KX097-OO Art Deco (1930's) OO Gauge Bus Shelter

Sam, my understudy I suppose you could call him, has been hard at work on this for the past week or so... and he's done a lovely job of it. It's based on a real bus shelter which was originally a tram shelter that's still in use today on the corner of Fosse Road North and Groby Road in Leicester. It's got quite a distintive design to the rear windows making it a real eye-catcher. Great for any model railway layout or diecast bus diorama set in the 1930's onwards.

He's put lots of detail into the kit including downpipes & hoppers, fully weathered textures (pristine and heavily weathered versions with grafitti) with hand rendered brickwork, a very nicely textured tile floor and much more.

Ideal for bus & tram dioramas as well as adding an extra focal point to a model railway layout.

For more information, please follow this link : OO gauge bus shelter kit

Cheers

J

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, Enterprisingwestern said:

That's as maybe, but it ain't OO gauge!

Mike.

I get your point Mike, but I think a significant number of people who buy items only know what 00 is, and not 4mm. 

I would suggest:

1) P4 modellers that know they can use 00 scenic items - near 100%
2) People that buy such 00 items who realise it is 4mm scale - significantly less!

And yes, I deliberately didn’t use modeller in the second point as whilst the first is probably 100% modellers, the second, once again, won’t be that high with some that purchase being parents etc. and some just not knowing. 

Retailers need to market to their biggest audience. For me, I hate seeing 00 Scale mentioned, but accept we have to live it. 

Roy

• 1 month later...
On 03/04/2023 at 16:59, Roy Langridge said:

I get your point Mike, but I think a significant number of people who buy items only know what 00 is, and not 4mm. 

I would suggest:

1) P4 modellers that know they can use 00 scenic items - near 100%
2) People that buy such 00 items who realise it is 4mm scale - significantly less!

And yes, I deliberately didn’t use modeller in the second point as whilst the first is probably 100% modellers, the second, once again, won’t be that high with some that purchase being parents etc. and some just not knowing. 

Retailers need to market to their biggest audience. For me, I hate seeing 00 Scale mentioned, but accept we have to live it. 

Roy

We've had this discussion many times here. Literally, nobody searches for 4mm scale stuff in any major search engine. We could have the best products in the world but if we marketed them as P4 or 4mm scale instead of OO we wouldn't be around for long as a company. :)

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

• RMweb Gold
On 03/04/2023 at 14:35, Enterprisingwestern said:

That's as maybe, but it ain't OO gauge!

Mike.

I hope you are also suggesting to Bachmann that their Scenecraft range is similarly mis-labelled....

Oh, and to Hornby and their Skaledale range.

And, erm, Metcalfe...

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
44 minutes ago, Stubby47 said:

I hope you are also suggesting to Bachmann that their Scenecraft range is similarly mis-labelled....

Oh, and to Hornby and their Skaledale range.

And, erm, Metcalfe...

The list is endless!

Mike.

• Funny 1