RMweb

How UNrealistic are your models?

• RMweb Gold
Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, 25kV said:

I'd say the feline stubbornness is ultra realistic!  😉

Later on in the video they start hunting the trains!

Edited by Vistisen

• RMweb Premium

Not yet painted yet as far as rolling stock is concerned, but my Highland Railways layout is set in 1963...

• Like 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

On 23/03/2024 at 19:32, F-UnitMad said:

An evening Transfer Run was brought to an unexpected halt on my American O Scale layout last summer.

"Someone should do something about the bugs around here" grumbled Tiny the Engineer as he and his Conductor inspected the dead moth....

20230805_222452.jpg.442de3da77a019a1359e60d6ffd9a4bd.jpg

Unless this is West Virginia and that is the infamous Mothman, in which case it is very realistic...

• Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 1

39 minutes ago, CKPR said:

Unless this is West Virginia and that is the infamous Mothman, in which case it is very realistic...

Ok, I had to google that...!! But no, my layout is supposed to be set in Minnesota. The land of 10,000 lakes. Or alternatively, where the prairie is so flat you can watch your dog run away from home for 3 days.....

IMG_1476_zpsff45cbc7.jpg.2a5009f575ee38a4448579e60ff65852.jpg

Edited by F-UnitMad
Added photo from my old layout
  • Like 3

• RMweb Premium
21 hours ago, Hroth said:

TBH if it were my railway,  the cats would be out of the railway room before running started.

Useless ruddy creatures!

You obviously haven't had rats eating through the floor of your modelling shed before you got the roof on..

Our late cat was quite a hunter and kept the rats and mice down. The problems have return since she got run over.

• Friendly/supportive 4

On 27/03/2024 at 10:45, Barclay said:

The EM conversion (Ultrascale) was easy, but as to its other finescale credentials...

WP_20200401_14_54_26_Pro.jpg.f162940947b047b225e51b64bcdd7f17.jpg

My father had one of these repainted into Southern Railway livery!

• Like 2

I’ve long thought that much of reality is rather overrated, and that even “the best” model railways require so much self-delusion to make them seem realistic when seen in the flesh, that I sort of don’t prize “realism” all that highly. Sometimes, I think that evocation does the job just as well, if not better.

IMG_6333.jpeg.8a6452115eefc5b97431ebb612dc00cb.jpeg

• Like 13
  • Agree 2

18 hours ago, 92912 said:

I always liked the idea of ETH fitted 40s in large logo so repainted this Lima one many years ago

PSX_20240328_182546.jpg

Suits it. And why not? - it suited that other English Electric machine, the Class 37, as well.👍

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, Colin_McLeod said:

From Sam's trains:

I have only glimpsed parts of what he does on YouTube, and seen comments on here. I'm guessing most, if not all, of his output could easily come within the remit of this Thread..... 🤷‍♂️😁😉

• Agree 1
  • Funny 2