21” diameter Micro 00

With the tightly curving line, and above-track station, it's reminding more and more of the old pre-90's rebuild Langley Green Station in Oldbury. It was my local station up until I was about 6, and I still have family living down that way.

Slightly run down, brick building, scruffy platforms... occasionally a blue 25 or similar squealling around the curves with chemical tanks for Albright and Wilsons :) There's some pics if you do a google image search. The modern station is nice, if a little too clean and soulless, though at least it's still staffed.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 21/01/2023 at 15:57, Ben B said:

With the tightly curving line, and above-track station, it's reminding more and more of the old pre-90's rebuild Langley Green Station in Oldbury. It was my local station up until I was about 6, and I still have family living down that way.

Slightly run down, brick building, scruffy platforms... occasionally a blue 25 or similar squealling around the curves with chemical tanks for Albright and Wilsons :) There's some pics if you do a google image search. The modern station is nice, if a little too clean and soulless, though at least it's still staffed.

thanks ben, yes i see what you mean, some good images there!

we now have a scale speed running class 35 hymek, the decoder and stay alive cost more than the loco! i may see if i can get a Bachmann or somthing a bit more scale to go round and transfer the electronics to that instead

Edited by RailwayLacky
  • Like 6

Decided to upgrade the steps paper stone printed card.with embossed brick sheet and weathered it, also re arranged things a bit and placed some trial bushes to hide gaps.

seems better this way for some reason, passengers still rain free and it brings things closer together as quite a small platform.

1BF2E8CE-38E8-4298-A468-4B3A4E6F5D3F.jpeg

B20EB32E-77B4-4FA8-8223-0FDC43FCA05C.jpeg

A2B2F0B7-D851-469F-97E6-A0BBA8C0ACAC.jpeg

Edited by RailwayLacky
  • Like 9

a small video today running the Dapol 4s 0-4-0  the smoothest quietest runner i have, after i painstakingly painted the platform waiting room and the canopy in GWR brown and cream. this is my attempt to make it at least slightly regional to where i live ...

339E3BC5-FB76-45F4-B133-08F12D9F0A15.jpeg

A997F2E3-F54E-4B01-ADBB-2C20FEF5AAE5.jpeg

F1457F10-3D27-417F-8690-0106F7B146E0.jpeg

Edited by RailwayLacky
  • Like 10

starting to build up the next level now so getting all my Bachman shops (bank is Hornby)  out which have been in storage for 7 years! They were planned for the previous layout but may stay on here. 

the whol earea infront of the station will be entrance to station and car park.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Edited by RailwayLacky
  • Like 6

• RMweb Gold

Great stuff, enjoyed the video thanks. I really love how you’ve managed to combine the appeal of a roundy-roundy with attractive staging and scenics in such a small space. Had I seen this two years ago before I built my boxfile layout I’d definitely have ripped it off taken inspiration! ;) 

• Like 2
  • Agree 2
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Andrew D said:

Great stuff, enjoyed the video thanks. I really love how you’ve managed to combine the appeal of a roundy-roundy with attractive staging and scenics in such a small space. Had I seen this two years ago before I built my boxfile layout I’d definitely have ripped it off taken inspiration! ;) 

thanks Andrew! currently playing around with pavements!

• Like 1

Just a quick image to show how I am building up the embankment and the wall at the top, only mocked up again but some more brick weathering and bushes etc to come in this area, also need a small pavement this side of the road.

1FA3900D-E022-4670-AF1A-42D73958310F.jpeg

Edited by RailwayLacky
  • Like 2

Not much progress apart from the other end of the layout has been built up to road level, struggling a bit with the Bachman buildings, as although they are fantastic models they just don’t look right, high streets especially with a cinema are much more grandious a bit like the metcalfe models offer. I do have the metcalfe models, I may build them up for a comparison.

or it may just be i'm aiming to high, ditch the cinema perhaps and just  keep the shops local, hmm

90A169B0-FC24-4C6B-8B97-33205C39F817.jpeg

1BC67458-5E66-417B-AEA7-6F25A39E7C8F.jpeg

Edited by RailwayLacky
  • Like 1

managed to get a intercity 125 working on the layout, loads of fun restoring this and converted to dcc, i need to get one of those light upgrades and a intercity coach.

had to mod the railway a little bit, shaved a bit off the platform edge which will need touching up. and carving a couple of areas in the tunnel.

i have for now took the cinema away and have a factory front coming, will post pictures up when i recieve it and my plans for the other end of the layout.

heres a video of the 125, excuse the mess, the layout is a bombsite right now! 

Edited by RailwayLacky
  • Like 4

• 1 month later...

Hi all, not had much time this month and i am on my 3rd attempt at a pavement! i have made a backboard whereas i soon realised i should have had that to start with, so the existing pavement which had a slight curve didn't look right when the buildings were flat against the back board! ill have some pics up soon as soon as i have laid the pavement down as the whole layout is a tip because of it!..

in the meantime i got one of those new Hornby DCC HM700 TXS decoders, well 2 actually, i have put one in my J94 and here is a video below, also finally got a hymek (china version) with the better detail, ill do a video on that next!

I took this video in the only area currently that doesn't have junk on it! (i also had to hunt for the roof of the signal box as it was left open to wire lights, which i also haven't got round to yet!)

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold
On 04/04/2023 at 22:46, RailwayLacky said:

Hi all, not had much time this month and i am on my 3rd attempt at a pavement! i have made a backboard whereas i soon realised i should have had that to start with, so the existing pavement which had a slight curve didn't look right when the buildings were flat against the back board! ill have some pics up soon as soon as i have laid the pavement down as the whole layout is a tip because of it!..

in the meantime i got one of those new Hornby DCC HM700 TXS decoders, well 2 actually, i have put one in my J94 and here is a video below, also finally got a hymek (china version) with the better detail, ill do a video on that next!

I took this video in the only area currently that doesn't have junk on it! (i also had to hunt for the roof of the signal box as it was left open to wire lights, which i also haven't got round to yet!)

very nice, do you have any photos of the installation? I have a modified Hornby J94 with a different tank set up so I'd be interested to see how the electronics fit before taking the plunge as mine may have to be a bit different

Also which of the HM7000 sound files did you use?

• 9 months later...

Great to see another post on this layout, really enjoyed it on here and YouTube. I did wonder if the Hornby 110 DMU would run round these curves, looks like the answer is yes!

Don't suppose you've tried one of the new Hornby Terriers round there? The old ones are fine, nice deep flanges and lots of sideplay, but the new versions look like they might be a bit fussier.

• Like 1