RMweb

MTK Class 404 4-GRI

• RMweb Premium

It has come out well, a good layout EMU.

Need a 4COR to go with it now.

Shows what can be done to an MTK kit with a bit of thought and planning, nearly said time!!!!

Look sgood,

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

Thread started 23rd January - model completed 23rd February.

I reckon you must live in some kind of quantum realm which makes your days longer than everyone else's! It doesn't seem to matter how many vehicles are involved, or the complexity - window frame overlays on this one - all you seem to require per kit is one month (standard Earth time equivalent!)

Stunning result (again) and as others have said, probably your best one yet. I get a sense that you're on a roll with your MTK stash.....!

• Agree 5
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, Halvarras said:

I reckon you must live in some kind of quantum realm which makes your days longer than everyone else's! It doesn't seem to matter how many vehicles are involved, or the complexity - window frame overlays on this one - all you seem to require per kit is one month (standard Earth time equivalent!)

Well, you see, it’s like this.  I’ve got this portrait in the attic…

Cheers

Darius

• Like 1
  • Round of applause 1
  • Funny 9

• RMweb Gold
46 minutes ago, Enterprisingwestern said:

Anyway, it must now be time for the what's next poll?

Although I wouldn't blame you for actually getting on with some of your own modelling instead of impressing and humbling us lesser mortals!

Mike.

IMG_0198.jpeg.c4a13324c2966785f341e5c73b1cd3ea.jpeg

IMG_0200.jpeg.cb311eac3bb0f8fcd98d86f0acfdffd6.jpeg

IMG_0201.jpeg.1faa9f96ff48a0a283653439ffde94a0.jpeg

IMG_0202.jpeg.4d7d28a49a1fc4e1b585af8d1eec0a72.jpegIMG_2191.jpeg.7006d271bcf7715a509c4b8e61b3b8ec.jpeg

IMG_2192.jpeg.73250877840325d76432af4a9aa5623c.jpeg

Any requests?

Cheers

Darius

Edited by Darius43
  • Like 9
  • Funny 2

51 minutes ago, Darius43 said:

Well, you see, it’s like this.  I’ve got this portrait in the attic…

Cheers

Darius

29 minutes ago, Enterprisingwestern said:

But that was Dorian not Darius!!

Mike.

Dorian......Darius? Hmm, good point Mike, just coincidental, or........🤔?

At least when I built my Class 119 kit I really was only 23 😜!!

Dorian.....sorry I mean Darius (🤭), did you stock up on Hornby drive units and bogies - as well as a mountain of plasticard - in readiness for this MTK onslaught, while they were still available, possibly from Lendon's of Cardiff who sell these bogies at astonishingly low prices........when they have them? I've had a 2-BIL motor bogie on back order for a couple of years or more and I think I may have to wait until Hornby produce another batch of these EMUs to get hold of it - fortunately I'm in no rush, and by the time it arrives I think its purpose may have changed anyway!

• RMweb Gold
4 minutes ago, Halvarras said:

Dorian.....sorry I mean Darius (🤭), did you stock up on Hornby drive units and bogies - as well as a mountain of plasticard - in readiness for this MTK onslaught, while they were still available, possibly from Lendon's of Cardiff who sell these bogies at astonishingly low prices........when they have them? I've had a 2-BIL motor bogie on back order for a couple of years or more and I think I may have to wait until Hornby produce another batch of these EMUs to get hold of it - fortunately I'm in no rush, and by the time it arrives I think its purpose may have changed anyway!

I do have a few in the stash…

FullSizeRender.jpeg.716918a74618f65f89bd900c214f035c.jpeg

FullSizeRender.jpeg.fd8db5a07f5470f4395b1ad610c217c1.jpeg

Cheers

Darius

• Like 6
  • Round of applause 2

• RMweb Premium

Whatever it is it would beat me.

Got a 123 on the planning list.

My DMU sides take about a month to properly laminate.

• RMweb Gold

Alas it won’t be the 4DD - a peruse of 74009’s thread on building that kit will tell you why…

I have decided to take it easy a tad and build the 2-HAL Stores unit.

Cheers

Darius

• Like 4
  • Friendly/supportive 1

4 hours ago, Darius43 said:

Alas it won’t be the 4DD - a peruse of 74009’s thread on building that kit will tell you why…

Cheers

Darius

I have some pics of the Stores Unit 023 if you'd like some.

Here's a taster.

Dave.

2017-08-27-0027.jpg

2017-08-27-0003.jpg

• Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 2

• RMweb Gold

Hi Dave,

Yes please.  There are only a few that I can find on the web and the are not close up shots.  

I was wondering whether the interior had been stripped of the compartments and seating and what form the large door was - I see it’s a sliding door panel.

Cheers

Darius

8 hours ago, Darius43 said:

Cheers

Darius

At least that's another one not available RTR (I assume this is a consideration?)

You built the 4-GRI in 4 weeks so..........the 2-HAL should be done in a fortnight then. Oooh, hang on - no interiors.........12 days. No pressure........😁!

(Only kidding, as that wouldn't achieve the stated aim of taking it easy!)

As always I'll be following with interest. It's another reminder of just how many oddball subjects CM managed to cover in his MTK range.

• Like 1

@Darius43

@dasatcopthornehas other photos of the interior which he either posted previously on RMweb or he sent me, I can't remember which. They show that approximately half of the interior was compartmentalised, I'll leave it to him to give you the details.

• Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

16 hours ago, Darius43 said:

Hi Dave,

Yes please.  There are only a few that I can find on the web and the are not close up shots.  

I was wondering whether the interior had been stripped of the compartments and seating and what form the large door was - I see it’s a sliding door panel.

Cheers

Darius

Some compartments were left in place and each seemed to have differing stores parts in them. 

I'll get some pics prepared.

Dave.

• Thanks 1