Creative Photography (Railway Related)

Ian J.

Southern terminus.

Another nice picture but I think it could be improved! 

If you had shot a second or so earlier, the nearer passenger would not have had a pillar growing out of his head and could have provided a 'lead-in' to the picture, as well as 'balancing' the composition better. A bit like this (courtesy of Photoshop):

post-19820-0-17944900-1408195506.jpg

• Like 2

6accf73e947911e2ae9922000a1f9b71_7.jpg

Snapped with the iPhone when testing out my You-choos Bachmann 9F

6e43c31e8b1b11e2b3d922000a9f309f_7.jpg

Again, with the trusty iphone... Durring a break in filming at Bluebell for Muppets Most Wanted, I stumbled across a plethora of scrap behind one of the sheds.

Edited by doublecee
  • Like 2

• RMweb Gold

66087 approaches journeys end at Deighton on 7th September 2014 with 6T53 14:24 Crewe Basford Hall SSM to Deighton working of JJA autoballasters.

Processed with the effect of infra-red filter for a bit of fun.

• Like 5

The early morning sun casts a shadow on the buildings, along the road by Starcross station, of a passing up Voyager.

I did think about cropping out the train altogether and just have the shadow, but that'd probably be taking things too far.....

I don't know, worth a try with just the shadow:

post-6971-0-00746800-1410162213.jpg

From 2007, taken from inside the train whose shadow you can see, and borrowed from my post on the "Welcome to the Settle & Carlisle route!" thread.

• Like 10

The early morning sun casts a shadow on the buildings, along the road by Starcross station, of a passing up Voyager.

I did think about cropping out the train altogether and just have the shadow, but that'd probably be taking things too far.....

Taking it even further - perhaps you should Photoshop a shadow of a Broad Gauge train :)