Peterborough North

great northern

Yes Simon, the view from there will soon be obstructed. As usual I didn't express myself very clearly.

No no, you did, I was merely hinting further and looking forward to seeing the station more complete. :)

I will be on the real Peterborough Station tomorrow lunchtime after a meeting - it'll be rather surreal to see the real thing after studying the model so much!

• Like 1

Gilbert, your model photography has come on in leaps and bounds and that heading shot of the BR Class 4 75060 is a classic...It looks so real on your excellent trackwork.

In response to your query, I have just found one set of etchings for the Midland D1281 corridor composite with recessed door handles as per your D1282. It looked similar to the Bachmann LMS D1694 composite.

Larry

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Gilbert, your model photography has come on in leaps and bounds and that heading shot of the BR Class 4 75060 is a classic...It looks so real on your excellent trackwork.

In response to your query, I have just found one set of etchings for the Midland D1281 corridor composite with recessed door handles as per your D1282. It looked similar to the Bachmann LMS D1694 composite.

Larry

Thanks Larry, please reserve that for me before anyone else gets in first!

• RMweb Premium

I too was blown away by the shot of the Standard Class 4 and it's train.

Have you done anything to the loco?

And I echo your sentiments regarding Tony and Little Bytham.

Thanks Jeff,

John Houlden weathered the loco, but apart from that it is standard Hornby.

After the months of imagining what they will be like....they are here......and well worth the wait I might add!

You really must be over the moon Gilbert, simply stunning!

Is Peter making the platforms?

Edited by Tom F

Gilbert

Other than seeing the canopy brackets when I received from the etchers I have been waiting with baited breath to see them on the model and they look great.

Here are a couple of pictures I took before sending the etches to Gravy Train.

post-6665-0-51195800-1324419864_thumb.jpg

post-6665-0-39243500-1324419874_thumb.jpg

post-6665-0-31195700-1324419885_thumb.jpg

post-6665-0-98931700-1324419896_thumb.jpg

post-6665-0-90350100-1324419909_thumb.jpg

Pete

• Like 9

• RMweb Premium

Gilbert

Other than seeing the canopy brackets when I received from the etchers I have been waiting with baited breath to see them on the model and they look great.

Here are a couple of pictures I took before sending the etches to Gravy Train.

post-6665-0-51195800-1324419864_thumb.jpg

post-6665-0-39243500-1324419874_thumb.jpg

post-6665-0-31195700-1324419885_thumb.jpg

post-6665-0-98931700-1324419896_thumb.jpg

post-6665-0-90350100-1324419909_thumb.jpg

Pete

Thanks for those Pete. It's nice to see them like that. It's a shame to have them half concealed, but I know they are there!

Hi Folks,

Many many thanks for the kind comments received its very encourageing, I must say tho that there is still some of the finer details to be added to the buildings, especially the canopy detiling on the island platform 6 and more painting required to cut it in sharply.

ther is also the arcade walling adjacent to the end of island platform 6 not to mention the weathering to tone it all down.

the photos look very however on one of the shots it looks like one of the stacks on the end of the building looks bent but it isn't they are all straight as is the whole building, that said i know that Gilbert has just took a few shots quicky just to show you the progress, I am shure he will take more photos, cheers Gilbert.

The idea was to have ago at the platforms today and to give the buildings to Gilbert to enjoy whilst the rest of the work carries on as opposed to them sitting on my workbench, i'm so pleased you like them Gilbert, by the way I arrived home at 11pm tonight took the wrong turning and ended up in Birmingham :-) only i could do that.

cheers

peter A L

Edited by Gravy Train
  • Like 4

Hi Folks,

Many many thanks for the kind comments received its very encourageing, I must say tho that there is still some of the finer details to be added to the buildings, especially the canopy detiling on the island platform 6 and more painting required to cut it in sharply.

ther is also the arcade walling adjacent to the end of island platform 6 not to mention the weathering to tone it all down.

the photos look very however on one of the shots it looks like one of the stacks on the end of the building looks bent but it isn't they are all straight as is the whole building, that said i know that Gilbert has just took a few shots quicky just to show you the progress, I am shure he will take more photos, cheers Gilbert.

The idea was to have ago at the platforms today and to give the buildings to Gilbert to enjoy whilst the rest of the work carries on as opposed to them sitting on my workbench, i'm so pleased you like them Gilbert, by the way I arrived home at 11pm tonight took the wrong turning and ended up in Birmingham :-) only i could do that.

cheers

peter A L

Well Peter,

we can't be good at everything and those Buildings are Amazing,I knew the old Peterborough Station very well and they are spot on. I am very good at navigation myself,Station Buildings............ Ludlow instead of the North East.

Have a great Xmas & New Year you deserve it.

Regards,Derek.

Now looking at this from my work computer instead of my iPhone, and I have to reiterate my use of the word "stunning". Pete's etches are magnificent too. When you think about the pieces which make up the whole, are on their own, masterpieces in their own right, the overall effect is greater. That quality of realism it has is breathtaking.

• Like 1

I logged on last night and saw these fantastic buildings for the first time - wow doesn't even come close! I've just had another look, this is truly modelling of the very highest order. Congratulations to Peter for producing such stunning work, also congrats to Gilbert for being the lucky owner of such masterpieces!

• Like 1