Peterborough North

great northern

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, cctransuk said:

To the best of my knowledge, the BR NPCS rebuilds comprised :-

CCT(E) (GER ILFORD STOCK U-F) No Dia. Nos. E71035-99E (SOME FOR ANGLO-SCOTTISH CAR CARRIER)

CCT(E) (LNER ILFORD STOCK U-F) No Dia. Nos. E71000-34E (SOME FOR ANGLO-SCOTTISH CAR CARRIER)

PMV (GER ILFORD STOCK U-F) LNER Dia. 53E Nos. E6001-23, E6025-81E

CCT(E) (LNER U-F) Dia. 817 Nos. E96200E - E96203E (PREVIOUSLY FREIGHT STOCK E889030-33) : SEE DRAWING BELOW

GUV (LNER U-F) LNER Lot 1224 Nos. include E1369

1679293052_DRAWING(SMALL).jpg.55ea921d948dca9619720a3764734f5d.jpg

If anyone knows differently, or can add detail, I'd be pleased to hear from them.

Regards,

John Isherwood.

Hi John

Thank you for the drawing. One of these vans is preserved and when I first saw a photo of it I wondered why it had Gresley bogies and only two doors. The Illford stock conversions had three doors, the GER ones had a GER design of bogie and the LNER ones had a Fox design (possibly ex GNR bogies). It took me a long time to find out it was a conversion of a LNER 51ft non-gangway coach. The Illford stock being 54ft over headstocks. 

• Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Clive Mortimore said:

Hi Steve

Nothing to be sorry about.

I have made a start on a ex LNER Illford stock CCT(E) conversion.

006a.jpg.57fa9a9be2ae0145c6d7ab7fed4b0af3.jpg

Should get on and finish it.

Clive, I love the look of that CCT(E). I’d always fancied building some but with no kit and no drawing it seemed a bit of a stretch! I might have known that you’d have given it a go. I run my car carrier with the 4 wheel CCTs instead.

Your pile of half completed projects must be a sight to behold!

Andy

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
38 minutes ago, thegreenhowards said:

Clive, I love the look of that CCT(E). I’d always fancied building some but with no kit and no drawing it seemed a bit of a stretch! I might have known that you’d have given it a go. I run my car carrier with the 4 wheel CCTs instead.

Andy

Hi Andy

It is a sight not sure if it is to behold. I must finish something soon, and not start any more.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, thegreenhowards said:

Andy

Hi Andy

I enlarged the drawing in the Hugh Longworth book, ignored the panelling and the Gresley bogies. The end profile is the same as a non-gangway LNER coach, with a very similar door arrangement as a BR GUV. I am going to copy a Lima model for the doors. For the bogies I am using the Nick Campling GNR Fox bogies drawing. All the information is there, it is a case of putting it all together.

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 6
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

• RMweb Gold

If I understand the virus correctly, you should be okay out on the golf course, Gilbert. You were probably right to avoid the clubhouse, but if there was no one coughing, or sneezing, you may have been okay in there too. 
Today I took the train to York, and I’m still here, but it is difficult. 

Best regards,

Rob.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, great northern said:

So there I am, anxiety disorder raging, very little sleep, and nearly ringing up to cancel golf. I decided I wouldn't, but would just play and leave without going in the clubhouse. Stressed to the eyeballs, I play four shots under my handicap, and it could have been a lot better. Very strange.

More of Silver King tonight.

1991271293_3163.JPG.69caf9926377b3beca6d44537c1d3c13.JPG

and then a shot of something we spotters only dreamed of, two of Gatehshead's most elusive A4s at the same time.

1787095693_42A4.JPG.68a22b4937813b480ba90f3da1424d49.JPG

Nice shots Gilbert,

I particularly like the weathering on that crimson SR van. Your work? 

What 'spoils' the photographs for me is the angle of the slidebars on those Hornby A4s. It's exactly the opposite of what it should be - higher at the rear than at the front. It seems to be a feature on every Hornby A4. I've not tried altering it on the one I have, but it would be interesting to see if it were possible.

Regards,

Tony. 

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium
9 hours ago, Market65 said:

If I understand the virus correctly, you should be okay out on the golf course, Gilbert. You were probably right to avoid the clubhouse, but if there was no one coughing, or sneezing, you may have been okay in there too. 
Today I took the train to York, and I’m still here, but it is difficult. 

Best regards,

Rob.

Thanks Rob. That's the way I see it too. It looks inevitable that we are going to be restricted whether we like it or not in the coming weeks, so lots of modelling should get done all over the land.

• Agree 2

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Tony Wright said:

Nice shots Gilbert,

I particularly like the weathering on that crimson SR van. Your work? 

What 'spoils' the photographs for me is the angle of the slidebars on those Hornby A4s. It's exactly the opposite of what it should be - higher at the rear than at the front. It seems to be a feature on every Hornby A4. I've not tried altering it on the one I have, but it would be interesting to see if it were possible.

Regards,

Tony. 

Yes, the van is my work. I don't mind having a go at things which haven't cost too much, so it doesn't matter if I foul up, and in any event I now know how to remove weathering or alter it if I don't get it right first time.

As to the A4s, I don't have your depth of knowledge, so "does it look like a " works for me. With Tim's weathering, they look very good compared with what we used to be offered.

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
19 hours ago, Clive Mortimore said:

Hi Steve

Nothing to be sorry about.

I have made a start on a ex LNER Illford stock CCT(E) conversion.

006a.jpg.57fa9a9be2ae0145c6d7ab7fed4b0af3.jpg

Should get on and finish it.

Yes, yes you should.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Premium

I've just been to the village Co-op. Oh dear!  A group of teenagers roaming round, paying no attention at all to guidelines, an adult with a runny nose, and another who looked as though personal hygiene was very low on his list of priorities. I am now less concerned about being banged up. All the stuff that is being panic bought was absent, of course.

On a brighter note, I've had a letter from one of my neighbours offering to help when the restrictions do come into force. She works in London, and so decided she should not speak to me personally. There are some nice people still.

• Like 2
  • Agree 3
  • Friendly/supportive 9

• RMweb Gold
20 minutes ago, mullie said:

Main concern in my local Tesco was what happens if the booze runs out, rumour has it the local pub might be doing home deliveries

Martyn

Good idea. I had better look for a supply of milk bottles.

1 hour ago, mullie said:

Main concern in my local Tesco was what happens if the booze runs out, rumour has it the local pub might be doing home deliveries

Martyn

The only stockpiling that we've done is of beer and red wine - true!

Regards,

John Isherwood.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, cctransuk said:

The only stockpiling that we've done is of beer and red wine - true!

Regards,

John Isherwood.

Just been out to supermarket to do a bit of panic buying, six bottles of cider and TWO magazines. Mrs H not happy at two mags. Wonder if she thinks I’m going to catch virus and pop my clogs before I’ve managed to read them, anyway I’ve left the receipt out just in case she needs it for a refund.

keep well everyone,

Robert 

• Like 2
  • Funny 4
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
15 minutes ago, bigwordsmith said:

This thread is definitely turning into SOS JUNCTION!

LIght relief is certainly well in order at present, and for some time to come, so bring it on. We'll need some ducks though.

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 2

19 hours ago, great northern said:

I've just been to the village Co-op. Oh dear!  A group of teenagers roaming round, paying no attention at all to guidelines, an adult with a runny nose, and another who looked as though personal hygiene was very low on his list of priorities. I am now less concerned about being banged up. All the stuff that is being panic bought was absent, of course.

On a brighter note, I've had a letter from one of my neighbours offering to help when the restrictions do come into force. She works in London, and so decided she should not speak to me personally. There are some nice people still.

Hi Gilbert

im currently in total lockdown Spain, the weekend just gone we saw panic buying but today things back to normal in the Supermarkets.

I think the same will happen in the UK once people accept the situation.

Love the A4 photos, Stay safe.

Regards

David

Edited by landscapes
Additional information
  • Friendly/supportive 10

• RMweb Premium

I've just finished another sequence, though it will be a day or three before you see the pictures of the last train. My diary tells me that this time I ran the whole thing in 100 days, which is far quicker than I've managed before. At that rate some of my locos will run twice every three months, instead of every six. I've also had another idea, which involves going back to the stone age, but more of that later.

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Premium
10 minutes ago, great northern said:

I've just finished another sequence, though it will be a day or three before you see the pictures of the last train. My diary tells me that this time I ran the whole thing in 100 days, which is far quicker than I've managed before. At that rate some of my locos will run twice every three months, instead of every six. I've also had another idea, which involves going back to the stone age, but more of that later.

DCC without the extra "C" and tension lock couplings :locomotive::locomotive::locomotive:

• Like 2
  • Funny 5
  • Friendly/supportive 1