Farish new accessory bogies

Crepello

• RMweb Premium

It seems I’ve wasted my money by buying a pack of commonwealth bogies to update my mark 1 coaches; these are the current ‘blue riband’ type. 
It appears the bogies are designed for the original type of mark 1s produced by Farish, with bogie-mounted couplings, as they have the clip-on type of coupling mount, no ‘extension slot’ on the pivot hole and no taper to the outer end to allow a NEM pocket to swing. Rather disappointed to say the least.

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

16 minutes ago, AY Mod said:

Having just taken apart a Farish mk1, the bogies on that link look identical to the Commonwealths on the current style Mk1s.

Jo

• Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium
41 minutes ago, Padishar Creel said:

Hallo, 

Same here. I have contacted the retailer for return and credit.

The bogies manufactured are not to fit the body mounted coupling gate.

es grüßt

pc 

20230219_143210.jpg

• RMweb Premium
18 minutes ago, Steadfast said:

They look to be the ones under the Mk1 Pullmans, with the undersize wheels. Have Bachmann issued two different bogies under one code?

Jo

Yes, you’re right. I’ve just alerted Farish to the problem by e-mail.

• Agree 1

• RMweb Premium

So would I be right in concluding that these were supposed to be the modern Blue Ribband (as was) tooling versions and the factory have supplied old ones (post Poole era but pre Blue Ribband) tooling one instead?

Bachmann need to state if this was deliberately intended or an error.

15 minutes ago, John M Upton said:

So would I be right in concluding that these were supposed to be the modern Blue Ribband (as was) tooling versions and the factory have supplied old ones (post Poole era but pre Blue Ribband) tooling one instead?

Bachmann need to state if this was deliberately intended or an error.

From the wording that accompanies the pic of the product (see Rails and Kernow) yes, you conclude correctly, and I hope it was an error.

Interested to see if they make a statement or just stay silent.

es grüßt

pc 

• Like 1

Hallo,

I heard back from Bachmann, here the reply

es grüßt

pc 

Thank you for taking the time to contact us and for making us aware of this issue.

We have investigated this morning and have confirmed that these accessory packs do not contain the bogies that are photographed and described on our website, so are currently planning our next steps.

For now, I would suggest that the best option is to return any packs that you have bought to your retailer for a refund, as you have suggested.

• Informative/Useful 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

In a similar vein, I have discovered that the B4 bogie available as an accessory uses a shorter axle than the standard coach wheelsets historically available…. I found this out the hard way when I discovered one wheelset was non-insulating - “no problem” I though, “I’ll just swap for one of my spare Farish coach axles”…. nope, the historical axles are too long…. and of course, you cannot buy the newer coach wheelsets with shorter axle….

As an aside, I’ve had a couple of non-insulated wheelsets from Farish products recently…. maybe their QC/QA is slipping a bit….

• Informative/Useful 1

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Premium

I see that the ‘proper’ Commonwealth bogies (for current ‘Blue Riband’ Mark 1s) are still not shown on the Farish website. Has anyone heard any news about these?

• 4 weeks later...