The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Tina Turner has died .

Sidecar Racer

• RMweb Premium

Rest in peace Anna Mae. God bless you for all the joy you have brought to the world.

57 years after I first heard it, River Deep Mountain High is still one of my top tunes of all time.

I'll  now have it as my ''ear worm'' for a fortnight.

Regards, Rich

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium

I can't say I was such a fan of her music but she was a remarkable performer and personality who left her mark on the world. Even as someone who wasn't such a fan of her music I loved her performances.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, The Johnster said:

A true talent, which will be missed.  I will remember her primarily as the Acid Queen in the movie version of The Who's Tommy; geniunely disturbing!  RIP, Anna Mae.

Totally forgot she had a part in 'Tommy'!

As well as her recording career I thought she held her own and made 'Mad Max: Thunderdome' a better movie than it could've been as Auntie.

Cracking theme song too that has improved with age.

C6T.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
12 hours ago, Classsix T said:

Totally forgot she had a part in 'Tommy'!

As well as her recording career I thought she held her own and made 'Mad Max: Thunderdome' a better movie than it could've been as Auntie.

Cracking theme song too that has improved with age.

Definitely the worst Mad Max film, Tina Turner though was one of its saving graces.

• Like 1

The "Nutbush City limits" dance has been part of every school dance, engagement party, 21st birthday etc - pretty much wherever theres a Mobile DJ becuase by law they have to have a copy of it  - here since the 70' disco era.

Nothing fills a dancefloor like it other than perhaps  the Hokey Cokey, and everyone just instantly knows how to do it from birth.

https://www.news.com.au/entertainment/music/why-aussies-are-so-obsessed-with-tina-turners-classic-hit-the-nutbush/news-story/66503657e917640efaab05f1c8958fa2

She was also the face of National Rugby League here in the 90's and was the pre-match entertainer at the 1993 Grand Final  so add to all that her  being in  Mad Max and  she has a massive place in Australian culture and helped make us who we are today.

Edited by monkeysarefun
  • Like 3

11 hours ago, Reorte said:

Definitely the worst Mad Max film, Tina Turner though was one of its saving graces.

I've grown rather fond of it, thought the Tom Hardy/Charlize Theron reboot was a pile of toss however.

C6T.

• Agree 2

34 minutes ago, Classsix T said:

I've grown rather fond of it, thought the Tom Hardy/Charlize Theron reboot was a pile of toss however.

C6T.

A National Disgrace, though it wasn't filmed in Australia cos we'd had heaps of rain and the desert had flowers in it that would have spoiled the apocalypse  effects so we can disown it though they tried to win us back  by letting us buy the cars and stuff.

https://www.lloydsauctions.com.au/madmax/

Edited by monkeysarefun
  • Like 1