you wanted to fit them, as I'm tempted to get one and renumber it for a 1975 TOPS plus headcode version.

Agreed. 401 also had them from new. All of them were fitted for the start of the new May 1970 timetable.

• Thanks 1

On 10/02/2023 at 09:02, Torbay Express said:

Posh model eh? Sure you will be delighted, if they are as good as the Hornby Magazine samples of the Class 37.

Cannot wait to hear the samples (wonder when that will be???).  While I know you will need a cold start - please, please, please and pretty please make sure that the locomotives engine is well and truly at operating temperature before the rest of the sounds are done.  Otherwise it will be coughing as if its been on 60 Marlborough a day! *

*Although with driver's back in the day, they probably did! 

Marlborough ? Must be a fairly posh smoke for ladies what lunch 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium
22 minutes ago, Hilux5972 said:

Posted to Rails Facebook page. 

That looks like the original 1980s Large Logo livery post refurbishment and before cantrail stripes, odd coloured roofs etc., so I’m somewhat surprised it’s being produced as a (more) limited edition. I’d have thought it merited a standard production version.

I’m impressed with the (non) lining up of the numbers. The last 0 was slightly too high/big when ex-works, although I’m not sure about the 2 from the angle of the photo.

12/03/1981 - York.

Edited by brushman47544
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

13 minutes ago, Markn said:

So if its pre refurb that makes it July 1978-81? Looks good.

None wore Large Logo Blue pre refurb, and the 1st 6 left Doncaster Works after refurb in 'standard' BR Blue, 50023 being the first in Large Logo Blue and the rest followed in LLB

Edited by LaGrange
  • Like 1
  • Agree 2

• RMweb Gold
1 minute ago, Markn said:

Thanks! So march 81 until ?

Until it got an orange cantrail stripe but I am not sure when that was.

Flickr is your friend to find out but someone may know.

Edited by BR Blue
Flickr comment added

21 minutes ago, BR Blue said:

Until it got an orange cantrail stripe but I am not sure when that was.

Flickr is your friend to find out but someone may know.

Seems to be sometime in 86?

• RMweb Premium

LL to cantrail stripe would be roughly 78 to 86, I think, though in the early years few locos would have had it, so 81 to 86 sounds about right for this. I will have to see about a pre-order.

• Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium
On 03/03/2023 at 16:22, Hilux5972 said:

Posted to Rails Facebook page. 

8817AE0A-B33F-4B31-BE90-BBBE3B196AEC.jpeg

Well that my Rodney aversion dealt with, sweet Revenge!

Edited by reddragon
spelling

1 hour ago, Ian J. said:

LL to cantrail stripe would be roughly 78 to 86, I think, though in the early years few locos would have had it, so 81 to 86 sounds about right for this. I will have to see about a pre-order.

A quick Flickr search would suggest it gained an orange cantrail stripe sometime between March 1986 and October 1986