Peterborough North

great northern

I've taken a lot of photos of 60505 for some reason. I'll put up one more for now, but please tell me if you've had enough of it for the time being.

attachicon.gif505 leaving further on.jpg

Tell you what, how about the other side for a change, and in monochrome.

attachicon.gif505 leaving from inside.jpg

Off to bed now, absolutely disgusted with myself.

Well if you played golf to the same standard as your layout you would be the Open champion - so don't be too hard on yourself.  It would be somewhat selfish to have two world class activities on the go at the same time!

• RMweb Premium

Well if you played golf to the same standard as your layout you would be the Open champion - so don't be too hard on yourself.  It would be somewhat selfish to have two world class activities on the go at the same time!

Well, thanks for that, high praise indeed.  Am I too hard on myself? You aren't the first to say that.  How can I explain? There are things I can't do, lots of them, and that's OK.  There are things I can do, but not very well, and that's OK too. What really gets me is something that I can do, and do well, and which I then foul up. I don't mean having a bad day, that happens to the very best professionals. I mean playing as though I've never hit a ball before in my life, especially after I've hit 30 balls on the range to warm up, and 28 of them were quality shots. But enough of that now.

• RMweb Premium

I managed to take some more photos before the heavens opened and darkness descended upon the land, so its time to make room for them by showing more of the previous set. First into sight on the Up was Grantham A3 Centenary, which had taken over the 0800 Newcastle -KX at its home town.

post-98-0-99864700-1467128391_thumb.jpg

• Like 15

• RMweb Premium

To finish off Friday's images, we have two more shots of Diamond Jubilee, now waiting time at the North end of Platform 3.

post-98-0-86767400-1467190746_thumb.jpg

And I have only just noticed that I managed to get a pole sticking out of the chimney again.

post-98-0-09986300-1467190855_thumb.jpg

A bit more successful this time, and a shot which shows up the very satisfactory depth of view which those low relief houses give.

• Like 16

Gilbert

Once again you have inspired us with some stunning pictures. You manage to capture the essence of the scenes that I remember so well. I feel this is due to the way your stock looks "lived in" as if it has pounded up and down the ECML. A wonderfully subtle effect in my opinion. Well done you. If only I had the space to do the same in 7mm!  (I love the big pacifics but cannot justify 60017 and his mates on a east anglian branch line. Howver little brother " East Anglian"  is coming on so my truncated A4 will hopefully be riding the rails soon)

Thank you sir.

Martin Long

• RMweb Premium

Excellent photo's, and in the Cravens DMU, at least those can afford it, will be able to travel first-class all the way in the DTCL! :)

With warmest regards,

Rob.

And with a bit of luck the driver will leave the blinds up.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

A hurried visit this morning, just time to put up a couple more.

post-98-0-70279700-1467272047_thumb.jpg

An approaching train in the distance, and an A2 with something growing out of its chimney. At least it is something that does grow this time. If I'd painted it white and called it smoke it wouldn't have fooled you, would it?

post-98-0-15362200-1467272251_thumb.jpg

Getting closer. Not much merit in this, the trade off between lenght of exposure and depth of field and sharpness didn't work out as I hoped.

• Like 17