Class 180 DMU by Rapido?

sirwilliamfrs

• sirwilliamfrs changed the title to Class 180 DMU by Rapido?

Would be a bit odd to announce one given that Revolution are fairly advanced in their development of such a model in N and OO.

And it would be strange to hint at it from the North American side of the business, not exactly the market for UK model announcements.

• Agree 2

We don't know who's factory RevolutioN are using for these models, Rapido did the N gauge Pendolino for them.

Regardless of whether they are involved with the 175/180 units by RevolutioN, I don't think Rapido are the type of company to duplicate an already announced model especially when it's a company they have had an association with already, it would be very poor form.

• RMweb Gold

I would have thought BART may have a more intl appeal, millions of tourist holidays in san francisco would have started and ended on a BART from SFO.. much more than regular US railroad stock.

(I would say the same about HEX to, but the railroad manufacturers are scared of Electrostar too, though admittedly thats only since 2017).

Edited by adb968008
  • Like 2

• RMweb Premium

You're not wrong. I've never even been to the US, and yet when they announced the BART stock I seriously considered trying to get a set.

Luckily my head ruled my heart, because that really would have been a luxury purchase for me 😄

• RMweb Gold
7 minutes ago, adb968008 said:

I would have thought BART may have a more intl appeal, millions of tourist holidays in san francisco would have started and ended on a BART from SFO.. much more than regular US railroad stock.

(I would say the same about HEX to, but the railroad manufacturers are scared of Electrostar too, though admittedly thats only since 2017).

Agree with you about BART though along with the Class 180 Revolution are also offering the Electrostar Class 375/9 units...

cheers

Ben A.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
6 minutes ago, Revolution Ben said:

Agree with you about BART though along with the Class 180 Revolution are also offering the Electrostar Class 375/9 units...

cheers

Ben A.

Your just making me jealous now…

😀

But you could pump up the size of Electrostar a little ?..around 1:76

Those PEPs at warley were absolutely fantastic.

Edited by adb968008
  • Like 1
  • Funny 1

43 minutes ago, adb968008 said:

Where can I buy Rapido US, here in the UK ?

BART specifically i’m interested in, but Rails hasnt listed it.

I pre-ordered an Amtrak RTG direct from Rapido UK. It only took a phone call. They do have a north american products page on the website.  https://rapidotrains.co.uk/north-american-products/

Edited by Mike Harvey
  • Like 1