RMweb

Monkton Combe / Titfield in 1/76 from Peco

PaulRhB

• RMweb Gold

Whoop whoop !!!  

There are clearly men of sufficient faith in Devon......

Rob

• Like 10
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 4

• RMweb Gold

I have seen pictures of the kit built up and it really captures the prototype very well. In my new book (due 24th April) there is a fully detailed scale drawing of the building as modified by Ealing’s art department for the film. Produced by the very talented Steve Phillips. In addition to lots of photographs of the building. 

• Like 8
  • Informative/Useful 1

• 2 months later...
  • RMweb Premium
On 20/05/2023 at 11:12, Hiesler said:

Retailers are now taking orders, so they should be available soon. 

image.png.44660863ea0a19fb37a08a179046bee4.png

Kernow Model Centre are expecting them this week. 

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold
14 hours ago, osbornsmodels said:

already shipped a couple today. Very nice but in an awkward shaped box for shipping-------long and thin.

That’s a lovely image of a made up model with platform paraphinalia on your website- perhaps you could share it here!

1 hour ago, Limpley Stoker said:

That’s a lovely image of a made up model with platform paraphinalia on your website- perhaps you could share it here!

Hi Limpley Stoker

Here's one of the shots of my Titfield Station build which has been used for the kits promotion, really was a labour of love. I'd like to say a massive thank you to @Not Jeremy for his wonderful new book The Titfield Thunderbolt: Story of a Much Loved Film - which has been a great source for information during its construction. Can't recommend it enough! 

My full build can be seen the current June 2023 issue of Railway Modeller

Titfield Edit 2.jpg

Edited by SDJR7F88
  • Like 16
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1
  • Round of applause 1

• RMweb Gold

Hi Callum

Thank you very much, you are very welcome and I am really ever so pleased that the book was helpful to you.

You have created a terrific model and hopefully the super new kit from Peco and your article is going to result in multiple models of Titfield and the Camerton branch being created and enjoyed..

I built a model of Monkton Combe/Titfield inside Limpley Stoke station late in the last Century, my friend Dave made a beautiful job of the station building, modelled in its "Railway" state.

I ran all sorts of things along the line, my favourite was my Lima 47 and a rake of Airfix Mk 2d coaches - brilliant!!  Here is the station seen on its "last day" celebrations, with a last load of coal from Camerton colliery coming through behind Radstock's 47316.

1-IMG_5852.JPG.f6d9b5334f97bdf22863c8a27ce1103e.JPG

As someone here or on another thread observed, the roof on the actual building(s) was originally red, being diagonally laid with "Eternit" asbestos tiles, but Limpley Stoke for one was "Turnerised" some years after construction, which gave a grey to black plus weathering moss etc finish. This was a sort of pitch impregnated hessian type covering.

Simon

• Like 5
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, Not Jeremy said:

Hi Callum

Thank you very much, you are very welcome and I am really ever so pleased that the book was helpful to you.

You have created a terrific model and hopefully the super new kit from Peco and your article is going to result in multiple models of Titfield and the Camerton branch being created and enjoyed..

I built a model of Monkton Combe/Titfield inside Limpley Stoke station late in the last Century, my friend Dave made a beautiful job of the station building, modelled in its "Railway" state.

I ran all sorts of things along the line, my favourite was my Lima 47 and a rake of Airfix Mk 2d coaches - brilliant!!  Here is the station seen on its "last day" celebrations, with a last load of coal from Camerton colliery coming through behind Radstock's 47316.

As someone here or on another thread observed, the roof on the actual building(s) was originally red, being diagonally laid with "Eternit" asbestos tiles, but Limpley Stoke for one was "Turnerised" some years after construction, which gave a grey to black plus weathering moss etc finish. This was a sort of pitch impregnated hessian type covering.

Simon

I have been slowly making a model of Limpley Stoke station. For the roof I found that the Scalescenes Fire Station download had a good representation of the Eternit  red tiles - complete with moss patches. 
Having seen this new kit and its potential I will start again !

• Informative/Useful 1

Here's one I made earlier. Should have known someone would produce a kit! What we really do need a kit for, is the Dutch barn/engine shed. Bending model corrugated iron is not going to be easy! (CJL)

P1060970.JPG

• Like 8

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, PaulRhB said:

The Ratio 525 builders merchant or 527 carriage shed both have vac formed corrugated curved roofs. 

Indeed, but unfortunately, unlike many Ratio kit parts, its not available separately. Would be nice if it was... 

• RMweb Gold
7 hours ago, Not Jeremy said:

Ah yes, there's that Hymek!

All sorts of old friends, in fact...

What larks!