Bodmin Moor

Gedward

• RMweb Premium

To me, A looks like a dead tree with two trunks, which seems odd. B looks like a dead tree with one trunk that has fallen down, which makes more sense.

• Thanks 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• RMweb Premium
9 hours ago, Gedward said:

Sometimes it's hard to be objective. Which one works better do you think, A or B?

Thanks to everyone who took part in the survey. I asked the question because I think they both work in their own way. The trees have brass rod in the bases which is plugged into brass tubing, so it's easy enough to swap them around as the mood takes me.

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium
20 minutes ago, Schooner said:

Just catching up - blow me that looks good!

Ummm, A sorry! (I think, any chance of a full frontal to have a look at framing/composition?)

Thanks very much. I'll be posting some finished images in a week or so, once the backscene is done. But for now the only ones I have are on the previous page, sans trees.

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium

Finally the modelling is done on this. Just the backscene now, which is about 90% done so far.

BM model done_01 copy.jpg

Edited by Gedward
  • Like 7
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Craftsmanship/clever 7
  • Round of applause 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

Right now working on two of these Dapol 16T. Still lots to do but I think it's getting there.

Wagon_02.jpg

Edited by Gedward
  • Like 14
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
14 minutes ago, cctransuk said:

Is there a reason why the load / number and tare weight are at the opposite ends to that prescribed by BR?

CJI.

Good spot 😀

• Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Premium
7 minutes ago, 34006 said:

Love the texture of the rust.

Phil

Thanks Phil. This is my first ever attempt at weathering. I watched several videos and read a couple of books then just dived in. Quite pleased with how they turned out.

• Like 4
  • Round of applause 1

10 hours ago, cctransuk said:

Is there a reason why the load / number and tare weight are at the opposite ends to that prescribed by BR?

CJI.

Obvious question - are they OK on the other side?!

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, Gedward said:

After the rain comes sun.

Wagon_04.jpg

Lowish sun shining beneath the cloud cover to side light the wagons. brilliant - I like the representation of the field system and the tob on the stone hedge - out of curiosity, are the sides of the hedge vertical or have you made it with a batter i.e.: with a wider bottom and a slope or thee stage arc as it rises and narrows to the top?  I'm thinking of making a short length (4mm scale) that I can make a mould from to cast as many lengths as I need.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1