What's your latest Swiss railway-themed aquisition?

SBB1

Inspired by a similar thread on another forum - so I can't take any credit (or criticism?) - I thought it would be nice to have a place for everyone to show off their latest purchase. It can be big or small, extraordinary or mundane, in any scale or even railwayana. Anything goes, as long as it has some connection to the railways of Switzerland (this could include non-Swiss rolling stock that may be seen on Swiss infrastructure).

I'll kick things off with this Vectron, picked up 2nd-hand ( Fleischmann 739304 ). Red ends > blue ends, in my opinion!

20230111_153446.jpg.350dedde328ba86c975efb8f305fda7f.jpg20230111_153416.jpg.579ba2580943b428c4d7e22deb19baa8.jpg20230111_152335.jpg.1b1d766fd22bfde8909e689c9d05feda.jpg

Over to you then. Let's see what your modelling bugdet is being spent on!

• Like 7

Well, as I read this I am sitting on a German train, trying to escape the chaos that is Germany's railway system, with a new, sound-equipped Bemo Ge 6/6 II (703 St Moritz, as you ask!) on the table in front of me, having diverted my journey home from the Czech Republic via Modellbahnshop Lippe's fine establishment in Detmold..... in an attempt to evade the post-Brexit costs and tedium of getting it sent to me via DHL...! 

Given the state of DB these days (I may well not make it home today despite all the extra hours' allowances I'd planned to take account of what we know all too well about German railways), you could well argue that any saving I may or may not make will be something of a pyrrhic victory...!!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 37201xoIM said:

Well, as I read this I am sitting on a German train, trying to escape the chaos that is Germany's railway system, with a new, sound-equipped Bemo Ge 6/6 II (703 St Moritz, as you ask!) on the table in front of me, having diverted my journey home from the Czech Republic via Modellbahnshop Lippe's fine establishment in Detmold..... in an attempt to evade the post-Brexit costs and tedium of getting it sent to me via DHL...! 

Given the state of DB these days (I may well not make it home today despite all the extra hours' allowances I'd planned to take account of what we know all too well about German railways), you could well argue that any saving I may or may not make will be something of a pyrrhic victory...!!

Taking the scenic route home and picking up a model along the way - sounds like an ideal use of time to me, even with all the delays! 

I'm tempted to make any future big purchase from the continent conincide with a trip to 🇨🇭, for exactly the reasons you describe. Always frustrating when a bargain pops up but the additonal fees cancel out any saving.

• Agree 2

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, 37201xoIM said:

We were considering flying to Prague then train back to Brussels for our Summer holiday but after last years fiasco on German railways we are stillhesitantbutitsthebestwayto bring back models from the CzechRepublic.

• RMweb Premium

IMG_4803.jpeg.2a5b3697b67f1fbef17aede8855d6d89.jpeg

The most expensive coach I’ve ever bought - and maybe the most expensive I ever will…? I factored in the cost of two packs of Preiser figures as they came already fitted, and I personally think Panorama coaches look very empty without passengers.

Nothing unusual about the model (a second hand Roco from a very reputable supplier), it’s just that I don’t have a Swiss layout.  After dabbling with Bemo H0m (FO) last year was still missing having Panorama coaches - now sorted 😀, Keith.

• Like 6
  • Agree 1

On 13/05/2023 at 13:09, 37201xoIM said:

Given the state of DB these days

Oh dear, what’s the matter with DB at the moment? I had a poor experience last year, but the worst of that was due to a one-off death-on-the-line incident south of Remagen. Still, DB didn’t cover themselves in glory with their response or communication. Then the next day our train from Koblenz to Stuttgart was significantly delayed. And of course, there’s literally nowhere to sit and wait between trains on building site that passes for Stuttgart HBf. 
Anyway, I digress! 

I bought my first two freight wagons for RhB. I was going to get three more, but I needed some Preiser figures and autos.

I also got around to adding the crossing signals at Langwies.

AKURPO3.jpg

LtGaw3q.jpg

• Like 9

23 hours ago, Keith Addenbrooke said:

IMG_4803.jpeg.2a5b3697b67f1fbef17aede8855d6d89.jpeg

The most expensive coach I’ve ever bought - and maybe the most expensive I ever will…? I factored in the cost of two packs of Preiser figures as they came already fitted, and I personally think Panorama coaches look very empty without passengers.

Nothing unusual about the model (a second hand Roco from a very reputable supplier), it’s just that I don’t have a Swiss layout.  After dabbling with Bemo H0m (FO) last year was still missing having Panorama coaches - now sorted 😀, Keith.

Keith, A regular sight in Austria so can be incorporated in your growing fleet of OBB stock.

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, duff man said:

Keith, A regular sight in Austria so can be incorporated in your growing fleet of OBB stock.

Very true - the interchange between nations is one of the appeals of Continental modelling: plenty of legitimate variety on through Services, certainly in the period I'm interested in.

At the moment my small collection of Austrian, Swiss and German H0 rolling stock is all 'in waiting' though, Keith.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, MichaelE said:

I bought my first two freight wagons for RhB. I was going to get three more, but I needed some Preiser figures and autos.

I also got around to adding the crossing signals at Langwies.

AKURPO3.jpg

LtGaw3q.jpg

Nice pick-ups @MichaelE ! Always enjoy your layout updates, looking forward to what's coming next.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Two of my latest acquisitions are items I have waited years for to complete my D-zug for the Munchen - Zurich train, which will have a double-headed DB Class 218 and Class 210 on the front - sound-fitted, of course.

Bayerndorf_P1060259.JPG.9268a63caf6d560a3439e1207ed58e1f.JPG

Whilst LS Models have released the passenger coaches for the UIC series previously, it is only recently that the full luggage car has been made available by itself.

They have also made available the UIC restaurant car in maroon and Eurofima orange, for the Era IV time period. But instead, I have settled for the EWI restaurant car - I am reasonably certain that I saw these vehicles at Munchen Hbf. at some point in the early 1980s.

The other recent purchase satisfies my love of Era IV electrics from the Swiss network, a BLS Ae8/8. Looking forward to seeing this at the front end of a long freight train!

Bayerndorf_P1060260.JPG

Edited by Mike at C&M
Missing word
  • Like 12

Hi,

Excellent new topic thread!

Not quite as exciting as everyone else’s recent purchases but I picked up these containers from traintrax with the intention of repainting them and making some McDonalds transfers to add. They will then make their way onto my postal train. Seen some photos of this composition and thought it would look the part. They are not quite the same refrigerated containers but they will do.

C866014A-94F8-40C5-BE34-9C63255ABC20.jpeg.ad7d8417054f650ef8be8dfaf287e83f.jpeg

Best regards,

Jeremy

Edited by cornish trains jez
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, cornish trains jez said:

Hi,

Excellent new topic thread!

Not quite as exciting as everyone else’s recent purchases but I picked up these containers from traintrax with the intention of repainting them and making some McDonalds transfers to add. They will then make their way onto my postal train. Seen some photos of this composition and thought it would look the part. They are not quite the same refrigerated containers but they will do.

C866014A-94F8-40C5-BE34-9C63255ABC20.jpeg.ad7d8417054f650ef8be8dfaf287e83f.jpeg

Best regards,

Jeremy

What scale are they, I would have thought they would be 1/150 rather than 1/160 as they are marked as for RhB?

1 hour ago, Erichill16 said:

What scale are they, I would have thought they would be 1/150 rather than 1/160 as they are marked as for RhB?

They are 1/150 but the prototypes are slightly smaller in height than the postal containers so I’m hopeful they will not look too out of place…..well I hope not anyway! 😬

• Like 1

Apparently one of a limited edition of 25 by Signalmeister Modellbahn this HOm Spatz is not as as detailed as a Bemo equivalent  model would be  but it runs well and fills a gap in my SBB Brunig/Zentralbahn collection.  Acquired at an auction a few months ago.

Spatz2.JPG

• Like 6
  • Friendly/supportive 1

On 14/05/2023 at 17:45, duff man said:

Indeed, consistently used in the EC trains Zurich - Buchs SG - Austria for at least the last 25 years.

I saw one most recently in EC163 Sargans - Graz 13 days ago...

IMG_9641.JPG

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 15/05/2023 at 22:30, cornish trains jez said:

They are 1/150 but the prototypes are slightly smaller in height than the postal containers so I’m hopeful they will not look too out of place…..well I hope not anyway! 😬

Minitrix do the 1:160 scale ones, but the containers  are never available separately so you have to pay over 30 quid for the complete wagon

Here's the 12 in to the foot scale version at Bussigny (close up) and Vufflens la Ville depot 10 days ago 

CH May 23 (362).JPG

CH May 23 (515).JPG

Edited by Gordonwis
  • Like 3
  • Informative/Useful 2

• RMweb Premium
On 13/05/2023 at 18:32, PaulRhB said:

IMG_3651.jpeg.e9548b888d954db1c620708a820537a8.jpeg

I forgot to check the scale on my Tm2/2 purchase, turns out it’s slightly bigger than the Kato stuff. 😆

The real one I caught at Disentis in 2019

IMG_3493.jpeg.001ee5a654e9f25e14479afeada8ec5a.jpeg

My home-brewed 1:22.5 scale model of RhB shunting tractor Tm2/2 - 26, predates the LGB issue - although it didn't get finished till 2014, just 20 years after first running. It is mainly plastic sheet with a few home mastered white-metal castings and an MDC motor block (hence the compromised wheelbase).

P1060901.jpg.6def496f545461796e365a361208a86e.jpg

P1060905.jpg.efd54dd1d60bb2e383e27542060bf4c9.jpg

It normally runs with an attached LGB version of a "MOB" van to carry the NiMH battery pack and the RC receiver and motor controller, but I have just realised that has escaped my camera!

Regards

Chris H

P.S. - Last Friday (16th June 2023) I coupled my model of the RhB shunting tractor to the van which contains the NiMh batteried and the radio control receiver to have a play in the sunshine and take the following picture.

IMG_1654.jpg.05035c60527ed71505e38dd6633cf9c6.jpg

Hope you like it.

Regards

Chris H

Edited by Metropolitan H
  • Like 7
  • Craftsmanship/clever 3

Thank you for sharing all your purchases so far - keep them coming!

Today I'm VTG'ing it with this pair of wagons. They'll need a good bit of weathering to bring them to typical in-service condition, although it'll be a shame to cover up some of those fine Fleischmann details.

20230317_085743.jpg.55058aeec8bae8a244bc306050b555b4.jpg

• Like 2
  • Round of applause 1

OK, I'll join in too.

This has just become mine

s-l400.jpg

I know very little about Swiss railways and even less about the Lima recreations.  I'm assuming that the Lima mechanism of this is the same as they used in their UK outline models, the good old class 37 and 47s, and as such will accept replacement finer wheels from Peter's Spares.

It will remind me of a holiday with my parents,  when I was aged about 14. It was a coach tour  (If it's Friday, it must be Austria - again!) to visit the Oberammergauer Passionsspeile. One of the stops was at Sisikon on Lake Lucerne, on the northern part of the Gotthard Line, and my father and I spent a pleasant hour or so at the station. It didn't take us long to realise that the locos had names, and that some were named after Cantons. 

So, finally, 43 years later, here we are...

Edited by DavidBird
  • Like 9