Blacksmith Models

Tim Dubya

• RMweb Premium
33 minutes ago, Miss Prism said:

Is there a (non-FB) means of contacting Mark Seward, or perhaps he wants to keep incognito until he gets some of the stuff a bit more sorted.

Not that I'm aware of.  He is very keen to get our wants lists and I've suggested he join us here (if he isn't already) and reach out to the Societies, S4S, EMGS etc.

Edit:  Mark is a member and will be in touch in good time 👍

This is such good news, whatever your poison!

Edited by Tim Dubya
  • Like 5
  • Agree 2

• RMweb Gold

Brilliant news, having bought a few bits from Mark previously via the  (very good) GWR Facebook page, confident the range is in safe hands.  Really looking forward to kits becoming available, I really want the Q4 (I think) inspection saloon with open veranda which I know was in the range, am I right in thinking the whitewash coach was in their range as well?

No doubt there are more as well that are on my wants list.

TBH I dont overly care about the castings as I can just print my own anyway

• Like 3
  • Agree 1

11 hours ago, wainwright1 said:

So there is hope for the SE & CR coaches to return as well.

All the best

Ray

there is hope for everything in time 

although it has to make me some money (or at least get my investment back) so one direction i may look at is expressions of interest in the same way we did the 4mm 15xx with Warren Shepard on the GWR modellers FB page

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold
19 hours ago, craneman said:

It would be really nice to see the GWR bogie tool and mess van available again!

I’d forgotten that was in the Blacksmith range, I think that’s what I need to  run with my  Bachmann R&R crane once it’s renumbered to the one that was at Swindon in47 (meaning I can switch the 4 wheel Newton abbot pair to go with my Oxford crane once it appears 

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
7 minutes ago, Clearwater said:

Is there a list of what’s in the Blacksmith range?

From a GWR perspective the kits list on GWR.org would do it.  Would be good to see a full list of GW options as I’m sure there are more on my to do list mixed in…

I’ve built 4 of their kits so far:

Siphon J (for which I used a Lima roof)

O13 milk brake

K18 full brake

M13 

Certainly make up into nice models, though there are some very odd design choices (the one piece sides and floor was always a pain forming tumblehomes and I hated the roofs and ended up replacing most of them with MJT parts.

• Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 1

13 hours ago, The Fatadder said:

From a GWR perspective the kits list on GWR.org would do it.  Would be good to see a full list of GW options as I’m sure there are more on my to do list mixed in…

I’ve built 4 of their kits so far:

Siphon J (for which I used a Lima roof)

O13 milk brake

K18 full brake

M13 

Certainly make up into nice models, though there are some very odd design choices (the one piece sides and floor was always a pain forming tumblehomes and I hated the roofs and ended up replacing most of them with MJT parts.

There were others, not just GWR kits. Several LNWR carriages, Railmotor and in the "Limited Editions" a six wheel fish van.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
On 01/12/2023 at 19:15, Miss Prism said:

Is there a (non-FB) means of contacting Mark Seward, or perhaps he wants to keep incognito until he gets some of the stuff a bit more sorted.

He is not setting up a website at the moment - which will obviously restrict his sales.... His first show will be at Alton in February. I wish him well and hope he is able to build a good range....

• Like 3
  • Agree 2

On 02/12/2023 at 04:15, Miss Prism said:

I agree. I admit to being an unskilled user of social media but even my kids cannot find him on Facebook.

Mike Wiltshire

7 hours ago, Coach bogie said:

I agree. I admit to being an unskilled user of social media but even my kids cannot find him on Facebook.

Mike Wiltshire

or you can message me here  

it may be a few days before i get back to anyone but i will

Mark

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

This is good news.

I’m in need of a 70’ first class coach for one of the formations I’m hoping to assemble, the Blacksmith 401005 should do it, but I keep being outbid on the rare ones that surface on Ebay. It would be great if this was to become available, the etch is the most important thing to me, if other components are a problem there are probably enough castings and interior bits in my coach building box and I generally go for RTR or 3D printed bogies.

Hopefully a website will emerge in good time, I can’t be doing with soshul meeja – it’s not that I’m a technophobe, it’s just that I haven’t got any mates…

Edited by Star-rider
  • Like 2

This is good news. I, too, need the GWR 70' All First. I had one years ago and then the chap I gave it to to build it "lost" it. Grr. It's one of the major ommissions in my Grouping era GW layout stock.  

For pre-Grouping, I'd be equally interested in GW, LNWR and SE&CR stock.

I wonder if a list of what may possibly become available could be produced, then that could garner expressions of wishes for specific items.  

Good to see one of the lost ranges returning.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, Star-rider said:

This is good news.

I’m in need of a 70’ first class coach for one of the formations I’m hoping to assemble, the Blacksmith 401005 should do it, but I keep being outbid on the rare ones that surface on Ebay. It would be great if this was to become available, the etch is the most important thing to me, if other components are a problem there are probably enough castings and interior bits in my coach building box and I generally go for RTR or 3D printed bogies.

Hopefully a website will emerge in good time, I can’t be doing with soshul meeja – it’s not that I’m a technophobe, it’s just that I haven’t got any mates…

2 hours ago, Edwardian said:

This is good news. I, too, need the GWR 70' All First. I had one years ago and then the chap I gave it to to build it "lost" it. Grr. It's one of the major ommissions in my Grouping era GW layout stock.  

For pre-Grouping, I'd be equally interested in GW, LNWR and SE&CR stock.

I wonder if a list of what may possibly become available could be produced, then that could garner expressions of wishes for specific items.  

Good to see one of the lost ranges returning.

i may have the etches for these in stock ive not completly checked what i have yet stock wise if not ill do a batch in the new year

im looking at doing both etch only and complete kits but castings may be the issue to start with as finding the correct moulds for parts needed takes time

i will replace some castings with 3d prints 

Mark

• Like 10

Mark,

Thanks for thread-watching and your quick response.

If and when the etch for the 70’ First is available drop me a PM with the cost and if it’s not too outrageous we can sort out a payment.

As mentioned above I’m not too stressed about castings, I think I can work round that from a stash of left-over Comet components.

Pete.

• Like 1