Dapol OO 'Air Ministry' 14T tank wagons

gwrrob

28 minutes ago, SteamingWales said:

Wondering how easy these will be to renumber ......

For silver SHELL BP tankers, see Sheet BL15 at the Cambridge Custom Transfers website.

You'll also find sheets covering other renditions of the ex-Air Ministry tank wagons

John Isherwood,

Cambridge Custom Transfers.

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, cctransuk said:

For silver SHELL BP tankers, see Sheet BL15 at the Cambridge Custom Transfers website.

You'll also find sheets covering other renditions of the ex-Air Ministry tank wagons

John Isherwood,

Cambridge Custom Transfers.

Thanks 😁 should have known to check your site first as you do transfers for LITERALLY everything!!!!

On 05/12/2023 at 14:37, GreenGiraffe22 said:

I've been trying my best to follow the livery discussion on here and got thoroughly confused, so have we established if any are suitable for pre 1947? 😅 

Further to notes twelve days ago, the Shell-BP- and Esso class B conversions all have ladders which didn't appear 'til a little later ....... but whether they're depicted as early conversions with ladders added subsequently or later conversions with ladders from new, I can't say. The Esso Class A has no ladder so is probably an early repaint from wartime grey.

• Informative/Useful 1

3 hours ago, Wickham Green too said:

Further to notes twelve days ago, the Shell-BP- and Esso class B conversions all have ladders which didn't appear 'til a little later ....... but whether they're depicted as early conversions with ladders added subsequently or later conversions with ladders from new, I can't say. The Esso Class A has no ladder so is probably an early repaint from wartime grey.

Do you know when the ladders were added? All of the black (class B) liveries have them, so that presumably means they're all apropriate from the time that ladders were added, but not before.

The Modellers' Backtrack article implies that ladders were fitted progressively during the 1960s*. At the same time, the Shell & Shell/BP tanks would have gained catwalks in place of two little platforms - and the hyphens either side of BP on the class B tanks would have disappeared by this time. I feel that the Shell/BP class B tank style would probably be appropriate for 1947 to the mid '50s - and the Esso class B probably a little longer - if the ladders are removed ( though I don't know when these specific vehicles entered oil company service ).

* though Esso class A No.3060 may have gained a ladder in 1955 ( photo in Petroleum Tank Wagons )

• Informative/Useful 1

• 2 months later...
  • RMweb Gold

A bump for this thread to mention that according to their advert in the April issue of BRM, these are arriving soon. It's a shame they're not at Ally Pally to ask more in person.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 2
  • Round of applause 1

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Gold
On 15/03/2024 at 16:45, gwrrob said:

A bump for this thread to mention that according to their advert in the April issue of BRM, these are arriving soon. It's a shame they're not at Ally Pally to ask more in person.

According to Rail's we might see these in a May/June release.

https://railsofsheffield.com/collections/Dapol-oo-gauge-may-june-new-releases?fbclid=IwZXh0bgNhZW0CMTAAAR1YhN5bnJCdtd0gARPplbDfmdDAfzDt3xkzBzOqwfprW03Wgnx4GoWlWsw_aem_AXz6jUp4x89Qm1NMj5U-LcHuPy-u3edsOuKZTXZm3SJERqquA8vJSO6FzsdE5eMtVhIv6_w8DPOVU4bejOjKRQOv&utm_campaign=dapoloomayjune&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1