Adblocker

• RMweb Gold

Thought I'd raise this, without any knowledge of how or why, but.......

I've seen suggestions elsewhere that members using 'adblocker' are unable to access RMweb. 

One member had to use another forum to pm me as they were unable to log on, seemingly for this reason. 

Rob. 

• Moderators
7 minutes ago, skipepsi said:

I am getting the ad blocker come up even though I have paid my £12. I think there maybe a glich somewhere.

It looks like you were still in a different member group from an earlier version, hopefully that's fixed for you now.

• Moderators
13 minutes ago, NHY 581 said:

I've seen suggestions elsewhere that members using 'adblocker' are unable to access RMweb. 

One member had to use another forum to pm me as they were unable to log on, seemingly for this reason. 

If they disable their adblocker they should be able to access the site.

• Thanks 1

• Moderators
1 hour ago, woodenhead said:

Just the once

There was an update to the app applied yesterday, probably just getting it's act together.

5 minutes ago, AY Mod said:

There was an update to the app applied yesterday, probably just getting it's act together.

It didn't spoil my day though 🙂

Now, if you'd seen me messing about with Power Automate trying to click on text boxes and buttons that weren't where they appear to be and getting massively frustrated whenever it put the password in the username box, then you'd see me a little bit huffy.

• Like 2

• Moderators
8 minutes ago, woodenhead said:

Now, if you'd seen me messing about with Power Automate trying to click on text boxes and buttons that weren't where they appear to be and getting massively frustrated whenever it put the password in the username box, then you'd see me a little bit huffy

A similar amount of sweary stuff from me this morning trying to get into my 3 account.

• RMweb Gold

Outside of RMweb I was having huge issues with the Adblocker plugin restricting all kinds of web based functionality.  I've replaced the Adblocker plugin with a different one, life has returned to normal.

I suggest anyone that is finding Adblocker is causing issues should find an alternative.  I'm now using Total Adblock.

Steve

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

The RMWeb "Ad-blocking software/plug-in detected." is blocking my access to RMWeb, via Google Chrome, despite having :

A) Disabled my adblockers and

B) Removing my adblockers completely.

However, as you can see, RMWeb works perfectly OK in Firefox.
Any suggestions, as I can't get into the Chrome version of RMWeb as I am logged in automatically.

Cheers Godders

image.png

• Moderators
11 minutes ago, skipepsi said:

Still there today Andy it is but a minor stress in the scheme of things so no problem.

Do you have your browser set to clear cookies when you finish a session Mick?

• RMweb Premium

I am not sure Andy, I am always logged out when I leave I will consult the eldest daughter and get back to you...

I am now sorted I think . Thanks Andy.

Edited by skipepsi
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators
5 minutes ago, skipepsi said:

, I am always logged out

Yup, if you log out it won't know you're Premium when you return and treat you as an ordinary user.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

I've just noticed I had Adblocker Ultimate switched on for RMWeb, It claimed it was blocking 5 ads

It wasn't interfering with anything but I have now disabled it for RMWeb.

Not sure why it was on as I thought I had turned it off ages ago.

Edited by melmerby
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium

For information, since this comes up on other websites as well, I have been running two browsers for some years. Firefox with an adblocker, and Google Chrome without. "Disabling ad blockers" is simply a matter of opening the other browser and copying and pasting the URL into the address bar.

With Premium, RMWeb runs equally well on either.

• RMweb Gold

I have been intending to start a thread about this.

As a Gold Member, I have not had a problem accessing RMWeb. But can someone explain to me how to get rid of these Adblocker b*stards? I suspect that their ads which come up with every keystroke got installed remotely when I changed to Windows 11.

On 28/04/2023 at 10:10, Godders said:

The RMWeb "Ad-blocking software/plug-in detected." is blocking my access to RMWeb, via Google Chrome, despite having :

A) Disabled my adblockers and

B) Removing my adblockers completely.

However, as you can see, RMWeb works perfectly OK in Firefox.
Any suggestions, as I can't get into the Chrome version of RMWeb as I am logged in automatically.

Cheers Godders

image.png

Yep, I'm getting that on my laptop despite not having an ad-blocker installed to disable. The warning page just suddenly appeared a couple of days ago when they day before was not a problem and overnight nothing was installed or updated.

My tablet is okay which I'm using for this post.

Edited by grahame