21” diameter Micro 00

Substitute a 25 for the Hymek, it would definitely have the feel of a West Mids backwater in the late 1970's early 1980's :) Mindyou, the shot you posted recently with the Hymek and 03 put me in mind of the preserved East Lancs around Bury, so even with a small layout you're able to have a wide variety of possible settings!

I'm so glad you're posting again, I really like this layout; shows you can have a fun, characterful continuous-run 00 layout in a tight space :)

• Agree 2
  • Thanks 1

On 26/01/2024 at 11:36, sleepyrider said:

Great to see another post on this layout, really enjoyed it on here and YouTube. I did wonder if the Hornby 110 DMU would run round these curves, looks like the answer is yes!

Don't suppose you've tried one of the new Hornby Terriers round there? The old ones are fine, nice deep flanges and lots of sideplay, but the new versions look like they might be a bit fussier.

hi sleepyrider, a bit late replying but can confirm a terrier goes round fine! it is an older model also not the newer one. but a nice little addition

Thanks for that. In the meantime I'd taken a punt on a new one, the IWCR train pack. I'm happy (relieved!) to say the whole set runs on these Fleischman 250mm, around 10 inch, radius curves. The Terrier's fine, the coaches groan a little but are ok.

PXL_20240219_220220288~2.jpg

• Like 10
  • Round of applause 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 19/02/2024 at 22:15, sleepyrider said:

Thanks for that. In the meantime I'd taken a punt on a new one, the IWCR train pack. I'm happy (relieved!) to say the whole set runs on these Fleischman 250mm, around 10 inch, radius curves. The Terrier's fine, the coaches groan a little but are ok.

yes i tried a 4 wheel coach and noticed the noise, but it sort of sounded realistic :) welcome to the small radius club!

T

16 hours ago, RailwayLacky said:

welcome to the small radius club!

Thanks! I will start a thread for it once I settle on a track plan. Re the four wheel coaches, one big advantage is that they look far better on the curves than bogie stock

• Like 2

I hadn't looked at this thread until just this morning - and I'm so glad I did.
The layout is looking great. You've got such a lot going on, in a small area, and your use of buildings, blended with backscene and other details really sets the layout off nicely. Looking better all the time :) 

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)

hour or so later! finally the other side of the layout getting some love.

weathering need a bit more work! the warning sign comes from the superquick road bridge.

IMG_3854.jpeg

need to source a tunnel picture to place behind to give depth

IMG_3855.jpeg

Edited by RailwayLacky
  • Like 8
  • Agree 1

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, DarthHelix said:

Looking good

What did you use to weather the bridge?

its a mix i made from games workshop paint set i got for Xmas, and another set that was different colour washes.

just build up in layers really, then use some humbrol weathering powders to blend in

Edited by RailwayLacky

14 hours ago, RailwayLacky said:

need to source a tunnel picture to place behind to give depth

IMG_3855.jpeg

And a 00 scale Wiley Coyote figure painting it on? :)

• Funny 4

On 30/01/2023 at 21:16, RailwayLacky said:

starting to build up the next level now so getting all my Bachman shops (bank is Hornby)  out which have been in storage for 7 years! They were planned for the previous layout but may stay on here. 

the whol earea infront of the station will be entrance to station and car park.

image.jpg

image.jpg

The Lam and Flag, are Eddie and Richie in the there with the holiday money? 

• 4 weeks later...

Small update! I’ve been putting this off for a long time but am now adding the paving slab by slab. I have also modified my class 43 hst and 110 dmu with txs sound, will sort a video soon!

image.jpg

• Like 12

• 2 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

Small update! mainly because i started another layout!! see sig for details!

Still weighing up the factory end. in the 2nd image below, i like the look of the "Frys" and "Importers" buildings, but with a low relief factory Infront? not sure. what do you all think? 🤔

IMG_4405.jpeg

pavement laid all the way across the layout now. parking space provided for the accountant, park their at your peril!

IMG_4404.jpeg

so the goods shed has been replaced with this one, the Wills craftsmen shed, a step before scratch building they say, quite an enjoyable build. this one is a little more modern than the last and in keeping with the 60's 70's era of this layout.

The old goods shed is now on my new shelf layout, Westwells Halt.

IMG_4403.jpeg

Edited by RailwayLacky
  • Like 6

• 2 weeks later...

Big updates over the weekend! Managed to finish the path slabs (took ages!) painted and positioned the rest of the railings along the paths.

Flocked the embankment added some greenery and gave the road a repaint with a lighter grey. Also painted the surrounding walls for the factory area, just weathering them up now.

will hopefully get some shots tomorrow with everything back in place when the paint has dried.

IMG_4448.jpeg

IMG_4447.jpeg

IMG_4449.jpeg

Edited by RailwayLacky