Two Interesting Dublo Wagons - Are they HD originals ?

Stentor

Hi all,

Moving away from the is it Triang or not debate. Not sure how they were done. But they have been done with care and consistency. Accurate layout and clearly readable. I wish I was that talented.

• Agree 3

• 3 weeks later...

I'd like to hijack this thread to show this oddity I just discovered in one of my boxes of Dublo wagons

Its a Hornby-Dublo 4310 Midland Brake van (M730012)  moulded in what seems to be light olive green plastic. It should be grey and placed next to a standard Dublo GWR "Toad" brake van its tangibly different in tone

Could be a Wrenn body on a Dublo chassis I guess. 

2024-03-03 13.26.58.jpg

• RMweb Premium
27 minutes ago, Captain Slough said:

I'd like to hijack this thread to show this oddity I just discovered in one of my boxes of Dublo wagons

Hi Captain.

I'm pretty sure I've a couple of those with the ''green'' looking plastic. I'd always put it down to grubby fingers but having seen yours now I'm not so sure. When I get a minute I'll dig them out.

Looking closely at your picture the 'slot in' cabin door/ends seem to be in the lighter grey material or is it my ageing eyesight playing tricks?

Regards, Rich

• RMweb Gold
50 minutes ago, Captain Slough said:

Its a Hornby-Dublo 4310 Midland Brake van (M730012)  moulded in what seems to be light olive green plastic. It should be grey and placed next to a standard Dublo GWR "Toad" brake van its tangibly different in tone

Could be a Wrenn body on a Dublo chassis I guess. 

2024-03-03 13.26.58.jpg

Might just be a colour shift due to age. I've seen quite a few at swap-meets that look similar.

After all, it is at least sixty years old, and self-coloured plastics back then probably weren't as stable as they would be today.

John

• Agree 3

1 hour ago, TinTracks said:

Looking closely at your picture the 'slot in' cabin door/ends seem to be in the lighter grey material or is it my ageing eyesight playing tricks?

while it looks like that,its a trick of the camera.  I had the body off and every surface inside and out is exactly the same colour - I thought it might have been sunbleached but ruled that out after checking the inside edges

Colour shifting plastic is probably the explanation, thanks

• Thanks 1

Age of the plastic I've a similar one been boxed for years, like yours the inner removable sections are a different colour assuming from a different plastic batch