What O gauge do you want to see from Accurascale?

I have just checked the website of a well-known 'O' gauge retailer.

In the section listing Heljan locomotives, under "Features included,"

several models include "NEM pocket for couplers."

For example : Large Prairie, Class 20, 26, 27, 37/0, 37/4, 47, 58 and 73.

As it happens I will be away from home for the next two days, but when 

I get back I will email the retailer for confirmation or clarification of this.

I’d personally love to see any modern (1980-present) wagon from the team, we’ve loads of modern locos, few RTR wagons to hang behind them. When I say “any” wagon, I would say small to medium size. I think Dapol have made a mistake modelling the large hopper wagons to go with the 66, they certainly missed a trick not going for a medium sized wagon like the Thrall BYA steel wagon, seen nationally and often in very short trains and sometimes on their own. For the BR era something like the BLA or BAA wagons like Cavlax have made.

if they where to shrink ray the OO range, then the blinding choice would be the JSA wagons, just like the BYA they're often seen in short takes and on their own.

On the other hand, loco wise…….a Class 67 in O plenty of colour schemes, approaching 25 years old now with a wide operational range Scotland, Penzance, Wales, Norwich, Kent, North East & West and everywhere in between, more or less stasnrd body shells (from a non expert POV) and can be used on freight, Mail, passenger, test trains and light loco from a modelling POV.

Not a huge Deltic size loco, nice medium sized loco with very wide spread appeal.

22 hours ago, F-UnitMad said:

In O Gauge?? O Gauge doesn't use NEM pockets.

Dapol does in their Stroudley 4-wheel coaches, although they use 00/H0 ones rather than the 0 gauge ones.

Edited by goldfish
Corroct spulling.
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium
48 minutes ago, goldfish said:

Dapol does in their Stroudley 4-whel coaches, although they use 00/H0 ones rather tyhan the 0 gaouge ones.

If they use OO Gauge tension lock couplings on those O Gauge coaches, they would be positively discreet compared to OO Gauge haha

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

21 and 24.5t minerals.

Potential for body variations with number of doors, with/without top flaps and both 4 and 8 shoe brakes. Clever design could potentially get a few different types from the basic set up.

Covers steam and diesel era, ran in long rakes and might even be able to use the chassis for other wagons as well.

Dapol have pretty much cleaned up on the likely top sellers with wide bang for their buck of investment but this is a gap I think.

On 04/03/2023 at 20:10, Michael Hodgson said:

So given you've had to do the research and CAD etc, are you going to shrink it down to 4mm?

Just so long as you've picked Thomas.

Or just maybe they've done the research and are blowing it up to 7mm 😍

• 2 weeks later...
On 03/03/2023 at 17:36, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi everyone,

Excellent to see that there is interest in us doing more O gauge. So much so, we want to let you into a little secret...

We can confirm that we have designed our first O gauge locomotive and it is going to tooling in the coming weeks. It is not a locomotive currently in our OO range, so it is O gauge from the ground up. Feel free to wildy speculate on what it might be!

We will reveal it when tooling is complete and a pre-production sample is in hand later this year.

Cheers!

Fran 

if it’s not a class 68 I’ll be disappointed. I’m sue you could do one justice, and then who knows, even an 88

Although a Class 68 would be good, it’s not got “many” liveries…

DRS as delivered

DRS revised with new corporate name, which slips my mind right now.

TPE

Chiltern

Although the sphere of operation is good, pretty much every corner of the UK on various traffics.

But……..

If your looking for a commercial proposition with a decent livery suit, combined with the modellers need for a go anywhere loco you can’t do much better (than what’s been already produced) than a Class 67 with over 20 livery schemes over 30 locos that’s got to be up there with the most colourful Class compare to the fleet size?

EWS as delivered
Royal Train - early EWS
Royal Train - late DB

Chiltern Silver unbranded

Wrexham & Shoprshire 

Arriva Trains Wales unbranded

Transport for Wales early 

Transport for Wales late

EWS executive train EWS era

EWS executive train DB era

DBS branded 

DB maple leaf

DB small branding

QE2 platinum scheme

Pullman
Colas

GBRF

Cally Sleeper

Any more ?

A decent suite for a standard run, and a few for specials. 

On 03/03/2023 at 09:36, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi everyone,

Excellent to see that there is interest in us doing more O gauge. So much so, we want to let you into a little secret...

We can confirm that we have designed our first O gauge locomotive and it is going to tooling in the coming weeks. It is not a locomotive currently in our OO range, so it is O gauge from the ground up. Feel free to wildy speculate on what it might be!

We will reveal it when tooling is complete and a pre-production sample is in hand later this year.

Cheers!

Fran 

Will whatever the loco maybe have the DCC and Sound option ?

9 hours ago, Goodnight Sweetheart said:

Although a Class 68 would be good, it’s not got “many” liveries…

DRS as delivered

DRS revised with new corporate name, which slips my mind right now.

TPE

Chiltern

Although the sphere of operation is good, pretty much every corner of the UK on various traffics.

I have noticed that just recently 68014 has had a new livery

• 3 months later...

Only just found this.  Another manufacturer doing 0 gauge would be welcome I think.  If it is to be steam, my vote would be for something that is NOT GWR.  There is only one RTR LMS model (that I know of) and that is the Dapol Jinty.  I've always liked the 2F 0-6-0 tender loco.

John

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, Solo said:

Is there any news on this project, perhaps a hint as to whether it will be steam or diesel?

Well, the project is in tooling, and on schedule for its announcement.

Close enough that I need to start on a 7mm onlooker…

IMG_7590.jpeg

Edited by Islesy
  • Like 5
  • Friendly/supportive 1

20 hours ago, Islesy said:

Close enough that I need to start on a 7mm onlooker…

IMG_7590.jpeg

Excellent! Is it close umenough that I need to get another print of myself in 7mm?! Though would a steam loco crew member be appropriate I wonder?! That's me with the left arm raised, and my good friend Graeme as the fireman.

20230625_101442.jpg.fb646f1cce030b2686f04619a9432cb4.jpg

Cheers

J

• Like 1

On 26/02/2023 at 12:32, paulbb said:

A Class 22 diesel, perfect for branches main lines and everything else! It a big missing gap in the O gauge hydraulic fleet -apart from the D600s of course, though one of them would not go amiss  either. Please beat Heljan and Dapol to it, pretty please too!

Yes a 22 would be very nice indeed, lots of variations in front end styles and liveries amongst the fifty eight locos built, short lived they may have been but they had bags of character...

BRWRD6335OldOakNovember1968.jpg.0b32e85b3d2a5df236165451ef098ea6.jpg

BRWRD6311D6305SwindonWorks190663.jpg.50eb9bdcd0d6c26ec6a8df381824c6e5.jpg

BVD6327_Oxford_June_69_Slide_673.jpg.42bc7a6334df01095192a6a0f153b217.jpg

ABBD6332GSYPwithdiscsatOldOaklate1966orearly1967.jpg.e84f1a8412541b33d98b578463bce8bf.jpg

D6326-at-paddington-spring-64.-Keith-sanders-e1440011506759a.jpg.f90c2d88294d394b4356657691222af7.jpg

Whilst it might seem to be a bit of a minefield with three distinct batches in the initial build (D6300-D6305, D6306-D6333, D6334-D6357) and several modifications along the way, it's do-able.

This is a great place to start...

IMG_8873.JPG.942de9c6d650f4bf03f94d3c2fdd92d2.JPG

Edited by Rugd1022
  • Agree 3