Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×

New Accurascale Exclusive; The ZDV Wagon

• RMweb Gold

Hi everyone,

It's been a while since we added a wagon to our famed "Accurascale Exclusives" line of short run models available in special presentation packaging direct in limited numbers from our website only. Our latest run of our 21 ton mineral MDV wagons gives us the perfect opportunity to do something a little bit different, and we like our departmental subjects. So. welcome to our ZDV wagon LDB311717!

IMG_1414.jpg.e2c542c5350f00a40f32403ceacfc9f2.jpg

ZDV no. LDB311717 was noted as being used by the Electrification Engineers for collecting scrap metal during the latter stages of the Birmingham Cross City Electrification scheme between Lichfield and Redditch, in the period between May 1991 (when the first electrification mast was planted) and June 1993 (when load bank testing was completed).

Very few photographs exist of LDB311717, other than the common view of the wagon in the yard at Kings Norton in January 1993, although a later photograph exists showing it in use as a spoil/scrap dump (probably at Three Bridges); rusting and immobile, and by 2005 it had been removed from TOPS.

Very few MDVs are known to have been used in Departmental traffic, where they would have been recorded as ZDV or ZYV and by 1999 just LDB311717 survived, being allocated to contractor Fastline at Doncaster. A real survivor that hung on well into the 2000s!

1491115282_OneMDVwasusedbytheElectrificationEngineersontheBirminghamCrossCityElectrificationschemeZDVLDB311737intheyardatKingsNortonJanuary1993.jpg.7587ff277bb4940576c96999eebb9459.jpg

Our model faithfully captures the worn look of this long lived wagon, featuring slapdash paint work and markings including its TOPS reclassification. 

This model is now in production alongside the rest of our MDO and MDV run and will be in stock with us in Q2 2023 at a price of £24.95 per wagon. Our usual deal of 10% off when you buy two or more also applies! Each model comes in special presentation packaging with a certificate and the entire run is limited to just 500 models.

IMG_1412.jpg.149a7ff44ec7cdab6771d6165bf283bc.jpg

Pre-order yours by clicking here: https://www.accurascale.com/products/br-21t-mdv-mineral-wagon-tops-bauxite-exclusive

Cheers!

Fran

Edited by Accurascale Fran
  • Like 18
  • Round of applause 1

Mine has been ordered although I was a bit confused by the website saying something like 'can only be bought on a payment plan' and it wouldn't let me add it to my basket - until I signed into my account and then it did allow me to order it.

• RMweb Gold
9 minutes ago, dave55uk said:

Mine has been ordered although I was a bit confused by the website saying something like 'can only be bought on a payment plan' and it wouldn't let me add it to my basket - until I signed into my account and then it did allow me to order it.

We've simplified the page and removed the non working cart buttons.https://www.accurascale.com/products/br-21t-mdv-mineral-wagon-tops-bauxite-exclusive

• Like 1

Hopefully less than 60% left to sell now that i have ordered two. One will remain as is but they other will receive a few little globules of T cut.

Brilliant little choice by Accurascale and looking forward to more of these cheeky specials in the future.

Just occurred to me that Accurascale could produce an exclusive pack of say 31430 "Sister Dora" and the ZDV to represent the West Midlands open day namings of the "Bescot castles" 31430 31105 31106 31107 31468 etc etc.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
12 minutes ago, Covkid said:

Hopefully less than 60% left to sell now that i have ordered two. One will remain as is but they other will receive a few little globules of T cut.

Brilliant little choice by Accurascale and looking forward to more of these cheeky specials in the future.

These have exceeded expectations and are over 65% sold this morning! Who doesn’t love a cute oddball clearly! 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Covkid said:

Just occurred to me that Accurascale could produce an exclusive pack of say 31430 "Sister Dora" and the ZDV to represent the West Midlands open day namings of the "Bescot castles" 31430 31105 31106 31107 31468 etc etc.

Just hypothesising on this, just imagine if Accurascale were to "buy" the stillborne YOB 12t crane project from Hattons in a similar manner to the class 66, the sky really would be the limit in terms of limited exclusives, as well as regular runs of the models.  Bit too late for my chosen era but I reckon there would be massive scope and massive sales from them. 

By the way, I meant to mention that class 31s spent a huge part of their latter day careers as infrastructure "ballast" locos.  

Edited by Covkid
typo
  • Agree 2

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, McC said:

These have exceeded expectations and are over 65% sold this morning! Who doesn’t love a cute oddball clearly! 

Clearly a future highly valuable collectors item! Maybe keep a few yourselves to sell on eBay later!

Edited by reddragon
  • Funny 4

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, reddragon said:

Clearly a future highly valuable collectors item! Maybe keep a few yourselves to sell on eBay later!

Not our style I'm afraid :) 

• Like 4

• 3 months later...
  • RMweb Gold

Hi everyone,

We will have a full update on these along with the MDO/V and Coil As later this week but production is complete and we are awaiting production samples. Once we have those we will have a further update.

Cheers!

Fran 

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

HI All,

I know Fran reads our posts here so I was looking for an update on the ZDV Engineers exclusive wagon.

I have visited the Accurascale website but can not see any new news, so Fran……

What is the latest & when can we expect these?

Thanks in advance.

• RMweb Gold
8 minutes ago, Going2theDogs said:

HI All,

I know Fran reads our posts here so I was looking for an update on the ZDV Engineers exclusive wagon.

I have visited the Accurascale website but can not see any new news, so Fran……

What is the latest & when can we expect these?

Thanks in advance.

They are in transit. A proper update will be along shortly 👍

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Hi,

Appreciate it is very very busy at Accurascale. Is there going to be an update on the ZDV wagon and associated MDO/V wagons soon? As I had received an email in June saying they (ZDVs) were 4 weeks away.  

thanks Peter

• Agree 1