Creative Photography (Railway Related)

Ian J.

BNSF Seattle-Vancouver line at South Bellingham:

post-1771-0-90018200-1353130379.jpg

There is a railway connection with this next picture, again taken at South Bellingham. The current BNSF line, ex-Great Northern, runs along the shore here. There was a salmon cannery, claimed to be the largest in the continental USA, at this point. The Northern Pacific built a branch to serve the cannery, and had to build part of it offshore, on piles. The NP branch is now a walking/biking trail. This concrete walkway follows the course of the section of the line which was supported on piles:

post-1771-0-57662400-1353130766.jpg

• Like 6

I'm not sure if this qualifies as 'railway related', but there is track in the foreground, and I was standing on a 'rails to trails' path when I took it:

post-1771-0-06149300-1353551145.jpg

It's now my screensaver.

Edited by pH
  • Like 6

Level crossing keeper's cottage, former Woodhead route near Penistone.

post-7286-0-17493800-1353892720_thumb.jpg

Note the diminutive linesmen doggedly ascending the telegraph pole. These may be former employees of the Gnome Central Railway, hoping for a reopening of the line.

(corrected typo)

Edited by bluebottle
  • Like 1

Level crossing keeper's cottage, former Woodhead route near Penistone.

post-7286-0-17493800-1353892720_thumb.jpg

Note the diminutive linesmen doggedly ascending the telegraph pole. These may be former employees of the Gnome Central Railway, hoping for a reopening of the line.

(corrected typo)

A real gnome from gnome. Probably trying to connect their wireless to pick up the Gnome Service.