Glen Gillie, Loch Inch & Bridge of Muir

trains12

Great Layout, 

That hydro power station looks bob-on from the ones I remember from holidays in Scotland.

With regards to the timber wagons, are you aware of the cambrian models kit of the 1962/3 built wagons (see http://cambrianmodels.co.uk/brabw2.html)

(No connection, only a satisfied customer)

I hope you don't mind me asking what type of printer you have?

Regards,

Wild Boar Fell

Hi all,

One word says it all - if it is spelled correctly....

Bonnybridge

This is where the exhibition is and that the layout will be travelling to on Friday!

Thanks

Thanks for that.. Never was good at spelling.. Will we see you at the Show/ If so please let on to us.

Peter

Edited by trains12

Great Layout, 

That hydro power station looks bob-on from the ones I remember from holidays in Scotland.

With regards to the timber wagons, are you aware of the cambrian models kit of the 1962/3 built wagons (see http://cambrianmodels.co.uk/brabw2.html)

(No connection, only a satisfied customer)

I hope you don't mind me asking what type of printer you have?

Regards,

Wild Boar Fell

Hi Wild boar

Thanks for the comments. Will PM you tomorrow with details. of printer.

Yes Cambrian kits use to do a 1960's timber wagon, I have one which I got on a club stand and needs building but it is NA now. The 15 ton one in their Cat. is still not out, or up to the other month. We stock them in the shop so have been waiting for them that is why I want to try and make some with 3D printing but cannot get into Cad. I am from the old school using  a drawing board..

Peter

hi all

Here are a few shots taken to day of the layout. I have been doing all the small items that when you look closely you find, like just now found that I have missed painting the banking walls near the power station , will have to do this in the morning.  Also one of the front boards hiding the fiddle yard has been cut wrong  so will have to make a new on again in the morning. Any way a few shots to be going on with for now.

Peter

post-6915-0-75187200-1411933726.jpg

post-6915-0-06988800-1411933734.jpg

post-6915-0-38205400-1411933741.jpg

post-6915-0-28013500-1411933749.jpg

post-6915-0-86955000-1411933757.jpg

post-6915-0-02897400-1411933766.jpg

post-6915-0-24646700-1411933773.jpg

• Like 8

Hi All

Well two shots of the layout. One of the station and the other of the notice board. All down and ready to load into the van on Thursday  ready for the trip north on Friday  Just sorting out a further few items of stock . After Thursday Wendy can have the Dining room and lounge back after four months of building. She has said that this is my last layout no more room to store them. Will have to see about this, could always build a few micro layouts?

For those of you who live near BonnyBridge (Scottish Modeller I hope I have got it correct) please try and come to the show. They are a great lot of guys and put on a great show. If you do come please let on to us.

Cheers

Peter

post-6915-0-90154100-1412105282.jpg

post-6915-0-69269400-1412105289.jpg

• Like 4

Hi All

Well van packed with Bridge of Muir ready for the long drive (about 6-7 hours. We are not Ton up lads) up to Bonnybridge tomorrow. Only my bag to put in then pick up Richard at Chester then Paul at Wigan . Hope to see many of you there.

Peter

• Like 2

Been to Bonnybridge today and seeing Bridge of Muir in the flesh so to speak was breathtaking and for me it was the icing on the cake at this exhibition well done Peter and his team

Bonnybridge exhibition although small has a lot of really good layouts well worth a visit.

Hi All

Well got back at 4.00pm after a 7.5hour run back from Scotland in pouring rain and high winds..

Anyway a great bid thank you to all the lads and Bruce at Bonnybridge for such a great show. As you have heard I won two more items of silver ware. Will take photo when we have unpacked.

In the mean time a few shots of the layout at the show.

They have come out with a tint of yellow about them , must have had the settings wrong for the lighting.

Will add a few more in the next day or so.

Peter

post-6915-0-04911000-1412674112.jpg

post-6915-0-75709200-1412674116.jpg

post-6915-0-47377400-1412674122.jpg

post-6915-0-63270400-1412674128.jpg

post-6915-0-82121300-1412674133.jpg

post-6915-0-66578700-1412674138.jpg

• Like 11

Looks great, Peter - clearly impressed on the day - what did you win?

The cup is the Fraser Cup voted for the best layout chosen by the exhibitors and traders at the show. The shield is the one that I won last year for Glen Gillie and is awarded for the best scenics on a layout.

Peter

• RMweb Premium

The cup is the Fraser Cup voted for the best layout chosen by the exhibitors and traders at the show. The shield is the one that I won last year for Glen Gillie and is awarded for the best scenics on a layout.

Peter

Very well done indeed.

Hi All

Well Glen Gillie is all packed up in the van ready for the trip tomorrow to the Hornby Great Electric Train Show this weekend at the National Car Museum. See if I can take some better shots than I took at Bonnybridge.

Peter

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Hi All

Well Glen Gillie is all packed up in the van ready for the trip tomorrow to the Hornby Great Electric Train Show this weekend at the National Car Museum. See if I can take some better shots than I took at Bonnybridge.

Peter

Enjoy

Hi All

Well I have just arrived back with Glen Gillie & Loch Inch from the Hornby Great Electric Train show at the weekend.and we won thw Visitor's Cup voted by the publlic for the best layout at the show, That three items of silver ware for the two layouts in one week. The layout worked great other than the exit from the down fiddle yard where one of the rails most have fallen onto it and dented it. thus most of the stock came off. After a little work with the solder iron we managed to get it resonable for the stock.

A great time was had and a big thank you to Mike Wild and all the Hornby team for a great show.

Peter

• Like 4

Well done Peter, well deserved again mate, it all looked good and was running well whenever I walked past.

Hi Andy

Thanks for the comments.. Yes it ran very well apart from the dent in the rail leading into the main line fiddle yard at Glen Gillie end.

Work will now start in the next few weeks on the conversion from DC to DCC. I am going to keep the points seperate as they are now operated by the stud and probe but there will now be a only one panel. All the section switches will be removed . Most of the electric uncouplers will also be replaced with magnets for the Kadee couplings. Also it is hoped that a printed back scene will be installed as well.

Peter

• Like 3