What's your latest Swiss railway-themed aquisition?

SBB1

Still slowly adding stock for the new layout while I’m having a massive tidy up to make space for base boards. 

Hattons presented a rare chance to acquire an MW Modell SBB Schlieren carriage without international postage costs, so I went for it.

It’s quite a nice thing, I’d say the lettering is slightly heavier than some recent models, but otherwise very nicely detailed.

IMG_3777.jpeg.e8f7e70bc11116425c2f851b48b6c516.jpeg

I grabbed a few more Brawa EWII’s at the same time too just because I could.

Mark

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

Just in from Detmold... (Modellbahnshop Lippe)

Star buy is the just released non-Autoverlad BLS driving trailer:

and because I recently  bought the the green BDt as a spare part, one of the Piko EWI.

20231124_183506.jpg

20231124_183525.jpg

20231124_183556.jpg

Edited by Gordonwis
  • Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

I’ve been concentrating on acquiring cross border stock of late, but during one of my recent orders I spotted some Minitrix EC wagen from the latest batch in stock. They’re not cheap, but I thought I’d give one a try anyway.

What a disappointment. The paint finish is perhaps the worst I’ve ever seen on an N gauge model. The lower grey is clearly printed and looks like it’s been done with Hammerite! Even at normal viewing distance it’s discernible, but close ups aren’t pleasant at all. Comparing it to 30 year old Roco models is not favourable.

IMG_3971.jpeg.d854ac8c9d7b9497dc3e3f74fec81c0a.jpeg

IMG_3973.jpeg.a062cce4160a0f3faf5860b1c3dca20c.jpegIMG_3974.jpeg.b141a2fcf5d57fd4d4b30dbc508e5c11.jpeg

You almost wouldn’t mind as much if it was a smaller manufacturer, or a bargain basement offering - but it’s not.

Mark

Edited by MOB 2002
Typo
  • Agree 2
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

9 hours ago, Gordonwis said:

HO I see. I hadn't heard of ESU. How much of the lettering is raised ?

ESU are the DCC people who also make locos and rolling stock. 

https://www.esu.eu/en/products/engineering-edition/

I am away from home until late Saturday night so will update you with info about the lettering then. 

Edited by two tone green
  • Informative/Useful 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just a couple of pick-ups for me recently: new release wagons from Hobbytrain and Arnold respectively. Both are excellent, with some lovely etched metal detail on the tanker. Merry Christmas all! 🎄

Andrew

20231214_141155.jpg.bb5ce0389769e654454993eafe990584.jpg

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium

I picked this up today from the excellent @Mike at C&M to go with my Arnold Lotschbergbahn coaches. I had originally bought the autoverlad version when it came out with the intention of replacing it with the correct passenger service BDt if it ever appeared. And so it has.

IMG_4938.JPG.c149f847e034c2c89b9af7e55a72ed60.JPG

So the decoder has been transferred and the autoverlad coach will go on ebay in the new year.

Edited by Frutigen
  • Like 2

Thank you Craig.

Firstly I will erect some catenary.

Then buy an 11 carriage SBB Giruno.

Next I will buy the lorries and wagons and if I have any money left I will ask you kindly if I can have running rights on Wolfstatt for these two trains. I hear the track access charges on your Magnum Opus are nearly SBB rates!

:-)

Kindest regards,

Peter

P.S. I see the Piko new releases for 2024 are already announced!

22 hours ago, swisspeat said:

Thank you Craig.

Firstly I will erect some catenary.

Then buy an 11 carriage SBB Giruno.

Next I will buy the lorries and wagons and if I have any money left I will ask you kindly if I can have running rights on Wolfstatt for these two trains. I hear the track access charges on your Magnum Opus are nearly SBB rates!

:-)

Kindest regards,

Peter

P.S. I see the Piko new releases for 2024 are already announced!

For you sir access charges will happily be removed.

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The superb RhB flat wagons from an artisan on German ebay:

Picture 1 shows unpainted with Kato RTR freight bogie left and Japanese 'kit' bogie right. IMO the kit bogie gives the best running height

Picture 5  is new version left versus RhB Modellbahn version right

20240131_151218.jpg

20240131_152357.jpg

20240131_152416.jpg

20240131_152504.jpg

20240131_214917.jpg

20240131_152529.jpg

Edited by Gordonwis
  • Like 4

ICE 4 from Neil Cresswell at the Alton show this weekend

Required for my new Thunerseebahn layout booked for the SRS AGM in April

Starter set plus 3 coach add on - immediately amalgamated in to the 'book' case 

20240205_003726.jpg

20240205_000509.jpg

• Like 5

9 hours ago, Gordonwis said:

ICE 4 from Neil Cresswell at the Alton show this weekend

Required for my new Thunerseebahn layout booked for the SRS AGM in April

Starter set plus 3 coach add on - immediately amalgamated in to the 'book' case 

20240205_003726.jpg

20240205_000509.jpg

Thats really nice set Gordon. I’ve been tempted by this one but also the latest liveried TGV Lyria. Decisions decisions…!

Have I missed your Thunerseebahn layout on here?

Best regards,

Jeremy

14 hours ago, cornish trains jez said:

Thats really nice set Gordon. I’ve been tempted by this one but also the latest liveried TGV Lyria. Decisions decisions…!

Have I missed your Thunerseebahn layout on here?

Best regards,

Jeremy

No, still working on fettling the layout to ready it for the SRS AGM.

The ICE4 should be 12 coaches but my Thunersee layout is compact so I felt 7 cars would be  a good compromise so I made the purchase (but not before I'd ventured outside the hall to get phone connectivity for a quick internet search for  pictorial confirmation that green stripe ICE4 run/have run at some point to Interlaken.   

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Gordonwis said:

No, still working on fettling the layout to ready it for the SRS AGM.

The ICE4 should be 12 coaches but my Thunersee layout is compact so I felt 7 cars would be  a good compromise so I made the purchase (but not before I'd ventured outside the hall to get phone connectivity for a quick internet search for  pictorial confirmation that green stripe ICE4 run/have run at some point to Interlaken.   

Good to shout to check for prototypical info. I’m sure I’ve spotted this version in some of the Swiss railways videos I’ve seen recently.

Having slightly rekindled my interest in Swiss metre-gauge recently with the Broc Branch thread, I couldn't help doing a few eBay searches to see what was out there.

Not quite my core interest, but I found this for sale and snapped it up:

IMG_3376.jpg.01423027e35f1517a87816fb98c591f6.jpg

These books were published as a 4-volume set in the 1990s and I previously had volumes 1, 3 and 4 but had been unable to find a volume 2. Now I have the full set :-)

Having just had a look at it, I never realised there were so many variants of Mohrenkopfe!

However, also on eBay I decided this model was a 'bit' beyond my budget (despite the real thing having run on the Broc Branch for the centenary celebrations):

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/325998905591

• Like 6