Obvious RTR models missing from peoples collections/wish lists

Blobrick

• RMweb Gold
12 hours ago, frobisher said:

Particular locos are on the list; But it would seem that Dapol are able to produce (in N, can't find any details of their Black Label 00 models at the moment)

2S-011-008A3 Flying Scotsman 60103 BR Green Late Crest (As Preserved) 

2S-008-016A4 Valanced Mallard 4468 Garter Blue & 4 Gresley Teak Coaches 

2S-008-017A4 Sir Nigel Gresley 60007 BR Express Blue E/C as preserved 

Which might suggest the licences are not that exclusive (to a particular scale at best)

Also, Bachmann also produce;

32-550DLNER A1 60163 'Tornado' BR Lined Green (Late Crest)

And have previously done 5 versions of it, ditto Mallard, Sir Nigel Gresley and Bittern I'm suspecting many of those licences are non-exclusive.

Just been through the list, and couldn't find the word "exclusive" anywhere. It would seem strange (to me, at least) not to use the word if it was applicable, as it would confer some kudos on the holder.

Not the sort of thing I'd expect Hornby to be reticent about!

AIUI, licences are required for any product based on a NRM loco, be it a model, a fudge tin, or whatever, and they presumably come up for renewal/renegotiation at intervals, anyway. Just like Premier League TV Rights....

John

Edited by Dunsignalling
  • Like 1

On 21/01/2024 at 21:29, frobisher said:

If you're going to do any one of those, there are obvious bolt ons;

• 312 - 310
  • 313 and 315 - 314, 507 and 508
  • 317 - 318, 455, 456

Well then it should be an easy win for the manufacturers. Where do I sign up for pre orders?

On 11/01/2024 at 19:15, GONK43 said:

Well considering Bachmann already have released the class 44`s in BR Blue, 44 004, 005, 006, 008, I am surprised that no others have been released, i.e 44 001, 002 etc. This is a fairly easy thing to do, re numbering only. Probably the market too small to warrant doing this, so we do it ourselves.

Have converted a 21 pin to 44 008, so now has lighting functions. bought a grimy times 21 pin converted to 44 002.

Can't be that small otherwise Heljan wouldn't be tooling up a new 44!

• Agree 1