Obvious RTR models missing from peoples collections/wish lists

Blobrick

14 hours ago, Rich Uncle Skeleton said:

A decent Austerity tank. 

That there's a choice in indecent models, and a large choice of more attractive alternative 'industrials' probably not doing much for its chances? 

1 hour ago, Rich Uncle Skeleton said:

The LMS dock tank.

That honour guard of shunters definitely gives it added cachet.

I am with all the other parties suggesting that the commonplace significant volume 0-6-0 types be prioritised.

How many of us have to sign up to get this debated in Parliament? We could ask for a bill requiring all brands active in RTR OO production to knock out an accurate model of a UK 0-6-0 with no RTR model currently available, once per decade. That'll fix it. Possibly...

• Like 4
  • Round of applause 1

1 hour ago, Rich Uncle Skeleton said:

The LMS dock tank.  Always liked the old minitrix one.

LMS 'Dock Tank' 7109

Interesting, but I don't think I want one.  It never escaped from LMS/BR ownership and only worked LMS associated docks.

The driver doesn't look impressed with his steed, the shunters don't look happy either.

One hopes that the photographers case in the foreground isn't ticking...

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Premium

I see there have been a few calls for class 304 and 303 EMUs. Wot about some GER/LTSR EMUs. There were only 45 built of the bouncy AM4s and they came in 2 major varieties, where as there were 112 AM2s (2 more than the combined 303 and 311 fleet), 92 slippery door stock (AM6) and 55 3car AM5s. Before you add up the smaller classes.......and the Clacton and Walton sets.

• Like 4
  • Agree 3

2 hours ago, Hroth said:

The driver doesn't look impressed with his steed, the shunters don't look happy either.

It's a classic look for 'Get on with it, we've got a real job to do, and soonest done, soonest we get to have a cuppa and a smoke in the cabin.'. I think the younger one may be A Hilter during his period of residence in Liverpool.

18 minutes ago, 34theletterbetweenB&D said:

It's a classic look for 'Get on with it, we've got a real job to do, and soonest done, soonest we get to have a cuppa and a smoke in the cabin.'. I think the younger one may be A Hilter during his period of residence in Liverpool.

Quite a common look in that era. I found one of my relatives with a toothbrush moustache in an old photo and that was Liverpool in the 1920s!

However I think it's Scotland though. So probably a dour Scot.

Jason

• RMweb Premium

Small Great Western pre-grouping tanks suitable for branch lines  - saddle tank 2021/850, Metro, 517, rather than the much heavier 57xx and 2721classes.

Outside frame Great Western locos Bulldog  or Duke or 3521 4-4-0 tender locos

Edited by rprodgers
correction
  • Like 2

I feel one thing that's a big missing item is LBSCR coaches, namely bogie coaches.

Both Hatton's and Hornby's LBSCR four- and six-wheel coaches in mahogany livery are only appropriate for Terriers (as far as RTR goes) in IEG up to 1899.

The LBSCR changed over to umber and white for coaches in 1903 and full umber in 1911.

Bachmann have made the LBSCR E4, H1 and H2 in beautiful (post-1905) Marsh umber. Rapido's upcoming E1 (mostly goods but did do passenger work at times) will have two different locomotives in Marsh umber. Where is the stock to run with these locomotives? 

• Like 3
  • Agree 1

20 hours ago, proton said:

On the coaching stock front:

A Mark 1 RKB diagram 25

An aircon BFK Mark 2d,e ,or f

Both would be really useful, although the aircon would be slightly too modern formy personal time frame.  RTR Mk 1 catering vehicles would fit really well into the Accurascale portfolio in my view but also with manufacturers and purveyors or aircon Mk2s and Mk3s actually.

4 hours ago, Phatbob said:

Can I add a Mark 1 BFK to that list please?

I would certainly second a Mk1 BfK in maroon.

Mine would have a dual purpose - as a 1960s passenger brake vehicle as well as one of the pair based on the Chasewater railway and used in regular service with a class117 DMU trailer on the passenger service.

• Like 2

I would like to see Bachman release their class 150 DMU in the Wessex trains livery. This in my opinion was the best livery to be applied to the class 150 in a nice red with images of local destinations that the units served when under Wessex trains. I have had my fingers crossed for this livery for years! 😂

• Agree 1

No doubt it’s been said 48 (or even 480) times before but………..

CLASS 116 DMU please - various ‘proper’ colours please - various shades of green, lined, unlined with white cab tops, speed whiskers, syp; early blue with syp, red buffer beams, burnt umber below bodyside and white cab top; blue fyp, grey cab top. That probably covers WR, LMR, NER, ER, ScR up till and beyond 1970. also headcode/non headcode variants. 

You could also look at non-gangwayed and the later (starting with Valley Lines) gangwayed conversions.

Umpteen liveries beyond that, which are way beyond my sphere of operation (or even comprehension/knowledge) 🤣

Seems like a potentially huge scope and operational spread!!

Edited by MidlandRed
  • Like 2
  • Agree 3

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, Barry O said:

A B16, some NER/ BR coaches to go with the TMC G5??

Baz

B16 one of the few commercially sensible suggestions on this thread I think - long lived, reasonably wide ranging, multiple variations using a common chassis, carried both 'pretty/collector friendly' liveries and perhaps most importantly from a sales perspective lasted into the BR late crest, green diesel crossover period. 

• Agree 5

• RMweb Premium
12 hours ago, Barry O said:

Baz

And in N!  (OK, I know that the coaches are a bigger stretch than even the loco, but there’s only so much you can do by hacking about the Langley N clerestory kit😄)

Richard

Edited by RichardT
Previous edit disappeared…

9 hours ago, Barry O said:

Baz

We've discussed a RTR B16 in the recent past, along with A8s & Raven Atlantics, of course. Big potential problem, of course, would be clearance between the bogie wheels & the cylinders.

NER coaches? Ooh, yes, both clerestory and "normal" roofed stock.

Mark

• Friendly/supportive 1

2 hours ago, MarkC said:

We've discussed a RTR B16 in the recent past, along with A8s & Raven Atlantics, of course. Big potential problem, of course, would be clearance between the bogie wheels & the cylinders.

NER coaches? Ooh, yes, both clerestory and "normal" roofed stock.

Mark

I’ve got two DJH ones (B16) though, and would happily have an RTR polished up version of their compromises 

Edited by Helmdon