New BLT

Kylestrome

When I first looked at your BLT I was impressed but since seen some real ones in my local supermarket, cannot see one exactly the same, which made me wonder, is yours a representation of a real BLT, with documented proof, or is it merely generic.

Edited by fulton
Correction
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Premium
3 minutes ago, fulton said:

When I first looked at your BLT I was impressed but since seen some real ones in my local supermarket, can not see one exactly the same, which made wonder, is yours a representation of a real BLT, with documented prove, or is it merely generic.

The rtr ones are all based on Ashburton - they're ok but a lot of people have difficulty dealing with the kickback. Also after a day or two they tend to change into a through scheme.

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• Moderators
5 hours ago, Kylestrome said:

It's from a kit I stashed away in the eighties, but with extra details.

It's funny how kits tend to be dearer than ready to eat.

IMG_20170805_140024.jpg

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 3

• RMweb Premium
11 minutes ago, AY Mod said:

It's funny how kits tend to be dearer than ready to eat.

The trouble with these highly detailed Read To Eat jobs is that bits tend to fall off them. You've lost your tomato!

• Round of applause 1

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, Kylestrome said:

The trouble with these highly detailed Read To Eat jobs is that bits tend to fall off them. You've lost your tomato!

And the top of the bun!

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, fulton said:

is yours a representation of a real BLT, with documented proof, or is it merely generic.

It's a 'might have been' which can represent any company in any period (but not 'modern image', as that would be well after its sell-by date).

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Kylestrome said:

It's a 'might have been' which can represent any company in any period (but not 'modern image', as that would be well after its sell-by date).

Of course the modern image one would be baconless bacon in a seeded, sourdough, wholemeal, rye, multigrain focaccia...

• Agree 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

12 hours ago, Kylestrome said:

SFS_Ultimate_BLT_Sandwich-16.jpg

Not quite what you were expecting, am I right?

😁

That's exactly what I would expect from a BLT (and heavy on the bacon)! I'm losing touch with all these 'tribal' names for innovative small layout designs. Not the Nine O'clock News would've had fun with this one - 'Nice layout, shame about the name!'

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
4 hours ago, Worsdell forever said:

You know when some people get carried away and try to cram in as much as possible into a small space?

blt-watermark1.jpg

Now I'm getting ideas about making an extension, or maybe a second BLT?

Edited by Kylestrome
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1
  • Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

3 hours ago, Paul H Vigor said:

That's exactly what I would expect from a BLT (and heavy on the bacon)! I'm losing touch with all these 'tribal' names for innovative small layout designs. Not the Nine O'clock News would've had fun with this one - 'Nice layout, shame about the name!'

Thought that YOLO would be a good name for an innovative compact layout design. Seems I have the name and not the design?