Creative Photography (Railway Related)

Ian J.

• RMweb Gold

Spotted at Newbury station on Wednesday last. I'm sure there is a valid operational reason for the blue sign on the post, but it made me smile. Apparently, nobody told the mirror it was not in service!

post-7291-0-46464400-1358546003_thumb.jpg

• Like 6

Spotted at Newbury station on Wednesday last. I'm sure there is a valid operational reason for the blue sign on the post, but it made me smile. Apparently, nobody told the mirror it was not in service!

attachicon.gifDA11103LR.jpg

They have heaters to keep the glass from frosting over but I suspect it's more to do with the alignment not being as per design so "technically" it may not reflect(?) the area required. 

Edited by Southernman46
  • Like 2

Again the "creativity" element here is in the processing of digital photographs
and once again I have used Photoshop (other image processing programs are available)

But careful selection and composition of the shot can yield an effective result....
I took this photo on the DFR a few winters back,
and by using an eliptical selection tool,
I cut away the corners of the image to create a victorian "vignette" effect

The photo was then made black & white, using the image- adjust- black&white tool,
careful observation of the tonal values of each colour is needed here
as often simply making the image monochrome, can yield rather flat, lifeless tones....

I then converted the image into a "duotone" - selecting brown-ish and yellow-ish tones
this has given the image a sepia quality.....

post-2973-0-68247700-1359563213_thumb.jpg

post-2973-0-54452800-1359563227_thumb.jpg

• Like 7

Talking of creative,Adobe photoshop are offering free downloads of Creative Suite 2(CS2).This an excellent product even though it`s a bit old but it will do everything you would normally want.

https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/entitlement/index.cfm?pid=4485850&e=cs2_downloads

Cheers,Ray.

Edited by sagaguy
  • Like 1

Powering up to Stoke - 1981

I've just emailed my mate a link to this photo... he'll be having large scale bottom evacuations when he sees it, being such a big Deltic man... I fear he may be forced to ring in sick for tonight's Bardon Hill - Neasden job!

Ever since my local railway path got tarmacked, I've been trying to find a replacement view of my local viaduct....

post-6712-0-89095800-1359651984_thumb.jpg

The downside (as it always has been) is that it only works for the up fast though! Mustn't grumble though.

• Like 1