Accurascale Welcomes Alex Carpenter On Board

• RMweb Premium

Congrats on the new job. Fantastic news to see Accurascale keep expanding. The pace of development is clearly going to continue to accelerate with the additional staff members being added which is great news for the hobby. That's also certainly one way to get the froth going over a potential HST!

• Like 4
  • Agree 2

• RMweb Gold

Well done Alex and class judgement on Accurascale’s part .Fantastic news.About time you had the opportunity to reach the full potential that’s always been there.Look forward to seeing you on the Accurascale stand soon. 

Edited by Ian Hargrave
Adding text
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Great news, congratulations!

Fingers crossed for a Accurascale HST 🤞🤞

If so, can you announce it before I pay for my red box one? 😁

Asking for a friend…is there anyone left at Barwell? 😅😂

Edited by Northmoor MPD
  • Like 2
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
1 minute ago, Northmoor MPD said:

Fingers crossed for a Accurascale HST 🤞🤞

in O gauge .....

or preferably the Prototype 252 in OO, pretty please 😁

Edited by RedgateModels
  • Agree 1

If this isn't a 'soft' announcement for an Accura-HST I don't know what is 😂

Congrats Alex and it's great to see the Accurascale team growing. 

Should I be selling my Hornby HST's now? 😉

Cheers,

• Like 4
  • Funny 3

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, Islesy said:

I think we can safely say that's a definite NO.

Oh :( I reckon Stephen King could come up with a wicked Steampunk Horror range. You could call it "The Devil is in the Detail, Detail, Detail".

• Funny 6

• RMweb Gold
28 minutes ago, Bucoops said:

Oh :( I reckon Stephen King could come up with a wicked Steampunk Horror range. You could call it "The Devil is in the Detail, Detail, Detail".

I reckon I'd give that one a very wide berth - I think it might be called "exorcising restraint"?

OK - coat - hat - clove of garlic - gone.

• Funny 3

3 hours ago, 60800 said:

If this isn't a 'soft' announcement for an Accura-HST I don't know what is 😂

Congrats Alex and it's great to see the Accurascale team growing. 

Should I be selling my Hornby HST's now? 😉

Cheers,

That’s how I read it. An Accurascale HST would be outstanding!👍

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
10 minutes ago, wairoa said:

That’s how I read it. An Accurascale HST would be outstanding!👍

Accurately reproducing the moss growing in the panel gaps will be a challenge though!

Congrats to Alex.

• Like 1
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Premium

Well that's two secrets in the same announcement as our club members have known about the move to Accurascale and the purchase of 43025 for a while and so now it's been made public, we can all add our congratulations to Alex. I must admit that it was a bit of a surprise to see such a large photo of his face on a big PC screen whilst trying to drink my early morning tea - it's bad enough seeing him twice a week at club !!🤣

For those interested in 43025, have a look at this on YouTube which shows the transfer from Ely to Ruddington

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1y6hoSL9qd4

As for the next model to be produced, I think I might know - it's another of Alex's favourites, he's sitting in it in that first photo and it can be seen in the video link above - after all, if Rapido can make buses, why can't Accurascale make a model of a Volvo V70 - I have lost count of the number of different ones he's had over the years.

• Like 2
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Premium
On 10/05/2023 at 16:26, Islesy said:

I think we can safely say that's a definite NO.

What is it they say about not believing anything until it has been officially denied ? 😈

Adrian

• RMweb Gold
10 hours ago, Mike Bellamy said:

Well that's two secrets in the same announcement as our club members have known about the move to Accurascale and the purchase of 43025 for a while and so now it's been made public, we can all add our congratulations to Alex. I must admit that it was a bit of a surprise to see such a large photo of his face on a big PC screen whilst trying to drink my early morning tea - it's bad enough seeing him twice a week at club !!🤣

For those interested in 43025, have a look at this on YouTube which shows the transfer from Ely to Ruddington

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1y6hoSL9qd4

As for the next model to be produced, I think I might know - it's another of Alex's favourites, he's sitting in it in that first photo and it can be seen in the video link above - after all, if Rapido can make buses, why can't Accurascale make a model of a Volvo V70 - I have lost count of the number of different ones he's had over the years.

I’ll endorse this. Watch the video.It’s fascinating and very professionally made.Starring Mr.Accurascale Cool and the trademark V70….which will soon get a reputation as a scene stealer akin to Ivo Peters’ famous Riley ( ? ). The video is the best possible commercial for the forthcoming ( ? ) ACC 125. 

• Like 2
  • Funny 1

I'm guessing the issue with an Accurascale HST is, you have to go all In and do the coaches as the only source for MK111s is a competitor so they can run you out of town by putting huge prices on MK3s or ensuring what they release  doesn't match your power cars or the nuclear option only release them in train packs with their own power cars and effectively starve you out...

Edited by Pmorgancym
  • Agree 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1