TT120: HST

Phil Parker

Another excellent looking model! I’m pleasantly surprised how good these are, considering Andy said these were Railroad standard models when Hornby first unveiled their TT range. I’m sitting on the fence at the moment, but if this is the standard to expect, I could be very tempted to give TT a go! 

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
8 hours ago, Phil Parker said:

You can tell they are quick shots, because I didn't notice it was off the track in the first one...

I don't blame the photographer, I blame the trackwork!🙂

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Johan DC said:

I don't blame the photographer, I blame the trackwork!🙂

Blame the person (not me) interrupting the guy putting the train on at the start of the day. It was soon running around the layout. 

• Like 2

• 3 months later...
10 hours ago, GenericRMWebUsername said:

These are going to be fantastic! I know Hornby has a shortage of power banks currently, but I do wonder if the power bank will fit in the HST without modification. If the wire can make it to the back of the locomotive, it should fit no problem. 

The wires on the stay alive are more than long enough. Hopefully more of the future releases will have this kind of space available!

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
11 hours ago, jonnyuk said:

My hst set is on the way and the coaches are been picked, so fingers crossed should have the set by Monday, train pack by Friday .

Can a correct rake be made? Or is it like the Pullmans, only a couple of versions? 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Steamport Southport said:

Full sets of eight trailer cars plus the two DMBs.

The Inter City one seems to be a NE/SW set judging by the numbers.

Seriously tempted....

Jason

Exactly right. 

If Hornby didn't intend to release prototypical HST trains, I wouldn't have hopped onto the scale. It indicates a level of seriousness and commitment from them. These are real trains they're releasing, and not some cheap train set. It's an important distinction. 

• Like 4

• RMweb Premium

For me, this would be the game changer to push me into TT if I was planning a British layout. An excellent model of an iconic train.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

On 02/03/2024 at 09:35, moawkwrd said:

Looks like a fine model - getting excited now for my BR Blue set on preorder!

Yes indeed! Anyone got a clear idea of when we can expect them? I think someone said April, which is now excitingly close. Although I also thought someone said the matching blue and grey MK3 carriages might be a few months behind the Class 43s themselves.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

mine arrived on friday. had a quick to make sure all was present before putting back in the box. i'll have a proper look tomorrow and post some pics.

first impressions, very good livery application, just the right amount of detail, good weight to the both cars, i would say the bogies could be better but then given the size maybe the seperate detail is not needed, swings and around abouts.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, andrewshimmin said:

Yes indeed! Anyone got a clear idea of when we can expect them? I think someone said April, which is now excitingly close. Although I also thought someone said the matching blue and grey MK3 carriages might be a few months behind the Class 43s themselves.

The last we heard it was March/April. It should either be on this next boat or the one right after. And the Mk 3 coaches will arrive with the corresponding HST power cars. By the end of April, Hornby should have delivered all Class 43s and Mk3s. Then onto Class 50s and Mk2s! 

• Like 1

Aaaarrgghhh!!!

Just received my HST pack. The models look fantastic.

However, my power car is dead. When power is applied, the lights come on and change direction but not even the slightest buzz from the motor.

I was wondering whether anyone else has had similar issues - maybe just a bit of wiring gone awry?

Would it invalidate the guarantee if I open it up to have a look?

Cheers for any advice,

Michael

8 hours ago, Michanglais said:

Aaaarrgghhh!!!

Just received my HST pack. The models look fantastic.

However, my power car is dead. When power is applied, the lights come on and change direction but not even the slightest buzz from the motor.

I was wondering whether anyone else has had similar issues - maybe just a bit of wiring gone awry?

Would it invalidate the guarantee if I open it up to have a look?

Cheers for any advice,

Michael

You might have 2 unpowered cars. 🙂

Edited by Mike Harvey

38 minutes ago, Mike Harvey said:

You might have 2 unpowered cars. :-)

lol

Fortunately not! I took an executive decision to remove the body of the powered car and noticed that the blanking plate didn't seem to be sitting right. Once removed and reinserted, the car functions fine. I've not put the body back on yet because I want to fit DCC/sound but I can't see anything in the shell that would have pressed on the blanking plate. 

Just one of those things, I guess!

• Like 4