21” diameter Micro 00

Posted (edited)

Made a zebra crossing out of vinyl tape, not sure on that yet, but the Belisha beacons I’ve had in a box for over a year are in! Also some railing. 

IMG_4476.jpeg

IMG_4474.jpeg

IMG_4470.jpeg

IMG_4475.jpeg

Edited by RailwayLacky
  • Like 10
  • Friendly/supportive 1

A lovely build to which you set your own picture. To me it's 8.40, midweek and behind the shop doors staff are getting ready for another busy day. Passing cars are largely the solicitors and accountants getting ready for an 8.55 open up.  Love this layout, thanks for sharing.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

I really like the way there is so much going on beyond the railway fence. Many layouts are just railway and not much else but this packs plenty of interest into a small space. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

I got these street lamps at while back, not sure why I chose them as not a fan of the chrome, I stuck a row of them to a piece of wood using foam tape so the lenses were masked, then blasted them with grey etch primer, for a concrete look.

also snipped the ball off the top :)

IMG_4479.jpeg

IMG_4481.jpeg

IMG_4482.jpeg

Edited by RailwayLacky
  • Like 12

• 3 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

Spent a few hours wiring lights!

now to work on each building blocking unwanted lightbleed! The station roof is glowing! 😀 the bulbs are just shoved in right now, currently googling the best way to block out light, don't want to paint them inside so some sort of black card perhaps?

IMG_4580.jpeg

IMG_4582.jpeg

IMG_4588.jpeg

IMG_4589.jpeg

IMG_4587.jpeg

IMG_4587.jpeg

Edited by RailwayLacky
  • Like 14
  • Round of applause 1

• 4 weeks later...
14 hours ago, sleepyrider said:

Hard to believe this is such a small layout, it looks great!

thanks, just as an update Ive been putting off painting the buildings but will get to it soon, I've installed some voltage regulators for the led's to dim them some more.

as soon as I hit a mental block with my other layout ill jump back on this! as i need to get the factory area sorted at the far end.

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

This is, indeed, inspirational! Brilliant work.😊As far a light leakage is concerned I use so-called light boxes on my model buildings. I used to buy packs of them by Viessmann - but they are easy to make out of black or dark grey thick-ish poly sheet or even small plastic packaging for medicines etc. The window is glazed and decorated with curtains and then the light box containing an LED with a fairly meaty resistor is glued on from the back. The effect is great!

ViessmannLightBoxes.jpg.53653bc7eb4f88a15645ea3e53742370.jpgReihebeleuchtet.jpg.f5580e7b91962095d313eaebcc86047c.jpgIlseundElke.jpg.97ad4d4abbf695edee6a697c775bb8a6.jpg

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1