Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Formula 1 2023

didcot

Re the lucky teddy .it was given to her by Lando so seems to work .Lando ,Louis Sharp ..etc .Maybe she should sell it Lance Knoll.Even weirder the kids gave my Son in law  a lucky few trinkets  he keeps in his pocket including my  Dart Castings horse I  gave them as they like my little animals .Can the mojo ever end ...

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Hroth said:

Oops......

Who'd have expected that?

The real surprise is that it didn’t happen sooner….

Can we never go back here - too hot for the tyres, too hot for the drivers…

Someone put Perez out of his misery please. 

Edited by OnTheBranchline
  • Like 3
  • Agree 5

1 hour ago, OnTheBranchline said:

The real surprise is that it didn’t happen sooner….

Can we never go back here - too hot for the tyres, too hot for the drivers…

Someone put Perez out of his misery please. 

Haven't they just signed a 10 year deal for this place?

I understand the problem they had with the tyres but it was difficult to know who was racing who until 5 laps before the end. For that reason, it was not the most exciting of races.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• RMweb Gold

Saudi Arabia (in particular) is one of a number of countries in the region investing massively in post oil economy mega cities which are allegedly going to be fully sustainable etc.  Part of the sustainability equation is attracting people to want to live there and that includes providing the sport and leisure facilities that they expect these people to crave.  This includes, soccer, golf (LIV), F1 and other “sports washing”.  Whether this investment will bear fruit in the light of climate change, the attitude of those in power to basic human rights and their intolerance of any kind of dissent remains to be seen.   The uber wealthy generally don’t care about these issues so they will probably buy in, and these cities will need a vast slave labour force to keep them running.

Darius

• Like 2
  • Agree 5
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

21 hours ago, friscopete said:

same here BBC but listen on puter radio 5 live .

I usually have the BBC sport websites on the tv with the commentary 

had to check which Brundle was commentating as he sounded just like his Dad

• Agree 2

• RMweb Gold
On 09/10/2023 at 07:45, Darius43 said:

The uber wealthy generally don’t care about these issues so they will probably buy in, and these cities will need a vast slave labour force to keep them running.

Few people become rich by being over-endowed w humanitarian compassion, although some then turn philanthropist, which they can well-afford. 

• Agree 3

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, Hobby said:

Good result for the HMRC, I bet they wish all of their investigation made that amount!

It’s a cost-benefit analysis calculation for HMRC - better to get the most value with revenue per dollar spent rather than spending all of your resources to try to get everything.

Edited by OnTheBranchline
  • Like 1

On 12/10/2023 at 12:01, PaulRhB said:

You owe £653m in tax and are about to be sentenced, what are the odds you don’t go to jail . . . 
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-67088503

I think the surprise would be if he was even given community service!

Perhaps he will do a few weeks as a voluntary tax adviser for the CAB?

• Funny 2

I really hope the FIA prevail if there is a civil war between FIA & FOM. I intensely, thoroughly dislike the direction the ‘sport’ has taken, and disagree on a fundamental level with almost every new rule change or regulation.

Having said that, this increase in maximum fines is purely an FIA decision, nothing to do with FOM, but I do think Mr bin Sulayem is talking sense when he says he’d like to see more teams and fewer races in the future, as well as his push to get the Andretti team on the grid.

• Like 2

I like this (from the BBC report above):

"World champion Max Verstappen made reference to the fine he was given for touching the rear wing of Hamilton's car at the 2021 Brazilian Grand Prix.

"If touching a rear wing is $50k, I would like to know what a million is," he said."

I think he could probably answer his own question if he looks back at his antics over the years.

• Like 3
  • Agree 4