Genesis Coaches Batch 2 - from Hattons to Rails

BrakeCoach

39 minutes ago, GreatNorthern6 said:

Has anyone received any updates from Rails on batch 2?

Hello,

I emailed Rails last week to ask what I needed to do to ensure that my orders would be transferred but have received no reply as yet. Will try 'phoning next week. Maybe this suggests that they have no information at present ?

Dave

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 2

Two schools of thought here.-

1. No news is good news 

or

2. Updates to those with orders ( via email) stops any negative thoughts regarding there orders.

Information regular or irregular keeps those with orders happy. 😊

Yes i have some on order as well.

Edited by johnd
  • Agree 1

My concerns in another thread 

Still feel squeamish but have located all my order numbers to bundle up and send off to Rails, but I get the impression there aren't processes in place to handle this information if they got it, @RailsOfSheffield please reassure us.

• Agree 2

• RMweb Gold

Well as no one has any news I’d stop worrying, they have to transfer stuff between two different systems and check it. If people were posting my orders sorted and weeks later you’ve heard nothing, that’s when to email Rails. Accurascale had some delays and spurious emails issued by the system when they sorted the warwells, Rapido & World of Railways had some issues but they got it sorted on theirs too. IT systems aren’t as compatible as they like to pretend when they sell them to you so transferring one from another must be a nightmare with some. 

• Like 2
  • Agree 4

I've emailed them a few times in the past weeks to try and get an update and not had any responses (which is disappointing considering all my experiences with their customer service in the past have been great). I did however see an interview they did with one of the questions being about batch 2 and they said they were on target for delivery in Q3/4 so (with my fingers tightly crossed) I would guess there are just no updates at this point.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

30 minutes ago, Oliver Rails said:

Hi, 

Sorry for the radio silence regarding the Genesis coaches.

We are waiting an update regarding production and aim to update customers as soon as we have this information.

The situation hasn't changed however, all Hatton's existing orders are secure. The plan is that once the coaches are imminent to arrive, the orders will be injected into our system which will generate invoices for customers to update any shipping details, choose postage and add payment details etc.

Our tech guys have been working on this to make it a smooth as possible.

As soon as we have firm details regarding delivery we will update everyone.

Many thanks for your patience 

Kind Regards
Oliver

Thanks for the timely update  its actually good to know what is going on in the background since Hattons closed down, will look forward to further timely updates, thanks again,, John 

• Like 2