They just don’t stop!

• RMweb Gold
13 minutes ago, sulzer71 said:

As much as I would like to see these I can't imagine it is due to Heljan having a newly tooled 26 with the 27 to follow , that said if anyone was to do a new 26/27 I'd like it to be Phil Sutton

Heljan model could be bettered, SLW - different business model (and market?) and would likely by years away I think. 

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
19 minutes ago, MikeParkin65 said:

Heljan model could be bettered, SLW - different business model (and market?) and would likely by years away I think. 

Its worth remembering Heljans only really made a few batches of 27’s, and 26’s were discounted for a lifetime.

Limas were really hard selling back in their day.

MacRats (and Peaks for that matter) imo are like Rubix cubes.. once in a generation interest and once youve got one and solved it, thats it.

33 has well exceeded interest over 26/27… that was true in Limas day too. But personally I think thats too soon too, given where we are with current model price to value ratios.

Edited by adb968008
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, MikeParkin65 said:

Agreed and I'm glad I have not pre-ordered any of the new tool 26/1s yet just in case , I've worked out that I could model at least 10 locos on my list just from one single tooling variant they are producing

1 hour ago, Enterprisingwestern said:

My money is on DP2, based on bogie use!

Mike.

Makes a lot of sense actually because Accurascale have :

The complete deltic on CAD

The class 50 on CAD

The sound project being worked on

All Accurascale need to do is alter the bodysides and roof and BINGO !!!!

It all depends whether Accurascale thinks they can shift enough of them to make it worthwhile.  I passed over the Heljan DP2 because of it's shape issues but would certainly consider an Accurascale DP2 - with sound of course.    

18 minutes ago, Covkid said:

Makes a lot of sense actually because Accurascale have :

The complete deltic on CAD

The class 50 on CAD

The sound project being worked on

All Accurascale need to do is alter the bodysides and roof and BINGO !!!!

It all depends whether Accurascale thinks they can shift enough of them to make it worthwhile.  I passed over the Heljan DP2 because of it's shape issues but would certainly consider an Accurascale DP2 - with sound of course.    

Do a run with a high intensity headlamp and BR blue livery as if its been running on the mainline lately. That will get everyone rattled, but to be honest, I'd buy one! 

• RMweb Gold
Just now, Hilux5972 said:

Countdown on screen. 2.40 to go

Performance is delayed due to trespassers on the track….

please stand behind the yellow lines at all times until the train has come to a complete stop in the platform.

• Funny 1

• AY Mod locked this topic