LMS 10000

I've lost the L from one side of my LMS version.

Anyone know where I might possibly get lettering for these models ?

I know it's probably a shot in the dark but I thought I'd ask anyway ?

Thanks.

24 minutes ago, No Decorum said:

I may be wrong but I thought the Bachmann ones had the letters and numbers moulded on.

I have the Hattons ones.

6 minutes ago, Free At Last said:

I imagine this being posted in a Bachmann topic caused the confusion.

I did a search on here & posted in the latest LMS Twins thread I could find.

I did find a Hattons/ Dapol Twins thread but the last post was in 2011.

I'll search again.

1 hour ago, Hal Nail said:

Fox do sets. Not cheap for one letter and I'd probably make one personally but its an option.

https://www.fox-transfers.co.uk/lettering-and-numbering-set-lms-10000-and-10001-65704

Thanks for that.

I'll take a look.

EDIT  I took a look at the FOX product & it is expensive just for one L.

I made an L from thin plasticard & when i painted it a metallic silver it looks fine.

No one will be putting it under a magnifying glass.

If it was one of the other letters then that would have been a different matter.

I'll keep the FOX product in mind in case I lose another letter.

Edited by amdaley
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, amdaley said:

Thanks for that.

I'll take a look.

EDIT  I took a look at the FOX product & it is expensive just for one L.

I made an L from thin plasticard & when i painted it a metallic silver it looks fine.

No one will be putting it under a magnifying glass.

If it was one of the other letters then that would have been a different matter.

I'll keep the FOX product in mind in case I lose another letter.

The main thing is that you got it sorted.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Apologies if this has had been covered, but are there any plans for a rerun of the twins in LMS? I think these were originally limited to Rails, but surely by now are main range?

• RMweb Gold
Posted (edited)

There was a main release re-run of both of them in the black/silver livery a couple years ago (maybe about 2019?)  but I don't think 10000 with the "LMS" on the side was part of that release.

Funnily enough the new N gauge ones are slightly more advanced tooling with the independant lights compared with the old school OO versions.

Edited by Kaput
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
On 04/04/2024 at 18:03, 50025 said:

Apologies if this has had been covered, but are there any plans for a rerun of the twins in LMS? I think these were originally limited to Rails, but surely by now are main range?

worth keeping a regular eye here:

https://clarkrailworks.com/collections/new-arrivals

as they do pop up reasonably regularly for sale s/h.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, a model of 10001 in BR Green with egg shell blue waistbands based on Bachmann 31-996 before it received a small yellow warning panel would be good. Thanks Fred

• Like 1

On 19/04/2024 at 13:32, Fredo said:

Hi, a model of 10001 in BR Green with egg shell blue waistbands based on Bachmann 31-996 before it received a small yellow warning panel would be good. Thanks Fred

As would a match to Bachmann 31-995, being the first green livery with orange and black lining. IIRC they did 10000 in this, but to get the pair would be nice. I've looked at trying to modify the raised number however highly likely this would just end up a mess!

John.

Edited by John Tomlinson
clarity

3 hours ago, John Tomlinson said:

As would a match to Bachmann 31-995, being the first green livery with orange and black lining. IIRC they did 10000 in this, but to get the pair would be nice. I've looked at trying to modify the raised number however highly likely this would just end up a mess!

John.

I thought I'd seen a set of raised metal letters for LMS and numbers for 10000/1 somewhere.

May have been in 7mm though.

• Thanks 1

On 19/04/2024 at 13:32, Fredo said:

Or buy whichever one comes up for sale at the right price, and buy a replacement body shell of the Bachmann spares website. That's what I did, 2 models for the price of one and a half!

• RMweb Gold
On 20/04/2024 at 23:32, PieGuyRob said:

Or buy whichever one comes up for sale at the right price, and buy a replacement body shell of the Bachmann spares website. That's what I did, 2 models for the price of one and a half!

exactly!

good way to change identities--

https://Bachmann-spares.co.uk/category/1-branchline-diesel-parts/lms-10000-10001/body-parts

• Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1