RMweb

Glenadam Distillery

That chimney in the corner works so well - great addition & improvement.
The weathering is also coming on a treat. It makes a big improvement and adds a touch more realism. Great work.
I didn't think this micro could be improved... but it's still getting better :) 

• Friendly/supportive 1

9 hours ago, marc smith said:

That chimney in the corner works so well - great addition & improvement.
The weathering is also coming on a treat. It makes a big improvement and adds a touch more realism. Great work.
I didn't think this micro could be improved... but it's still getting better :) 

Thank you very much Marc, your continued interest and kind comments are much appreciated 🙂 Thank you! 

Here is a picture of the Peckett, I’m going for a work stained but ‘kept clean’ finish.

I’ve also splashed the cash on Scottish loco to add to the layout fleet 😁

IMG_2268.jpeg

• Like 7

Ticked a few small jobs off over the last few days.

1. Footplate crew added to ‘Robert Burns”

2. Coal loads added to my MDVs

3. Some more signage added around the layout.

I'm currently just modifying the fiddle yard to be more user friendly, I’ll share updates soon!

Heres a photo dump of the recent progress and just some other angles of the layout that you probably haven’t seen before…

Cheers! 🥃 

IMG_2365.jpeg

IMG_2361.jpeg

IMG_2290.jpeg

IMG_2303.jpeg

Edited by Northmoor MPD
  • Like 12

• 2 weeks later...

A few photos outside before being packed away for a short time (I need the build space for my new layout project…watch this space).

This is “Glenadam Distillery”…

IMG_2613.jpeg

IMG_2572.jpeg

IMG_2576.jpeg

IMG_2583.jpeg

Edited by Northmoor MPD
  • Like 19

• 1 month later...

I've been meaning to say for a while but this is a wonderful micro layout with great scenic work. It really feels like it is an actual place and I particularly like the low relief front of an engine in the shed, not something I would ever have thought of but it just finishes that scene nicely.

• Friendly/supportive 1

• 2 months later...

Evening everyone,

It’s been a few months since I’ve posted any updates, the only real change has been the addition of some point levers, such an obvious thing that was missing but something I completely overlooked, situation now rectified 😄

I’ve also received Hornby’s new 2MT locomotive which has been weathered and details now added.

Here’s a few pictures from today as I’ve had the layout out to test the new loco.

Cheers 🥃

IMG_4609.jpeg

IMG_4596.jpeg

IMG_4593.jpeg

Edited by Northmoor MPD
  • Like 19

• 3 weeks later...

Just found this layout, and what a cracker! I like the train on the overbridge and the use of a double slip, I got one of those I've never found a use for! Hope to see some more photo's before you move on to your next project. 🙂

Edited as I've been looking through the thread and I'm amazed by the amount of detail and realism you've got in such a small space, I love the stream running through the middle.  Great stuff and very inspiring! 👍

Edited by sb67
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• 3 months later...

Glenadam Distillery is booked to appear at Statfold model railway exhibition in April!

You can imagine my delight when I saw the layout on the event poster at Doncaster exhibition yesterday!

Hope to see some of you there 🙂

IMG_5803.jpeg

• Like 12

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

It was great to meet you and see Glenadam Distillery in the flesh at Statfold, Adam! Were I without dogs I could have very very happily given you a break and played trains for an hour or two. What can’t be conveyed in RMWeb is how beautifully it runs. All the best, Andrew

• Friendly/supportive 1

16 minutes ago, Andrew D said:

It was great to meet you and see Glenadam Distillery in the flesh at Statfold, Adam! Were I without dogs I could have very very happily given you a break and played trains for an hour or two. What can’t be conveyed in RMWeb is how beautifully it runs. All the best, Andrew

I agree it was fantastic to see the layout in the flesh, rmweb doesn't do it justice, it's superb. 

• Friendly/supportive 1

2 hours ago, Andrew D said:

Thanks very much Andrew, it was great to meet you too (and the dogs of course!)

Thank you for your kind words, if in future you are available you’d be more than welcome to come and operate the layout.

Best regards,

Adam

• Friendly/supportive 1

2 hours ago, Oncomin5torm said:

I agree it was fantastic to see the layout in the flesh, rmweb doesn't do it justice, it's superb. 

Thanks very much Alex, much appreciated 🙏 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I had a great weekend at the Statfold Model Railway Exhibition showing “Glenadam Distillery”

It was great to meet fellow RM webbers 👋 

I’ve had some interest from other exhibitions so I should hopefully be exhibiting at a few more next year.

it was a busy weekend but I managed a few photos.

Thanks all 🥃 

IMG_6645.jpeg

IMG_6664.jpeg

IMG_6665.jpeg

Edited by Northmoor MPD
  • Like 10

As other have said I saw this in the flesh at Statfold Barn over the weekend and no photo in this thread, no matter how good, in my opinion does any justice to how wonderful this really looks! A really charming layout that you are instantly convinced is of a real place.

• Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

2 hours ago, Karl said:

As other have said I saw this in the flesh at Statfold Barn over the weekend and no photo in this thread, no matter how good, in my opinion does any justice to how wonderful this really looks! A really charming layout that you are instantly convinced is of a real place.

Thank you so much Karl 🙏 

What I think is So very well done is the depth of field in such as small space, which is very hard to achieve,

The river, then a step up to the main track, then a step up to the embankment and trees then a step up to the higher line then a step up to the backscene.

For me it is one of the best thought out micro layouts I have seen, and that is just from the pictures.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1