21” diameter Micro 00

• RMweb Premium
12 hours ago, RailwayLacky said:

Will hopefully have some updates to this thread soon! lost my mojo with it but am starting to get it back! here's a recent pic :)

Don't worry, it's not just you! Enthusiasm for my little layout, party inspired by yours, also vanished into thin air a while back. Thankfully though, it's been hovering around a bit recently, so I'm expecting it to land again quite soon.

Looking forward to your updates on this great little layout in due course 👍

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

I’m another fan of this layout who is glad that you have your mojo back. Mine disappeared for over a year but it’s also meandering its way back. Looking forward to more updates and videos 👍

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
On 26/01/2024 at 22:36, RailwayLacky said:

Thanks all!  more images from a few different areas, its all a bit dusty!

thumbnail_IMG_3606.jpg

Like the alternative reality.

An Atlantean in GWR Shirtbutton livery

GWR Lives!

Was that a heritage livery on the bus?

Like the Birmingham City Transport liveried Wrightbus

twm4651.220301.jpg.2e62497ae577aaa0de1a0aa0fd4a1fe1.jpg

• Like 3

i hate to say it but i've removed the Metcalfe buildings 🙃 they seem HO size on this layout, swapped them back for Bachmann ones, costly but still trying to find the required look, i had previously sold all of the Bachmann buildings!!! not to but some back 🥴

currently playing with backdrops, ill put a blue sky all over then add cut out street scenes, seen some do this to great effect and enjoying all the different looks i can acheive.

this pub is the best model ive had yet from Bachmann yet!

thumbnail_IMG_3676.jpg

Edited by RailwayLacky
  • Like 10

Ouch - that does seem pricey - but the 'frosted glass' patterned windows look well. Overall, it seems to have more 'presence' than card kits, which I guess it what you were after.

I wonder why Bachmann chose to use an 'Inn Business' branding rather than a more traditional brewery? I guess it makes it less geographically specific, but does seem to set the establishment in a specific time frame, perhaps a little later than your layout. Were there alternative signs provided?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Dunalastair said:

Ouch - that does seem pricey - but the 'frosted glass' patterned windows look well. Overall, it seems to have more 'presence' than card kits, which I guess it what you were after.

I wonder why Bachmann chose to use an 'Inn Business' branding rather than a more traditional brewery? I guess it makes it less geographically specific, but does seem to set the establishment in a specific time frame, perhaps a little later than your layout. Were there alternative signs provided?

no i don't think so, will have to check the box! the era is very loose on this layout, mainly 60's to 80's depends what trains i'm running! its more just a train set with all the things i like on it :)

• Like 1

so i bought this butchers shop off Ebay with completely missing awning? :)

I'm currently creating a new one out of plasticard, wish me luck!

(i also need a new cutting board i know!!!) :)

thumbnail_IMG_3715.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_3714.jpg

the aim!

thumbnail_IMG_3716.jpg

Edited by RailwayLacky
  • Like 8

21 minutes ago, Little Jeeem said:

Good luck! Not that you really need it, as the awning seems to be coming along very nicely. Although if it's already fixed in place, painting maybe a bit of a challenge?

Just mocked up there, will definitely have to paint it off :) i have some fine masking tape somewhere masking with a thin coat of lacquer will stop the paint running, that's the plan anyway!

• Like 1

still working on the Butchers shop, but in the meantime i have got all 3 cars on an old 110 DMU running happily around. some dremel work was needed on the bogies to maximise the rotation.

Edited by RailwayLacky
  • Like 7

still weighing things up. today i applied the background (peco) ive been putting it off for ages i used the backscene adhesive too, cost a pretty penny but im not a fan of the outcome. i should have just got some sky blue paint really :)

ill come back to this, its nice to have some sort of background at last, even if this one wont stay, OK for now

Moving things about, trying to get a look, pretty sure i am set on the building placement now. i need to sort the paving out too. whats there now is being used as a template to have another go with the Metcalfe paving kit.

thumbnail_IMG_3761.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_3760.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_3763.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_3757.jpg

Edited by RailwayLacky
  • Like 8
  • Friendly/supportive 1

Great work, I'm really enjoying this layout and I like the way you are prepared to change things around in order to make improvements. For such a small layout it has many inspirational view points and is a great reminder that railway modelling is supposed to be fun.

• Like 5