Glen Gillie, Loch Inch & Bridge of Muir

trains12

Hi All

Well I am back on the main system after the storm the other week that knocked out the phones and the router. so I can now get to my photos.

So here are a few shots of glen Gillie taken at the Great Electric Train Show last weekend. Will take a shot of the trophies won at the last two shows and post that.ASAP.

Peter

post-6915-0-90999300-1413622810.jpg

post-6915-0-21862500-1413622815.jpg

post-6915-0-30095200-1413622819.jpg

post-6915-0-62898700-1413622823.jpg

post-6915-0-12207900-1413622828.jpg

• Like 9

Hi All

Here are the trophies that I won at the last two shows.

Bonnybridge show

The first shot is the shield for the best  scenics  layout voted by the public and the Fraser cup voted by the exhibitors and traders at the show for the best layout.

The Hornby great Electric show.

The  cup voted by the visitors as the best layout in show.

peter

post-6915-0-06686500-1413806326.jpg

post-6915-0-53663400-1413806329.jpg

• Like 5

Hi All

Well I have started work on building the stills inside Glen Gillie Distillery. Photos to follow. I am also altering the inside lights that I had fitted bu not connected up to Light house LED's as they give for better light  inside the buildings, see the power station on Bridge of Muir..

Work has also started on the building of the new control panel which will operate all the points on Glen Gillie & Loch inch insead of the two panels. Paul is sorting out the Power districts ready to srip out all the DC cableing and replacement with a new DCC bus bar.

Will keep you all informed but please add some comments to the site.

Peter

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hi All

Well after being of the web through the main line into the house being down after the storms the other week and the house being hit by lighting ( no damage other than two phones gone) I am now back on. I will now put some shots that I have taken of the work on the control pannel fro the conversion of Glen Gillie and Lock Inch to DCC. But I have also taken on a build for a layout for Richard (who helps out at the shows) for a small one for Christmas. Plus I am a little  at loss for not build anything so have drawn up plans for what in my way could be a micro layout, it is five foot long which is very small for me. The theam is a cement  works? I think it will be called Haven Quay.

Will keep you all in formed.

Peter

Hi All

Well here are a few shots of the Whisky Stills that are being made for inside the distillery on Glen Gillie. The Orange round items are two Kinder Surprise eggs mount on a Plastruct frame work. At present am experimenting with some flexi straws to make the connections onto the other distillery units . The white tapered items are the tops off some super glue tubes.

The photos of the real stills are taken at the Tullibardine distillery who were most helpful on providing information on the colour schemes of the pipework and various other items when I visited them in 2012 to do some research on the buildings.

Peter

post-6915-0-07822200-1415441085.jpg

post-6915-0-24798900-1415441120.jpg

post-6915-0-76878300-1415441089.jpg

post-6915-0-43017200-1415441094.jpg

post-6915-0-12404800-1415441099.jpg

post-6915-0-89919000-1415441103.jpg

post-6915-0-63505600-1415441108.jpg

post-6915-0-63546600-1415441113.jpg

• Like 4

Hi All

Well here are a few shots of the Whisky Stills that are being made for inside the distillery on Glen Gillie. The Orange round items are two Kinder Surprise eggs mount on a Plastruct frame work. At present am experimenting with some flexi straws to make the connections onto the other distillery units . The white tapered items are the tops off some super glue tubes.

The photos of the real stills are taken at the Tullibardine distillery who were most helpful on providing information on the colour schemes of the pipework and various other items when I visited them in 2012 to do some research on the buildings.

Peter

Some real ingenuity there Peter.

If only you could produce a real working model :sungum:

• RMweb Premium

Some real ingenuity there Peter.

If only you could produce a real working model :sungum:

Shame, but a drop of whisky on ine if those evaporator rings that sit on a light bulb would certainly add the smell. 

Shame, but a drop of whisky on ine if those evaporator rings that sit on a light bulb would certainly add the smell. 

Hi 45156

Which evaporator rings are those.  At present we use a an air plug in unit which has the whisky poured into it and then plug into the mains. This takes some time but we do get a very faint smell coming from it. The other method we us is to put a pad of tissue into the centre of the building up against the wall so that the public can not see it and pour the whisky onto it. ( it is very cheap stuff0  When the public see this being done it produces  some funny reactions from them.

Peter

• RMweb Premium

You get them with some liquid air fresheners and they come in a kit with a bottle of scent, and a ring which fits over the top of the light bulb.  I've seen two sorts, one with a porous ring, which you soak with the liquid to be evapaporated (normally the scent) the second has a metal ring which has a little trough, and the volatile liquid goes into the trough.

With the former soak it first, then put on top of the bulb, with the second, you can fill it first, or place it first, then fill it.  The switch on, and away you go.  These only work, of course, with the old-fashioned incandescent bulbs - which luckily you can still get in many outlets sold as heavy duty bulbs. I have recently seen one or two of these at car boot sales - and I'm not sure of you can still buy them, because of the move away from these "naughty" bulbs.  I think that they were more effective than the plug ins.

A search on e-Bay ot Amazon might come up with somethng.

Hope this helps,

Stewart

You get them with some liquid air fresheners and they come in a kit with a bottle of scent, and a ring which fits over the top of the light bulb.  I've seen two sorts, one with a porous ring, which you soak with the liquid to be evapaporated (normally the scent) the second has a metal ring which has a little trough, and the volatile liquid goes into the trough.

With the former soak it first, then put on top of the bulb, with the second, you can fill it first, or place it first, then fill it.  The switch on, and away you go.  These only work, of course, with the old-fashioned incandescent bulbs - which luckily you can still get in many outlets sold as heavy duty bulbs. I have recently seen one or two of these at car boot sales - and I'm not sure of you can still buy them, because of the move away from these "naughty" bulbs.  I think that they were more effective than the plug ins.

A search on e-Bay ot Amazon might come up with somethng.

Hope this helps,

Stewart

Wasteful of good whisky, a better alternative is to drink the whisky and then breathe on everyone. :jester:

Hi All

Sorry I have not been on with the photos and progress but have had a further do this last week with my heart problem again. Am now up and about today so will try and get some shots of the work done so far on the new panels.

One item . Can any one point me in the direction on how you wire up a diamond  crossing for DCC have three to do on Glen Gillie.

Peter

Edited by trains12

Hi All

Well just out of Hospital again . Prognoss not very good. I dont feel up to doing much on the modelling side so please do excuse me for not puting on any news just at present.. Very lonly up here not seeing anyone.

Cheers

Peter

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Hi Peter - sorry to hear that you're poorly - from bitter experience, follow the advice of the medics and don't be too keen to break the monotony with a trip to your modelling room - that can wait until you're feeling more up to it.

Kindest regards

Stewart

Hi All

Well at home again after being in hospital for a small Exploration op on the water works, I feel at present a little better has they have now confirmed that the big C is not there and so that side is clear, Back in on Monday afternoon to see the heart spec, So hope i get the same comments,

On the modelling side have been looking on R Mweb but that is about all. Have been thinking of selling alot of the stuff and layouts, No one comes now so I end up on the sette watching tv with Bertie, It gets very depressing.It is funny that I have had more support from the RM web members than many of the local guys and for that I thank you all.

Cheers

Peter

Hi Peter, very sorry to hear of your health issues and hope it's more good news on Monday. It'd be a huge shame if you 'hang up your boots' so to speak, there are plenty of us on here and that have seen your wonderful models at exhibitions that would very saddened if that's what you choose to do. Shame I live several hours away from you or I'd be more than happy to pop in - if I'm over in your part of the world any time soon I'll send you a pm.

best wishes,

Dave

Hi All

Well at home again after being in hospital for a small Exploration op on the water works, I feel at present a little better has they have now confirmed that the big C is not there and so that side is clear, Back in on Monday afternoon to see the heart spec, So hope i get the same comments,

On the modelling side have been looking on R Mweb but that is about all. Have been thinking of selling alot of the stuff and layouts, No one comes now so I end up on the sette watching tv with Bertie, It gets very depressing.It is funny that I have had more support from the RM web members than many of the local guys and for that I thank you all.

Cheers

Peter

Hi Peter, sorry to hear you've not been well again mate, I know what you mean about sitting doing nothing, it drives you mad.

When I had my Stroke, I couldn't read, watch telly or do anything for at least the first 3 Months and so sitting all day just thinking is depressing.

Re selling stuff, if I got like that now, I think I would plan a small 6ft shunting plank and the just have the stock for that, you could also then have everything at home and convenient.

All the best mate, and if you want a chat, PM me you phone number and I will happily give you a call for a nice chat.

• RMweb Gold

Hi All

Cheers

Peter

Oh! Many of us older chaps have waterworks issues, and I certainly do at 66. I once read that 70% of men will suffer with a prostate problem, and am glad yours does not involve C in that area - nor does mine, so far. Your modelling skills are very substantial, and that hasn't changed overnight. Far from selling stuff and layouts, why not give yourself new challenges? More than ever, you need goals, and once the heart chappie has given you a qualified thumbs-up, you should decide what to do next. Stick with the hobby, Peter, and keep RMweb up to date with progress. You have plenty of admirers on here.

Peter, all I can do is agree with what's been posted above. I work away a fair bit, so if I end up in the area I'll PM you.

The standard of your work is impressive so I have to say that a small challenge as voiced by Andy may be an idea. If you do go down this route, please keep us updated and informed on here.

Wishing you all the best on Monday.