MTK Class 109 “Wickham” DMU

Darius43

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Darius43 said:

Glazing installed to motor coach and buffer beam details fitted.

IMG_1005.jpeg.b95543a3e070c4f9c9818ee72685c5fc.jpeg

IMG_1006.jpeg.3f82b3aafd7532a81e43ef6bac55c805.jpeg

IMG_1007.jpeg.caa5778a351b6976caee5a3de9489979.jpeg

IMG_1008.jpeg.7bc4f083fb42416c9c201ba11f798c94.jpeg

IMG_1009.jpeg.cad5e55efed5084389de699868f87bc9.jpeg

IMG_1010.jpeg.fa676ef431150d8c79d833fa2f3b8ad5.jpeg

Cheers

Darius

Wow, that is really good - well done. If it runs as well as it looks you should be very pleased with it

• Agree 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Round of applause 1

• RMweb Gold

I'm prepared to stick my neck out here Darius and say I don't think anyone has ever come even close to building the MTK Wickham as well as that. Considering what you started with that is really special. Well done you,

Best wishes

Alastair M 

Edited by A Murphy
  • Like 1
  • Agree 8
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, A Murphy said:

I'm prepared to stick my neck out here Darius and say I don't think anyone has ever come even close to building the MTK Wickham as well as that. Considering what you started with that is really special. Well done you,

Best wishes

Alastair M 

It is indeed an excellent build.

I built (and subsequently sold) an MTK DMU back in the early 1980s, using much the same methods; (BRCW of one type or the other).

MTK DMU kits, contrary to popular belief, are not bad at all. As we have seen, provided methodical workmanship is applied to them, a very nice model can quite quickly be the result.

I have an MTK Park Royal DMU kit in the stache - with this thread as inspiration, it may well make an early appearance!

CJI.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

And to think this was still a box of bits 13 days ago!

To build and finish one of these kits so well and so quickly is outstanding - well done Darius! As @cctransuk says, you provide inspiration to those of us out here sitting on our own pile of projects wondering if we'll ever obtain the necessary round tuits......maybe it's simply 'don't think about it, just do it' 😁!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
51 minutes ago, Halvarras said:

maybe it's simply 'don't think about it, just do it' 😁!

That is excellent advice - and is probably the only way I get around to building anything 😀

Cheers

Darius

Edited by Darius43
  • Like 3
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold

Considering that my one and only foray into MTK kit building lays mouldering in it's box due to the impossibility of it's eventual completion, I am always in awe of modellers who can build one and make even a half decent fist of making it look like an acceptable representation of the prototype, but to have achieved what you have is excellent, and in double quick time too, most impressive.

Mike.

• Like 3
  • Agree 2
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...