The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Happy Yorkshire Day

AMJ

To all of those in Gods own county or should that be COUNTRY Happy Yorkshire day.

In the best tradition of the Fast Show - today I'll be mostly drinking real ale from Black Sheep, Copper Dragon, Tim Taylors, Theakston's & Sam Smiths but none of the chemical rubbish from the certain mass brewers with a huntsman & a magnet shown as branding.

Today I'm proudly wearing a large White Rose

When not drinking real ale I drink council pop aka Yorkshire Watter

Yorkshire Pudding served with lots of onion gravy - note that this is a course in many local resteraunts in addition to the starter, mains and dessert.

• RMweb Premium

Aren't the words "Happy" and "Yorkshire" an oxymoron when together biggrin.gif

I think you'll find it's 'lavish' and Yorkshire' that become an oxymoron when placed together. Happy and Yorkshire go together rather well when the prospect of beating Lancashire at cricket is contemplated.

Today will no doubt bring a lot of envious comments from those non-Yorkshire people!

Yorkshire Pudding served with lots of onion gravy - note that this is a course in many local resteraunts in addition to the starter, mains and dessert.

That tends to be a West Riding thing though I think.

But you lot don't have seasoning on your chips, which is just weird...!

• RMweb Premium

I'll stick a couple of extra Aunt Bessie's Yorkshire Puds on tonight in honour.

However this shall be done with caution as I was once related a tale that a couple of Southerners took over a pub in Yorkshire once a few years back and on their first weekend served the aforementioned ready made 'Yorkshire' puddings resulting in a near riot and the Police having to be called to calm things down!!

Guest CLARENCE

Happy Yorkshire Day, to all those lucky "tykes" who still live in God's own county, and commiserations to those who now live elsewhere, like me(Northumberland, which is lovely, but not Yorkshire). I till love the Dales, but they're rather a long way away these days!

Regards, David.

Happy Yorkshire day!

Especially to all those Yorkshire men(& women!) who are sooo full of how great Yorkshire is but choose to live elsewhere!!!!laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

During my time, i have lived in Derbyshire, Nottinghamshire, Lancashire and France - in all of these places, i've come across ex-pat Yorkshire folk who are, shall we say, full of nostalgia!!!

How come Yorkshire gets it's own day anyway?

All the best from LANCASHIRE!!!!tongue.gif

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

John E.

Dons flak jackets and runs for cover!!!!!

biggrin.gif

Possibly coincidentally, I heard on Radio 4 at the weekend that a special "Yorkshire Symphony" has been composed. It is a 15-minute work, and features a great many performers, one of whom - and I kid you not, 'cos I actually heard it! - is reported to be "a transvestite singing in the middle of a field of sheep".

Archived